Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2008, 15:36   #361
BHPian

"The Linea is being sold with two new engines. Made in Argentina, the 1.85 bifuel engine was developed from a 1.6-liter 16-valve unit used on the Palio and Brava and produces 130 horsepower. It comes on the basic and Absolute versions. "

While we can only hope for the 1.4. T-Jet to make it here, I think Fiat can surprise us ( I hope they surprise us ) with the 1.8 L engine. This looks like an engine derived from our current 1.6 L "Torque" engine, which too comes from Argentina. The 1.6 engine by itself is a scorcher in the Palio. Its only perfect that they mate this new 1.8 L engine with the Linea. Maybe the higher versions that are aimed squarely for the Civic/Corolla territory should come with this 130 bhp engine.
Old 24th September 2008, 20:11   #362
BHPian

Customer Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
A little off-topic, I recieved an email on 04-Sept with the words "Customer Focus: Fiat" in the subject line. They are asking for feedback on a Fiat, if I own one. Problem is the email id says xxx@gmail.com and the link posted in the email to give the feedback is of some website by the name of surveymonkey.com! Either it's a prank or a virus?

They actually are aiming for us, people who love fiat build quality:
Fiat India

ciao
Samy
Old 24th September 2008, 20:23   #363
BHPian

surveymonkey is widely used for conducting surveys, and its quiet good too
Old 24th September 2008, 21:46   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Sid - once again - fantastic effort here. thanks.
Now that City is out and the price is declared what are you waiting for FIAT?
Really cant understand Fiat india. Once the City is officially launched its going to spell trouble for fiat.
Old 24th September 2008, 22:30   #365
Senior - BHPian

Im kinda tired of Spy shots of Linea. Hightime its hits the showroom now that new City will be launched tom. If they launch after Diwali i think they should loose a lot of car buyers. Common Fiat!!
Old 24th September 2008, 22:34   #366
Senior - BHPian

Not sure whether the Fiat is targeting to sell any Lineas in this year. They may be watching the things and how the amrket is behaving with the introduction of newer cars. They may launch when the time is ripe for them. They may target to sell the Lineas in next year itself. Who knows what is on their minds?
Old 25th September 2008, 11:12   #367
BHPian

I think this thread has outlived it's utility. People on T-BHP are more seriously discussing about Linea than Fiat themselves. I think it should be closed.
Old 3rd October 2008, 16:27   #368

Linea spotted in PUNE!!!

I was travelling by Nagar road, when i spotted a black & white chequered (camouflaged) sedan next to the Kalyani Nagar Junction (Octroi Post).
I just managed to get a glimpse of it in the heavy traffic and made out that it was the Linea from the tail-lamps. Unfortunately coudnt get any pics clicked.
But not to worry, I'm sure I'll be seeing more of it it the coming days since I remember seeing a lot of the Palio test-mules on the same road before it was released...
First impressions indicate that the sedan in huge...maybe a tad bigger than the SX4... Hope it translates to as much interior room...
I shall be armed with my camera and be on the watchout!!!
Cheers!
Old 3rd October 2008, 18:48   #369
BHPian

I was on my way to Goa yesterday and saw atleast 5 cars (the same as shown in this forum) both before entering Pune and exiting on the Satara road, to tell you frankly the size of the car didnt impress me, I think it is more or less the same size as an SX4 with a much lower stance. I dont think it is close to the Altis, Civic or Ocatvia terretory.
Old 14th October 2008, 15:23   #370
BHPian

Spotted 4 Lineas on Pune - Blore bypass

I spotted 4 Lineas testing exiting the B'lore bypass on Sunday. The Fiat badging was removed and all cars were silver with black dots all over. Looked smaller than D segment - but has European chic written all over it... hope Fiat gets the pricing right on this one!
Old 15th October 2008, 11:46   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
I was on my way to Goa yesterday and saw atleast 5 cars (the same as shown in this forum) both before entering Pune and exiting on the Satara road, to tell you frankly the size of the car didnt impress me, I think it is more or less the same size as an SX4 with a much lower stance. I dont think it is close to the Altis, Civic or Ocatvia terretory.

Guys had a chance of driving with them for close to 50 kms before they turned behind the LG factory on Pune ahmednagar road. Also got side by side with them on the toll barrier. I think it is slightly bigger than the SX4 (Which I was driving), looks very clean, not very exciting (like a civic) but has some charm in it. And the best part is that some of them were diesel, I could make out from the smoke coming out from couple of them. They were five of them, most of them silver and one maroon and they could move had a tough time keeping up with them.

This road seems to be very exciting, may be Tushky should be positioned there with his camera, ended up seeing the Linea, Nano and I think a new Indigo (It was wearing black so couldnt make out) but looked like one. They all seem to visit the Caparo factory which is behind the LG factory. I think the town is called Shirur.

Last edited by ranc : 15th October 2008 at 11:51.
Old 15th October 2008, 12:20   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the size of the car didnt impress me, I think it is more or less the same size as an SX4 with a much lower stance. I dont think it is close to the Altis, Civic or Ocatvia terretory.
All dimensions in LXWXH in mm.

Fiat Linea : 4560x1730x1494 Wheelbase : 2600mm

Maruti SX4: 4490x1735x1570 Wheelbase: 2500mm

G3HC: 4420x1695x1480 Whelbase: 2550mm

Honda Civic:4545x1750x1450 Wheelbase: 2700mm

Corolla Altis:4540x1760x1480 Wheelbase: 2600mm

All dimensions taken from official Indian websites of the respective car-makers except Fiat Linea's which were taken from italiaspeed.
Old 15th October 2008, 12:25   #373
Senior - BHPian

The car looks good but will it make it here with the same interior and specs ? I don't know and am waiting to find out.

Am just hoping that FIAT do not put the Palio dash into the Linea as a cost cutting measure. With FIAT - you never know.
Old 15th October 2008, 12:28   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogidada View Post
I spotted 4 Lineas testing exiting the B'lore bypass on Sunday. The Fiat badging was removed and all cars were silver with black dots all over. Looked smaller than D segment - but has European chic written all over it... hope Fiat gets the pricing right on this one!
I saw 4 of these on Friday on the same road between Katraj and Khambati toll; 2 Silver with Black dots; 1 wine red with black zebra stripes and 1 silver with black zebra stripe. My wife managed to take some snaps from her cell will post pics in a day or two.
Old 15th October 2008, 17:44   #375
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
All dimensions in LXWXH in mm.

Fiat Linea : 4560x1730x1494 Wheelbase : 2600mm
Any idea about the Turning Circle Radius of Fiat Linea?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks