Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2008, 08:38   #226
Senior - BHPian

They should launch the car before the next gen City is launched . this ay they may get some mindshare. If they launch it after the City hits the roads, not too many peole may wait for it.Moreover, there will be comparisons between the cars. The same is bound to confuse the potential customers who will most likely take the safer option of going in for the Honda
Old 10th August 2008, 11:03   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
They should launch the car before the next gen City is launched . this ay they may get some mindshare. If they launch it after the City hits the roads, not too many peole may wait for it.Moreover, there will be comparisons between the cars. The same is bound to confuse the potential customers who will most likely take the safer option of going in for the Honda
After seeing the list of features of the new Honda City somewhere, I think petrolheads will anyway wait for a month to buy the Honda City even if Linea is launched in September. Fiat should try to sell their diesels without any waiting period, which I believe will be the case.
Old 11th August 2008, 00:20   #228
Senior - BHPian

They are launching on 4th September, and definitely waiting period will be very less.

if only they let MSIL sell it
Old 11th August 2008, 00:24   #229
BHPian

hahaha! well said... maybe even let hyundai sell it... call it Leliya instead of Linea!

any idea whats the pricing for the diesel variant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
They are launching on 4th September, and definitely waiting period will be very less.

if only they let MSIL sell it
Old 11th August 2008, 10:27   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
They are launching on 4th September
How sure are you? If it is 4th September, shouldn't the invitations for the launch party be out by now? Or are they not going to have a launch party at all? They should create some hype if they want to get good initial response.
Old 11th August 2008, 12:10   #231
BHPian

Just read in the TOI today that Fiat will be launching the Bravo later this year and the Linea next year. NO timelines mentioned . I would tend to agree with the same as the Bravo is already up on the Fiat website.

Such a pity as we were all expecting the Linea to come in this year with killer pricing + features.
Old 11th August 2008, 12:29   #232
Senior - BHPian

Wow! All the while, Fiat India has been saying that Linea will be released during the second quarter of this financial year. I hope TOI has got it wrong. I would rather believe in the comments of Fiat India spokesperson.
Old 11th August 2008, 12:34   #233
Senior - BHPian

Im quite confident it ll be launched next month. If they delay it further worse for them cos there are quite a lot of people waiting for the Linea. Most of Fiat spokeperson have told September launch so lets stick to that.
Old 11th August 2008, 12:36   #234
BHPian

I just hope that is correct. It will be a pity if the launch it after the new City, Corolla etc is launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Im quite confident it ll be launched next month.
Old 11th August 2008, 12:38   #235
BHPian

OT - but Corolla ALTIS ads are already in today's papers (TOI) - so FIAT is late in kicking off the advertising campaign as of today....
Old 11th August 2008, 15:21   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
OT - but Corolla ALTIS ads are already in today's papers (TOI) - so FIAT is late in kicking off the advertising campaign as of today....
Fiat actually started kicking a few weeks back. They have a advert showing the Linea, Bravo, GP and 500. Of course, how many viewers actually grasped what they are smartly advertising is another story.
Old 11th August 2008, 15:33   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Fiat actually started kicking a few weeks back. They have a advert showing the Linea, Bravo, GP and 500. Of course, how many viewers actually grasped what they are smartly advertising is another story.
I think a paper ad with the Launch date would give every Fiat fan some
relief about Linea s launch.

OT :I think Toyota has done the right thing as most of us were expecting Altis by August mid
Old 11th August 2008, 15:37   #238
BHPian

Wow, thats a nice scoop. Actually the car looks a bit odd to my eyes
Old 11th August 2008, 17:00   #239
BHPian

Yes it does look pretty odd to a certain extent. I saw a camoflauged Linea near my office, took a couple if pictures but no permission to upload yet.
Old 13th August 2008, 12:56   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
... I saw a camoflauged Linea near my office, took a couple if pictures but no permission to upload yet.
What's that?

Why would Linea be camouflaged now? From various sources, it seems that 4/5th September is when it is getting launched and some big wigs from FIAT may fly down here for the launch.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks