Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2008, 11:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

Scoop - FIAT LINEA - Pics on Pg 1 & 5

23-Apr-2008, 10:05AM, Hosur, on the GQ

I was on my bike from hosur(just inside TamilNadu) towards Electronic City - bangalore.!! It was one of those 'dreaded 'boring "Drive thru Work in Progress" roads until this happened.

2 Car Convoy, No badging about engine specs or fuel type, Just a BIG fiat logo with the Stylish Linea Badge. Driver wasnt happy the 1st time he saw me with the mobile chasing him, but I knew the sweet bottle necks than him. So let him fly a few times, I caught up with him eventually and managed to take the front view.

Ps - IMO the dash was funny like a tortoise shell, but again it was only a "passing" thought, I did not have the right angle to click it or even see it properly. Sorry for the low Res', got a simple cam phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop - FIAT LINEA - Pics on Pg 1 & 5-image_1.jpg  

Scoop - FIAT LINEA - Pics on Pg 1 & 5-image_2.jpg  

Scoop - FIAT LINEA - Pics on Pg 1 & 5-image_3.jpg  

Last edited by DCEite : 23rd April 2008 at 12:22.
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice scoop.
Had seen one in Auto Expo, and it looks good.
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

Great job. The car looks good.

Waiting for Punto!!
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

Do u remember if its a "1.3" or "1.9" that appears after the Linea badge?
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey thanks DCIete for masking them, too bad I did not carry a better digi cam. On the right side fuel caps they had 'E2-18' and 'E2-19' written on them. May be one of the 10-20 odd cars on Test around India I guess. Badly wanted to take snaps of the interiors, but the driver was already trying to run away and kept honking at me. So let go of him.

--

EDIT - Spadival

Tried to spot it, as I said, it was Purely only the Linea badging. Overtook from left, nothing there, let him pass from my left, nothing on the right either, except the codes mentioned above.

Last edited by svsantosh : 23rd April 2008 at 12:41.
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

Nicely done Santosh. The car looks pretty good. I'm hoping this car does FIAT a lot of good in the Indian market.
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

THanks mate for the pics ...... but i highly doubt that current service centers of tata-fiat car take these cars :(

hopfelly fiat will do something about it, otherwise it mabe be another good car but failure model from fiat ...... and another thing is pricing, they have to do it right
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:44   #8
BHPian

Great scoop Santosh!

Could you guage from engine noise whether this was a petrol or diesel?The E2-18 &

E2 - 19 are probably just internal plant codes that Fiat is using for its prototype vehicles.

Its also possible that the dash was just a 'mule' being used while they wait for their Indian suppliers to start supplying final components.

Come to think of it, if the cars were in Bangalore, it is possible these are cars being tested by one of their component suppliers
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:47   #9
BHPian

Awesome scoop Santosh!!

Any idea what the price will be?
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
Great scoop Santosh!

Could you guage from engine noise whether this was a petrol or diesel?The E2-18 & E2 - 19 are probably just internal plant codes that Fiat is using for its prototype vehicles.Its also possible that the dash was just a 'mule' being used while they wait for their Indian suppliers to start supplying final components.Come to think of it, if the cars were in Bangalore, it is possible these are cars being tested by one of their component suppliers
Hi Swale, nope, very noisy bike ride on the GQ today morning, so couldnt make it, Dash - No Mule, Had speedos and a few other dials, not clear through the glass, but the driver console looked as if it had a crabs shell covering it, again may look good if you sit it inside, so lets hope to see it in showrooms soon.
---
Proxima - Looked good enough for the Verna/City ZX class, So guess 7.0 - 8.5 Max. Still, too Early to guess!!

--
Oh and for you power freaks, One point the 1st car got pissed by me, tried to run away, BOY what a ZAP, Definetly 100+ horses kind of pickup, too bad got stuck in the next junction

Last edited by svsantosh : 23rd April 2008 at 12:52.
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

Nice scoop Santosh . Finally some hint that Linea will be launched in few months . I hope they launch the 1.9 Multijet.
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:51   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Hi Swale, nope, very noisy bike ride on the GQ today morning, so couldnt make it, Dash - No Mule, Had speedos and a few other dials, not clear through the glass, but the driver console looked as if it had a crabs shell covering it, again may look good if you sit it inside, so lets hope to see it in showrooms soon.
---
Proxima - Looked good enough for the Verna/City ZX class, So guess 7.0 - 8.5 Max. Still, too Early to guess!!
If it is priced at 8 lacs, guess it will have to come with the 1.9 engine.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...k-pricing.html

However, Busa says it will come at the 7 lac mark.

Last edited by Proxima : 23rd April 2008 at 12:52.
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:57   #13
BHPian

Great Scoop Santosh! I am keeping my fingers crossed for this one. Hope Fiat has a winner here. The driver was able to overtake your bike , hope they have not underpowered it.
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:57   #14
BHPian

I dont think so it will come with 1.9 engine.Then it will cost more than 9lacks.Busa i dont think you will get linea for 7lac.If they bring Linea with 7 lac then lots of features and quality will disappear.
Imagine Linea with 7lac mark then what would be the price of punto?Punto definetly will be a premium hatch back.Atleast they fix the price in betweem 5 and 6 lac IMO.

Last edited by jerish666 : 23rd April 2008 at 12:59.
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:57   #15
Senior - BHPian

Sweet catch santosh. Hosur has quite a few auto component manufacturers, but i doubt that had anything to do with the car being spotted there. Probably just an extended test run on the GQ.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed