Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2008, 15:43   #286
BHPian

Even though i am a huge fan of FIAT and driven a Senna (BIL's Car) for some time and loved the way the 1.6 pulled and roared B E A U T I F U L L Y!!!!

But surely such a great company with successful brand like Ferrari should have taken INDIA seriously. I doubt they will head anywhere with TM distributing their cars.

I personally had a very bad experience with Manipal Motors in Basvangudi. I wanted a TD of the MJD as my friend was looking to buy a FE Car and has shortlisted Swift VDI and The Palio MJD. But to our surprise we were just hanging around the display car for about 15 mins before an executive reached us. And when we asked for the prices for the MJD, he seemed more inclined in promoting the V2 DICOR with Airbags. Then when i told him we are not interested and wanted the MJD only, he still wasn't keen to explain the car to us nor offer a test drive.

If this is the case with all dealers then i am sorry to say that FIAT will become only engine suppliers in INDIA and not a CAR MANUFACTURES. And with INDICA VISTA now on sales with the same B E A U T I F U L engine. I am not sure what will be the FUTURE for FIAT in INDIA even after the launches of the GP, LINEA, 500 & BRAVO.

Its very sad that FIAT even after all this years in INDIA its not able to get its act right.

I FEEL VERY HEARTENED TO SEE THIS.
Old 25th August 2008, 17:19   #287
Senior - BHPian

You feel heartened to see this? Or did you mean disheartened?
Old 25th August 2008, 17:23   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
You feel heartened to see this? Or did you mean disheartened?
DISHEARTENED is what i meant.
Old 25th August 2008, 19:38   #289
Senior - BHPian

that is horrible i wonder how can fiat india overlook this issue

looks like tata is taking advantage of fiats misery,how come fiat officials are neglecting this?
Old 26th August 2008, 15:24   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maruti’s A-Star hatchback will be introduced in October. Ditto for Fiat’s Linea sedan along with GM’s new entry into the sedan segment.
Article in ET. If this is true its quite frustrating cos we waiting for Linea since a year !!
Old 26th August 2008, 16:58   #291
BHPian

If Fiat does not launch Linea by October, I would say bye bye to Linea. I would rather look for Vista or i20 or Avante diesels. But I still hope that Fiat would launch Linea in September. They could have at least launched the Grande Punto. Will keep fingers crossed till September end for either launch or an official launch date announcement.
Old 26th August 2008, 22:57   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Article in ET. If this is true its quite frustrating cos we waiting for Linea since a year !!
I know its OT, but what is this new GM car ? It cant be the Cruze for sure. Are they coming up with a facelifted Aveo ?
Old 27th August 2008, 10:20   #293
BHPian

I called the Fiat India contact number in their web site. I asked for the marketing department number. The receptionist asked me if I'm calling for booking or inquiring about launch. I mentioned "launch". He asked if it is about Linea. I said "yes". He told me that he has been instructed to mention as after 10th September. I emphasized if it could be even after September. He said that it will be in September. Ok. That is good enough information for me and hopefully a reliable one.
Old 27th August 2008, 10:28   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I know its OT, but what is this new GM car ? It cant be the Cruze for sure. Are they coming up with a facelifted Aveo ?

OT : Uva will get a facelift before the Sedan. The article specifies new entry into sedan segment ! Havent heard of this before.

Opendro- Thanks for the info. Hopefully Sept launch does happen!
Old 27th August 2008, 14:14   #295
Senior - BHPian

Fiat India Customer Service Manager (Mangesh Kodalkar) was in Blore last week, one of the PUG member met him & spoke to him, here is what Mr.Mangesh said on the Linea launch:

Quote:
met up Mangesh yesterday for about 2 hours over lunch and the following is the summary of my discussion

Linea launch -

1. 2nd stage trial production is on and there would be a "soft launch" - possibly at Delhi around 3/5th of Sept by Fiat's CEO. The
commercial launch would be in followed one month later in first week of october.

2. the price point is estimated at honda city range.

3. as we all know there would be both the petrol and mjd engine options and both will have about 3 variants each.

4. There is a group of about 25 italians currently in fiat ranjangaon overseeing the entire logistics and trial production and they would be here till the launch of the car.

5. in fact mangesh's visit to bangalore was to validate the facility at concorde motors, mysore road along with his italian counterparts and to ensure that the service bay's etc are as per the fiat standards before the launch of the linea.

Last edited by finneyp : 27th August 2008 at 14:15.
Old 27th August 2008, 15:35   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
there would be a "soft launch" around 3/5th of Sept. The commercial launch would be in followed one month later in first week of october.
Bad decision IMO. Fiat can't afford to do this kind of arrangement. Considering their image in India, they should have all variants on display in showrooms immediately after launch.
Old 27th August 2008, 15:48   #297
BHPian

But the price point looks promising ("Honda City range")! They must be talking of the current City's price range (unless they have some insiders at high positions in Honda). That would peg the Linea at 7-8 lakh.
Old 27th August 2008, 16:25   #298
tez
BHPian

but is this price range for Linea petrol or linea diesel
Old 27th August 2008, 18:03   #299
BHPian

It’s not an ideal way to launch when the situation is so critical but good that they are inspecting their service strength. I hope they differentiate their sales guys from the guys promoting TATA. Soft launch would give the competition additional time to counter and also to deflate the PRODUCT.

The ideal situation would be to Launch the entire range together and create huge buzz about the product across the country. And not give any chance to the competition to counter.

Ideally the pricing if positioned around the current HC would be great. But preferably the MJD should be exactly with the HC if not Lower.

I have my fingers crossed on GP & LINEA product launches. As this is surely FIAT’s last chance to make it big in INDIA.
Old 27th August 2008, 20:12   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Bad decision IMO. Fiat can't afford to do this kind of arrangement. Considering their image in India, they should have all variants on display in showrooms immediately after launch.
They should have hit the market before the G3HC. This delay will mean that G3HC may steal their thunder.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks