Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2008, 19:34   #376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
All dimensions in LXWXH in mm.

Fiat Linea : 4560x1730x1494 Wheelbase : 2600mm
A little off the mark - Fiat Linea » 4560 x 1946 x 1494, Wheelbase - 2603mm

Source - http://www-us.italmotors.com.ua/file...tech_linea.pdf and italiaspeed.com: FIAT LINEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Any idea about the Turning Circle Radius of Fiat Linea?
Turning circle (m) 10
Front / Rear track (mm) » Front 1473 / Rear 1466
Old 15th October 2008, 21:17   #377
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
A little off the mark - Fiat Linea » 4560 x 1946 x 1494, Wheelbase - 2603mm

Turning circle (m) 10
Front / Rear track (mm) » Front 1473 / Rear 1466
Width is 1946 ..... Impossible. 1730 looksw more like it.

Just checked the Italia speed website, which mentions 5.0m as TCR for the petrol version & 5.45m as TCR for the diesel version. Why should it be different for the diesel version when the othre dimensions remain the same. Is it some thing to do with the increased weight in the nose due to diesel power plant??
Old 16th October 2008, 08:28   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Width is 1946 ..... Impossible. 1730 looks more like it.
I think I tend to agree that 1730mm (or thereabouts) is more apt but 1946mm is what the FIAT brochure (as per the link given in my previous post) mentioned and I remembered reading this there. Nevertheless their Website gives the Linea dimensions as 4.56m long, 1.73m wide and 1.5m high, which seems more appropriate.

Why don't they just launch the car and end all doubts and queries.

About time...
Old 16th October 2008, 11:46   #379
BHPian

If they launched the car, then they'd know how much more hard work they'll have to do against Honda and Toyota. : Hence they'll keep the car in the "Go-live" phase without ever achieving Go-live.
Old 16th October 2008, 14:17   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Just checked the Italia speed website, which mentions 5.0m as TCR for the petrol version & 5.45m as TCR for the diesel version. Why should it be different for the diesel version when the othre dimensions remain the same. Is it some thing to do with the increased weight in the nose due to diesel power plant??
If that is really true, it could be because of the front engine, front wheel drive layout! The engine (and other equipment around) dimensions in diesel may not allow more turns to lock, thus having a greater turning radius!

It could also be something as simple as the engine torque (although highly unlikely in this case) for one engine maynot be sufficient to turn the wheels when fully locked at one end. Maybe because of unequal transaxle lengths!

Have heard that the Indigo cannot make a standing start if the steering wheel is locked in any direction. You have to free it towards the centre before starting off!
Old 28th October 2008, 10:52   #381

just thought of sharing this
Fiat is an acronym for Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino
(Italian Automobile Factory of Turin)
Old 3rd November 2008, 08:43   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimhan View Post
just thought of sharing this
Fiat is an acronym for Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino
(Italian Automobile Factory of Turin)
Lots more on FIAT - here and here
Old 3rd November 2008, 17:07   #383
Senior - BHPian

The car is actually longer than both Corolla and Civic and also has bigger wheelbase. Slightly narrower. Should have acres of legroom.
Old 4th November 2008, 11:14   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
The car is actually longer than both Corolla and Civic and also has bigger wheelbase. Slightly narrower. Should have acres of legroom.
Civic has 2700mm wheelbase, Corolla had 2600mm and Linea 2603mm. If the wheelbase is the absolute thing, Indica Vista should have more legroom than Honda City. i20 will have more legroom than the G3HC.
Old 4th November 2008, 13:03   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Civic has 2700mm wheelbase, Corolla had 2600mm and Linea 2603mm. If the wheelbase is the absolute thing, Indica Vista should have more legroom than Honda City. i20 will have more legroom than the G3HC.
While not being absolute, it still is a good indicator of interior space.

Comparing a hatch (i20) and a sedan (G3HC) is unfair - the sedans have seats pushed back (except in some cases like the Dzire) and so offer more leg space - hatches have to accomodate some boot space in the wheelbase also.
Old 4th November 2008, 17:00   #386

The delay in the launch of the Linea is, I am told, because of labour problems in Ranjangaon. Fiat just couldn't build up the requisite inventory prior to launch.

Also, I am told, its quite possible the Linea will come with a 1.6 litre turbo diesel ... since it is likely that the Indian consumer will not want to associate a `large' car with a small engine. The 1.3 may, in fact be a option, not the primary mill the vehicle is sold with.

Just my two penny bit based on some informed conversation.

Cheers
Old 6th November 2008, 02:01   #387
BHPian

I have a question to all of those who are waiting for a Linea. I'm myself a Fiat fan, but I can't understand one thing- When people are not interested in a 5-lakh diesel Multijet Palio that was launched very recently and boasts of carrying an engine that was once the best in the world, what makes you Fiat fans think that they will be interested in a 8 or possibly 9-lakh Linea? When people are not interested in investing in a 5-lakh Fiat, how or why will they invest in a 8-lakh Linea? Do you think people will neglect or ignore the quality or magnificent back up of a Toyota or the looks of a Honda or the reputation of a Skoda and buy a Linea that's going to be serviced in a Tata workshop which has seen a lot of Indicabs and Sumos, considering the name and image of an authorized Tata Service Station?
Old 6th November 2008, 08:42   #388
BHPian

the main reason you do not see people lining up to buy the new Palio Diesel is mainly because of its outdated interiors. Plus the Palio brand name is now tarnished with the image of poor fuel mileage. Plus FIAT or TATA donot spend enough of money to promote the Palio brand anymore.

You could be right about the Linea though. TATA sales people will still try and persuade FIAT buyers to buy the TATA Indica and Indigo. Plus the service will still be poor.

But FIAT/TATA could make the Linea feature rich with specs like
i) Dual or even 6 airbags
ii) Blue & Me - already confirmed on the FIAT website
iii) Pricing - the Linea is a Civic / Corolla sized car but will be priced to compete with City & Sx4
iv) ABS
v) Rain sensing wipers & Auto Lights

Indian customers are fairly forgiving if they feel they are getting a product which offers them good value for money. The demand for the Palio and Uno when the were first launched being a good example.

IMO I feel that most Indian customers still have an affection for FIAT cars.

All FIAT needs to do is market the car prooperly. I'm sure they have tested the car enough the avoid and major shock. There are a lot of forum members who have mentioned seeing Linea being tested countless times.
Old 6th November 2008, 10:35   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When people are not interested in investing in a 5-lakh Fiat, how or why will they invest in a 8-lakh Linea?
the same reason why people buy a Octavia or Laura.
Old 6th November 2008, 10:45   #390
BANNED

It seems that many hasn't understood the fact that the FiAT Linea (indian) website is fake.

And what is the similarity between the tarnished image of FiAT and the highly respected Skodas?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks