Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2008, 15:51   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Hi All, the Fiat India homepage, Fiat India shows Bravo, 500 in their model line-up, and Linea and Grande Punto among the Future Models.
Something's cooking, and that too fast, at Fiat for sure
They have been there on the website for months (around Auto Expo, I guess).
Old 1st July 2008, 15:56   #137
tez
BHPian

its time FIAT takes care of A.S.S before Linea launch. Linea owners would not be too forgiving for having to wait for spares and bad A.S.S.
Old 3rd July 2008, 18:42   #138
BHPian

Ok, I have it from 'ahem' sources that Linea is launching on Sep 15th, base model will be 7.5 on road.

Last edited by raul : 3rd July 2008 at 18:44.
Old 3rd July 2008, 19:05   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
Ok, I have it from 'ahem' sources that Linea is launching on Sep 15th, base model will be 7.5 on road.
Hey Raul, any further info? How many variants, any more inside info the specs? What about a diesel variant?
Old 3rd July 2008, 19:24   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
Thanks for the Info Raul ! Thats sweet but base model of 1.3MJD or 1.4 Petrol at 7.5 l OTR?? I expect 2 versions in the Petrol & 3 versions for the Diesel. I had read in one of Linea brouchers ( Active, Dynamic & Emotion variants) for 1.3 MJD. Am i right??
Old 3rd July 2008, 19:26   #141
BHPian

7.5 should be petrol. That means that Diesel would be atleast 70k more than this. Agreed that it is a bigger car but can FIAT pull this off with such a price when we have Fiesta D, Verna D which have established as good cars in the segment and have a very good service backup. I was expecting high end diesel to be priced at 8L.
Old 3rd July 2008, 19:41   #142
BHPian

Raul, awaiting eagerly for more information. The 7.5L should be for the 1.4 pertol. It would be interesting to see if they bring in the 1.9MJD and at what price.
Old 3rd July 2008, 20:42   #143
BHPian

That's the base petrol I would presume, don't have too much details at the moment apart from pricing on road for MH for the base model. The original estimate was 6.5-9 lakhs for the entire petrol diesel range but that was before the current economic climate and high prices of basics.
Old 3rd July 2008, 21:18   #144
BHPian

I doubt if they will fit the 1.9MJD as that will feature in the Bravo and they would want to keep that segment intact which competes with the Honda Civic, Skoda Laura (unfortunately Bravo gets sloted with Accord and Superb due to its pricing, but then thats a story that belongs in the Bravo thread)
Old 4th July 2008, 14:38   #145
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
7.5 should be petrol. That means that Diesel would be atleast 70k more than this. Agreed that it is a bigger car but can FIAT pull this off with such a price when we have Fiesta D, Verna D which have established as good cars in the segment and have a very good service backup. I was expecting high end diesel to be priced at 8L.
exactly windsurfer, with 8+ for base diesel, Linea enters the Fiesta and Verna range where after sales service and FIAT reputation will play a vital role.
Old 4th July 2008, 15:01   #146
BHPian

raul, any news of the 1.4 T-jet coming to India?
Old 4th July 2008, 15:09   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
exactly windsurfer, with 8+ for base diesel, Linea enters the Fiesta and Verna range where after sales service and FIAT reputation will play a vital role.
Are we going to see another pointless debate on the pricing?

I don't know if Fiat is going to trim down on the features. If they do give all the features and give decent quality materials, I'm going to buy it even at 12L on road. Which manufacturer gives that many features at that price? We don't yet know the features that Linea will bundle in the lowest variant. So, let's not yet compare with those featureless cars.
Old 4th July 2008, 15:47   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
.... with 8+ for base diesel, Linea enters the Fiesta and Verna range......
Linea has dimensions comparable to corolla and civic. In a way they are pricing it below competition.

But engine options do not justify the size. they may be adequate only for city traffic. they should offer the newly developed 1.6MJD (if not 1.9) and palio's 1.6 petrol (is it a very old engine?) or some other engine as option.

oops... just realized that 1.4 T-jet engine has everything better than palio's 1.6. It even offers excise benefit.

Last edited by Comrade : 4th July 2008 at 16:05.
Old 4th July 2008, 16:05   #149
Senior - BHPian

Well with this pricing i wouldnt be surprised if the verna sales increase. That range touches verna, sx4 and city. Would be fun to see them slug it out.
Frankly i feel its too much they are asking for.
Old 4th July 2008, 16:41   #150
BHPian

Pricing is a very sensitive subject in our country. we have seen how GM and Hyundai has killed some very good cars with a bad pricing. And they are very established brands in India.

In our country people tend to compare the cars with the competition, and there should not be a major difference here. Features are ignored most of the times.

FIAT should launch base version of Diesel (with same features as competition) atleast 50-75k less. They need to improve their market share first as well as A** before pricing on par with their competitors.

just my thoughts.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks