Team-BHP - Outlander to undercut CR-V
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Outlander to undercut CR-V (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/38767-outlander-undercut-cr-v.html)

It seems that Mitsubishi is going to take advantage of local assembly and price the Outlander under 20 lacs. It will be assembled in HM's Chennai plant.

:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::

With a four wheel drive option, I think this is ready to take on the CRV. I hope they do not detune the engine a lot and keep the interiors slick. The only thing that comes in the way is the HM's brilliant marketing!:Frustrati

Why not a diesel engine!

It has to be under 20L on-road otherwise it will never sell especially since it's Petrol. Launch date is confirmed for Oct-end latest.

As for why no Diesel, that's a question best answered by the super-boffins at HM/Mitsubishi. They are letting a big opportunity slide by in IMO by not introducing a diesel Outlander at below 20L OTR.

I wonder how they will price the Pajero. It is placed just under 20 lacs (ex-showroom as well)

Mitsubishi Motors plans to start a price war in the fast-growing sports utility vehicle (SUV) market with the launch of Outlander at around Rs 15.5-16 lakh.

Outlander will be one of the cheapest compact SUVs on road.

More here
Mitsubishi plans to price Outlander at Rs 15.5 lakh- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Killer price if that is true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 806059)
Why not a diesel engine!

Just checked on the uk site.

The don't seem to have the automatic option for the diesels.

The 2 litre diesel is the same price as the 2.4 petrol (both elegance trim). So it can't be a price issue.

Maybe their market research shows that an auto box is required.

Mitsubishi-Motors/New Outlander - Range

15.5 - 16L will kill the CRV. And the article says that the model will be launched in Aug. Good news for all SUV lovers.

I loved the last para of that article - HM-Mitsu has the "largest" portfolio of SUV cars - TWO. LMAO!!

Honda is also planning local assembly, question is with their CRV's selling well currently, Will they launch the local assembled pricing before the outlander or do something similar to GM (announce their pricing the same day as the competition)?

They could

1: Maintain premium pricing and not raise prices and pocket the extra profits from local assembly while selling reduced volume

2: Locally assemble diesel and sell at current price

Honda will not slash prices - they will lose existing customers who are burnt on lower resale

Mitsu are not known to have great pricing. They are locally assembling the old old Pajero and still haven't been able to meet a competitive price for that.

Now with the new dies and the newer technology I don't see them meeting that price point. Moreover this version has the latest 2.4MIVEC engine which I doubt will be local.

Also, the ACI article in the first post is very very old and we have been hearing this news for a long time. It looks like it may hit shores end of this year or early next year.

I read an article in the economic times today which said that it will cost 15-15.5 lakhs and be priced lower than GV and Endeavor.

Launch timeframe is August.
They will not import as CBU but assemble in Chennai plant to keep costs low.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fountainheader (Post 807611)
I loved the last para of that article - HM-Mitsu has the "largest" portfolio of SUV cars - TWO. LMAO!!

3 actually. The Montero, The old Pajero and now the outlander.

15-16 lacs is a great price for the Outlander. That will open up the SUV space.

Oye! Mitsu, why no diesel engine ?

We Indian like big brute SUVs with Diesel Engines...

Even the CR-V is undergoing tests with a Diesel motor.