Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2008, 18:31   #46
Senior - BHPian

Nice scoop. Did you see the diesel or the petrol version?

I hope they bring in at least the 1.6 JTD 105 bhp version that ACI was testing in Sweden, if not the 1.9 one.
Old 23rd April 2008, 18:31   #47
BHPian

Great scoop there, hope it comes with 1.9L engine
Old 23rd April 2008, 18:40   #48
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Santosh for the Scoop. Well done!
Old 23rd April 2008, 19:48   #49
Senior - BHPian

Good scoop. But please dont compromise on personal safety for the sake of taking a scoop picture.

Hope to see the find pretty soon on Indian roads. Also hope it is able to redefine the C/C+ segment.
Old 24th April 2008, 11:37   #50
BHPian

I'm ready to buy even 90bhp/200Nm (Octavia-like) Linea MJD. Anything more is a bonus. Pete's tuning box will come handy for sure. I just cannot wait. ACI May 2008 edition mentions that new Corolla is coming in August. Hope Avante also comes by then. I will have a lot of choices.
Old 24th April 2008, 16:07   #51
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Great scoop, Svsantosh. Even in these mobile phone pictures, the Linea looks hot on our roads. Fiat better get the specs & pricing right.
Old 24th April 2008, 18:12   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Great scoop, Svsantosh. Even in these mobile phone pictures, the Linea looks hot on our roads. Fiat better get the specs & pricing right.
IMO Fiat's pricing will be right only. There are other problems they need to sort out.
Old 25th April 2008, 21:47   #53
Senior - BHPian

Viva la Linea!!!

Just one word to describe Linea---WoW!!! "C" segment got pretty boring with all those ugly looking cabforward sedans. Linea provides a breath of fresh air. I only hope Fiat gets it right this tiome around. They can't afford to screw up on this. This is one model which can make or break Fiat in India.

For once, they should do Tata and price it as low as they can. Fiat may be European but it's not Skoda and with all their past follies they just have to price it low like a Tata. At least initially. Let volumes pick up and then they can raise prices gradually. It's much better than starting with a high price and then lowering when the car fails to take off, like GM. This finishes a god car--- case in point Optra. Similarily, they should launch both petrol and diesel simultaneously otherwise it may again go Optra way. GM launched only petrol Optra which for some reason didn't sell much. They lowered the prices, spoiling its image in the market to the point where even launch of diesel version didn't help matters much.

In the end, I only hope Tata doesn't mete out stepmotherly treatment towards Linea whereby a visitor finds Linea tucked away in a corner of showroom while Indigo hogs al the limelight. If that happens it wil be reverse of what Coke did to Thums up. Coke bought Thums up and pushed it a notch below.

BTW, Linea's upper trunk line and tail-lamps remind of previous model Hyundai Sonata.
Old 26th April 2008, 15:44   #54
Senior - BHPian

Bang on Pgsagar !! Linea is a do or die situation. If Fiat launches the 1.3 MJD 90 bhp in it it should b priced at 7.5-8 lacs OTR with all features including Blue & me . If they launch 1.9 MJD it should be priced around 9 lacs max.
Old 26th April 2008, 19:20   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Just one word to describe Linea---WoW!!! "C" segment got pretty boring with all those ugly looking cabforward sedans. Linea provides a breath of fresh air. I only hope Fiat gets it right this tiome around. They can't afford to screw up on this. This is one model which can make or break Fiat in India.

For once, they should do Tata and price it as low as they can. Fiat may be European but it's not Skoda and with all their past follies they just have to price it low like a Tata. At least initially. Let volumes pick up and then they can raise prices gradually. It's much better than starting with a high price and then lowering when the car fails to take off, like GM. This finishes a god car--- case in point Optra. Similarily, they should launch both petrol and diesel simultaneously otherwise it may again go Optra way. GM launched only petrol Optra which for some reason didn't sell much. They lowered the prices, spoiling its image in the market to the point where even launch of diesel version didn't help matters much.

In the end, I only hope Tata doesn't mete out stepmotherly treatment towards Linea whereby a visitor finds Linea tucked away in a corner of showroom while Indigo hogs al the limelight. If that happens it wil be reverse of what Coke did to Thums up. Coke bought Thums up and pushed it a notch below.

BTW, Linea's upper trunk line and tail-lamps remind of previous model Hyundai Sonata.

As far as history goes Skoda was solid piece junk before VW got into picture and turned it into success.
Old 26th April 2008, 22:10   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
As far as history goes Skoda was solid piece junk before VW got into picture and turned it into success.
What about Fiat?
What about Fiat India?

What does your post mean here, Ferro?
Old 27th April 2008, 00:13   #57
BHPian

You obviously have very little clue about history
Old 27th April 2008, 11:27   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanthr77 View Post
You mean they are only found in books nowadays?
Old 27th April 2008, 11:51   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanthr77 View Post
What is the qualification to be known as a historian?
Own a FiAT?

Come on! Think why PgSagar had mentioned Skoda here. If that doesn't make sense, then I don't think nothing else will.

Just because Palio 1.3 MJD has started to sell in a few respectable numbers doesn't mean that fortunes have changed for Fiat India. The uneasy feeling of it is still left in the minds of people. With the LineA, the company has a good chance of recovering some faith it lost long ago. Ain't it?
Old 27th April 2008, 19:18   #60
BHPian

i second on that infact Fiat is yet to recover with the grace it had lost long back. Mere selling with 1.3 MJD cannot bring back the shine buit with the Linea on the cards will certainly make the show a success.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks