Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2008, 00:57   #61
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
There thay have mentioned that the engine is 2.0 L iVTEC producing 157 BHP. That's not our regular Civic.
for 200cc more and 30 bhp more i refuse to pay close to 5 laks on top. even 18 laks is stupid for it. this time they better launch it with sunroof
Old 2nd May 2008, 01:01   #62
Senior - BHPian

Hey dude. It says wish this would come here. Not that this is coming here.

Though i think nothing is sure of until someone gets to see the engine or the company officially states the specifications.

I think the same engine with the skirts etc would not be worth the extra money.
Guys can get better mods from outside.
Old 8th May 2008, 13:37   #63
BHPian

At last, Honda Inda has started the countdown for cheers: unvieling the 8th generation Accord.

www.hondacarinda.com
Old 8th May 2008, 14:01   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
At last, Honda Inda has started the countdown for cheers: unvieling the 8th generation Accord.

www.hondacarinda.com
And it will be interesting to see if the other companies - Toyota, Hyundai, Skoda, VW have something to announce at the same time...
Old 9th May 2008, 15:07   #65
Senior - BHPian

Its coming on May 13.
Old 9th May 2008, 15:24   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, forget Accord.

In spite of all the hype about Accord's handling and smoooooth power delivery and blah blah, I know it's going to drink a liter of petrol every 5/6 KM

When is Civic hybrid coming?
Oil is at $124/barrel.
Old 9th May 2008, 15:46   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
When is Civic hybrid coming?
Oil is at $124/barrel.
What you say about the Accord is true Anand. But will you spend 18 lakhs on the Civic Hybrid to save on fuel cost? What's the break even equation when the hybrid costs 5-6 lakhs more than the regular?
I was keen on C Hybrid but not at 18 lakhs. I dont want to be punished for thinking about FE and environment. Im now waiting for the new City. Hopefully it'll have better FE than the existing model.
Old 9th May 2008, 16:05   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
What you say about the Accord is true Anand. But will you spend 18 lakhs on the Civic Hybrid to save on fuel cost? What's the break even equation when the hybrid costs 5-6 lakhs more than the regular?
I was keen on C Hybrid but not at 18 lakhs. I dont want to be punished for thinking about FE and environment. Im now waiting for the new City. Hopefully it'll have better FE than the existing model.
You are right about the cost/benifit ratio.

However, Civic hybrid is going to be India's first hybrid car - a paradym shift. And another initiative from Honda who have launched all their latest cars in India - making India one of their seriously contested marketplace.

Look at Toyota - they have Prius, but they have no plans for India. And unlike prius, Honda's hybrid system is generic. it can be used in any of the cars. So for Honda hybrids, the progression from CBU import to local assembly can be very very rapid.
Old 9th May 2008, 16:19   #69
Senior - BHPian

agreed but I'll wait till they localize and bring down the price. BTW I was reading someplace that the hybrid tech in the Prius is better then the Honda Civic. That's because the electric motor of the Prius actually powers the car up to a certain speed with the engine off as opposed to the Honda where the engine always stays on and motor just gives it a push. That is why the Prius is more fuel efficient and more expensive.
BTW 2009 or so Honda is expected to come out with another cheap small hybrid - maybe Ill wait for that.
Old 9th May 2008, 20:36   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
And it will be interesting to see if the other companies - Toyota, Hyundai, Skoda, VW have something to announce at the same time...
Just saw an ad for the "all new" Hyundai Embera on SET Max during the IPL match.. So looks like they are going to synch it with the Honda announcement..Nothing in their website though.
Old 9th May 2008, 21:28   #71
BHPian

The lastest itreation Honda IMA(Integrated Motor Assist) also powers up the car till about 25-40 kmph, the main difference being that IMA will still be connected to the enigne requiring more power than that used in Prius, where it directly pushes the car.

After pushing the car alone upto 40 kmph, it will be help the engine accelerate and also regenerate power in case you are slowing down. These hybrids use NiMH batteries that Honda expects to survive for 7-10 years odd.

In India, expect the civic hybrid to give about 18-20 kmpl and mildly higher 22-24 kmpl in highway. It will be slower thant he 1.8L one. On the other hand the Prius here woould give about 23-25kmpl in city and about 22kmpl in highway. Since the prius is selling in lot more numbers and is manufactured only in one factory, it can be much cheaper(14-15l if it was not a toyota, 18-20l for Toyota, this is including the 30% duty cut).

About braking even, thats a nice term invented by the Americans to not buy hybrids. For us though it will be a decision more like, buying a petrol and diesel. We pay a 1.2+ lakh rupee premium for a 5.5 lakh rupee car to get a diesel, so the 5 lakhs premium will not look big for a 13 lakh rupee car. Especially considering the smoothness, quiteness, ease of drive, peppiness at low spees of Hybrid cars.

Last edited by arunmur : 9th May 2008 at 21:46.
Old 2nd June 2008, 05:39   #72
BHPian

Well sorry for brining this topic back, but any news on when will Honda Jazz be put on sale ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks