Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2008, 17:52   #211
Senior - BHPian

According to some unofficial sources the Linea coming into India is 1.9L engine with 130 PS (130 hp/96 kW)

lets hope this vehicle comes into India with the above mentioned config, which will make car enthusiasts to party....
Old 6th August 2008, 18:02   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
According to some unofficial sources the Linea coming into India is 1.9L engine with 130 PS (130 hp/96 kW)

lets hope this vehicle comes into India with the above mentioned config, which will make car enthusiasts to party....
Oh. That is drooling...

-BSR
Old 6th August 2008, 18:16   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakaaaaasss View Post
OffTopic:

Seen this yellow beauty parked near my house yesterday....Linea looks very striking in Yellow
Hmm...it may be looking very striking in real, but at least in the pictures, it looks like a taxi. Ummm..may be taxi of some 5-star hotel.
Old 6th August 2008, 18:30   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Hmm...it may be looking very striking in real, but at least in the pictures, it looks like a taxi. Ummm..may be taxi of some 5-star hotel.
That was how I felt it too. But, there are some fora where someone from Brazil had posted a pic of a yellow Linea. It looked good there.

Quote:
If that is true, I am game for buying Linea as my next car. But, I have not found anyone confirming that yet.
Old 6th August 2008, 18:42   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Here is what I am hoping - Fiat will bank on the 1.3 MJD for volume sales and targets the 120 BHP petrol engine for the driving enthusiasts, what say? ( after all the Palio sales have gone up after the introduction of the 1.3 MJD - whereas the underpowered 1.1 L petrol engine has done nothing much for it's sales. is the 1.1L Stile selling that much more than the 1.6 L sports?)
And of course, improve it's A.S.S!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
The ideal line-up should be something like this:

Gasoline:

1.4 95 bhp
1.4 95 bhp with either LPG or CNG based on the availability of either of these.
1.4 T 120 bhp
1.4 T 120 bhp with either LPG or CNG

Diesel:
1.3 JTD with 95 bhp (hopefully after the update which is due this Italian summer)
1.9 JTD with 140/150 bhp for the enthusiasts

All other bells and whistles are welcome, like Blue and Me, blah blah blah...
Guys

You need to keep your expectations at a realistic level, else you risk disillusionment at launch and god knows this brand can do without more of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
it looks like a taxi. Ummm..may be taxi of some 5-star hotel.
Errr...this pic is obviously not from India - 5-star hotels would use something more than base economy runabouts as taxis, I should imagine.
Old 6th August 2008, 18:57   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seen this yellow beauty parked near my house yesterday....Linea looks very striking in Yellow
Linea in yellow looks stunning!

Hope Fiat India launches it with some interesting engine options!
Old 6th August 2008, 19:16   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Guys

You need to keep your expectations at a realistic level, else you risk disillusionment at launch and god knows this brand can do without more of that.
Kam se kam khwabon mein to jeene do, yaar!
But , I agree with you completely. We are likely to see a functional version which will address mass market.
On the dates - I was earlier getting an impression that it will be a september launch. But after calling the dealer today, I was a bit surprised to hear Nov/Dec..does anyone have any more concrete information?
Old 6th August 2008, 21:44   #218
BHPian

Quote:
OffTopic:

Yet another left hand side driver position, judging from the sticker on the right side. Has anyone seen with right hand position steering wheel? Just wondering if the car is getting ready at all or not. Heard that Corolla is not coming with diesel. Hyundai is not launching Avante. Hope Hyundai at least launches the i20 with the CRDi in Getz by October.
Old 7th August 2008, 07:38   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Guys

I think it is now a given that it is just 1.3 90 and 1.4 bhp not available that will come to India. It will be great if fiat thinks in terms of running costs for petrol in the very beginning and introduce LPG or cng based on the availability. This should be done from day one. I think that is the only way they can get people to buy their petrols if they do not bring in the turbo.
Old 7th August 2008, 10:11   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Yet another left hand side driver position, judging from the sticker on the right side.
The OP has clearly mentioned his location as Bayern, plus the EU blue circle and DeutscheLand 'D' are there in the number plate as well.
Old 7th August 2008, 14:44   #221
BHPian

Quote:

I think plonking the 1.9 in the Linea will dilute bravo's premium positioning(read: pricing). So, I think unlikely.

However, it would be great if, indeed the Linea comes with the 1.9MJD.
Old 7th August 2008, 15:03   #222
Senior - BHPian

Linea with 1.3 MJD ;1.6 MJD and 1.9 MJD would be perfect sets of diesel engines. I guess first we ll get the 1.3 MJD. Im praying we get the 1.6 MJD too !!
Old 8th August 2008, 20:08   #223
BHPian

I wonder if Fiat is delaying the launch of the Linea and GP because they are trying to launch the cars with an extremely high localization percentage thus leading to very competitive prices.

Fiat's Product Mix could possibly look like this in the next few yrs.
Palio 3L to Rs 5L price bracket
Grande Punto : Rs 5.5L to 7L
Linea : Rs 7 - Rs 10L
500 : Rs 13L - 16L
Bravo: Rs 15 - 20L

In future Fiat could launch either the new Uno or the Panda in the 2.50L to Rs 4L price bracket.
Old 9th August 2008, 13:25   #224
BHPian

well fiat palio pricing is bang on target for sure! mjd and 1.1 petrol are both value for money cars and really competitively priced.
as far as punto and linea is concerned my gut feeling is they will come at a premium of atleast 50,000 vis-a-vis maruti swift and dzire according to current engine specification.
So we might see fiat linea 1.4 ltr petrol starting around 6 lakhs and fiat mjd starting at 6.5 lakhs.
Old 9th August 2008, 15:57   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude131 View Post
I wonder if Fiat is delaying the launch of the Linea and GP because they are trying to launch the cars with an extremely high localization percentage thus leading to very competitive prices.
I read in some automag that Fiat is going to launch both the Linea and GP with 75% localization from day one. This will, of course, be further increased with time.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks