Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2008, 21:33   #256
BHPian

ok just to clarify I find it looks good in the new fiat ads - i just meant it looked bad in the pics posted here (maybe chequered ones on page 5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Odd? IMHO the Linea is a beautiful looking car. It's the first Fiat I would seriously consider buying in India.
Old 13th August 2008, 22:12   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadinc View Post
I have no qualms about the looks of the current Palio (or for the matter of fact the upcoming GP and linea as well) .
My only grunt is the interiors which can be much better?
my dear friend looks and quality are not like worlds apart.
Had it been so, then Palio should have looked like some ugly duckling which it definitely is not.
I was talking about the interiors as well. As far as Palio interiors go, yes, it's extremely outdated now. BUT, the plastics are very robust and age really well.

By the way, What do you find wrong with the GP and Linea interior?

PS: The Palio, IMO, is still the best looking hatch in India.
Old 13th August 2008, 23:48   #258
BHPian

Well i too say the same. Exteriors are a class above all. The car is sheer elegance.

The only concern as you can see from the pics I have uploaded is that Fiat may bring outdated interiors in the Linea and GP too.( I would simply love to be proven wrong)

The two pics in my last post are interiors of palio in India and Brazil.

Don't you think that they are worlds apart. Agree that Palio ages well both interiors and exteriors but dont we deserve to have the right quality and looks of Interiors?

I am hooked to this post as I believe Linea is set to redefine this segment which has seen best of both worlds.

Cheers
Old 14th August 2008, 10:33   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only concern as you can see from the pics I have uploaded is that Fiat may bring outdated interiors in the Linea and GP too.( I would simply love to be proven wrong)
That wouldn't happen because unlike the Palio, both the Linea and GP are in their first generation.
Old 14th August 2008, 10:42   #260
BHPian

- Fiat Linea -

Good site on Linea with specs, pics, video etc...
Old 14th August 2008, 11:43   #261
BHPian

thanks for the links mate.
These sure are promising to say the least.
Btw: Did you notice the third headrest in the rear bench. The linea seems to be having the space of a logan too

and

"She's got the looks".
Old 14th August 2008, 11:59   #262
Senior - BHPian

I like the instrument cluster - it's very sporty. The display screen shows info about audio also apart from time and temperature. I hope Fiat retains that for the Indian variant.
Old 14th August 2008, 13:45   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Btw: Did you notice the third headrest in the rear bench.
Third head rest is optional. BTW, it also comes with rear seat A/c blower.
Old 14th August 2008, 14:01   #264
BHPian

great if they retain that too in Indian version.
BTW, I was talking about oodles of space available at the rear. A boon for my 6 feet overweight structure.
Old 14th August 2008, 19:01   #265
Senior - BHPian

Looks like stock tweeter locations near the door handles?
Old 14th August 2008, 19:20   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Looks like stock tweeter locations near the door handles?
Yeah, even I noticed the same.
The car does have some very impressive features for a car that is about to be priced (hopefully) under the 12 lakh bracket :-

Parking Sensors (optional)
Rain Sensor
Darkness Sensor
6 Airbags
Side & Roof Airbags if you choose the Special Safety Pack, so that makes a total of 8 Airbags! No other car apart from the 19 lakh Jetta gives you these many Airbags.
Cruise Control
Blue & Me System
Electric lumbar adjustment for the driver's seat
Active safety features include ABS with EBD, ESP, ASR, MSR, Hill Holder System,
A choice of 15,16 or 17 inch alloys.
radio and other information controls on the steering wheel

Well, there might be a few more which I may have missed out. If Fiat were to include all these functions in the "Emotion" version, or whatever name they give it here, and price it around 10-11 Lakhs, I think it would still be an awesome deal. The car does look really big on the outside and inside as well. God, this car is gonna be exciting if made available with all of the above features at a reasonable price.

P.S - If anyone's missed the latest Fiat ad campaign, here it is :-

Last edited by roms : 14th August 2008 at 19:24.
Old 18th August 2008, 22:42   #267
BHPian

Even though I really like the Linea and would love to own one - I feel at Rs.10 to Rs.12 lacs it's an expensive buy, even with all the bells and whistles that they want to offer. I would definitely consider the new Honda City, new Toyota Corolla, new Optra, new Hyundai Elantra before I plonk down so much money on a Company that has to still prove their reliability in the Indian market. A 1400cc engine with 120bhp at that price is something to think about. Yeah! if they were to offer the fully loaded Emotion version at around Rs.9 lacs I would consider taking the gamble. For FIAT India's sake I hope they do not short change the Indian consumer and strip the Indian variant of all the features that makes the Linea such an attractive buy. I have a bad feeling that the fully loaded Linea will be around Rs.11.50 lacs. Hmm! is it truly worth it at that price???
Old 19th August 2008, 10:07   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
Even though I really like the Linea and would love to own one - I feel at Rs.10 to Rs.12 lacs it's an expensive buy, even with all the bells and whistles that they want to offer. I would definitely consider the new Honda City, new Toyota Corolla, new Optra, new Hyundai Elantra before I plonk down so much money on a Company that has to still prove their reliability in the Indian market. A 1400cc engine with 120bhp at that price is something to think about. Yeah! if they were to offer the fully loaded Emotion version at around Rs.9 lacs I would consider taking the gamble. For FIAT India's sake I hope they do not short change the Indian consumer and strip the Indian variant of all the features that makes the Linea such an attractive buy. I have a bad feeling that the fully loaded Linea will be around Rs.11.50 lacs. Hmm! is it truly worth it at that price???
No point discussing this topic since we have no details of the price. Fiat spokeperson have said between 7-9 lacs. I dont think it ll cost 11.5 for top end it ll enter Civic E category. Fiat will surely play a safe game here. But yeah Fiat should be careful not to price it over the to be launched City .
Old 19th August 2008, 10:36   #269
tez
BHPian

Quote:
lets wait and see the pricing before commenting on the same. But not expecting it to be too cheap as well.
Old 19th August 2008, 10:39   #270
BHPian

Quote:
I have a bad feeling that the fully loaded Linea will be around Rs.11.50 lacs.
I'm just praying that they will give the fully loaded diesel with dualogic gearbox at that ex-showroom price, which will translate to some 13L odd in Bangalore OTR. Just I'm dreaming dreaming
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks