Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2008, 15:30   #1
BHPian

EDIT:(INCORRECT INFO) Safari 2.2 LX available in Pearl White and with Tubeless

For prospective SAFARI 2.2 VTT DICOR owners:
I've spoke to one of the tata dealers today and confirmed that Pearl White and Tubeless tyres are available in LX versions. Pretty happy :-) as that was my first choice and the heat problems associated with black was worrying me. Ah yes, black was my first choice with grey color bumpers. This was something which I was searching for and am sure that many will come across too. Wasnt sure of opening a new post and hence posted it here. Apologize if this is not the right thing to do. Cant wait longer to finish off with all the planning before taking the plunge. Have a opened a post in ICE section too and as soon as all the preparations are done, I will book the vehicle. (Hopefully this should happen in a week). Have driven around 32+ kms of test drive of the bull whenever I could
Old 24th April 2008, 16:53   #2
BHPian

thats quite surprising as i bought the 2.2 a couple of weeks back and they didnt have pearl white in lx. Anyway congrats on your decision to buy the safari 2.2
Old 24th April 2008, 17:07   #3
BHPian

Interesting news!

In fact I checked this a couple of days back with a dealer in Hyderabad ( both Pearl white and about the tubeless tyres ). He was insisting that both are not available in LX. Possibly he is trying to clear off old stock. Anyway I am still a few months away from a purchase decision, so this doesnt affect me immediately. Good news though!

vroom77, can you mention which dealer is involved here, at least I can name them when I talk to the Hyd folks again ( the sales guy keeps calling me every week though I had told him that i am not deciding immeditaly.. )
Old 24th April 2008, 17:14   #4
BHPian

Good u confirmed it Vroom. As i told you last time, this upgradation to Safari LX was done in March itself..

Good going
Old 24th April 2008, 17:15   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
Interesting news!

In fact I checked this a couple of days back with a dealer in Hyderabad ( both Pearl white and about the tubeless tyres ). He was insisting that both are not available in LX. Possibly he is trying to clear off old stock. Anyway I am still a few months away from a purchase decision, so this doesnt affect me immediately. Good news though!

vroom77, can you mention which dealer is involved here, at least I can name them when I talk to the Hyd folks again ( the sales guy keeps calling me every week though I had told him that i am not deciding immeditaly.. )
Hey Bigzero. I am also in Hyderabad and I was told way back in march that tubeless tyres, beige interiors and Pearl white were available since then...whom did u talk to, for this???

Last edited by rajismine : 24th April 2008 at 17:20.
Old 24th April 2008, 17:23   #6
BHPian

Autofin ... what about you?

I didnt check with multiple dealers as I am still not into the pre-purchase mode with full intensity. I had gone ahead and done couple of test drives and then most of the conversations have been on phone when the sales guy follows up.

Beige interiors too in LX? That is one I could have done without ... with three kids..
Old 24th April 2008, 19:17   #7
BHPian

This is verbal info and I have asked them to give this in writing for record purpose before making the booking. Shall confirm the same once I get the profoma invoice from them.
Old 24th April 2008, 21:05   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hope its not Artic White. LX now comes with tubeless as OE. Which dealer said so?
Old 25th April 2008, 08:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hope its not Artic White.
whats the difference between artic white and pearl white?

white is white is white right?
Old 25th April 2008, 08:41   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
whats the difference between artic white and pearl white?

white is white is white right?
Arctic white is just plain white, pearl white is metallic, right ?
Old 25th April 2008, 08:57   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Arctic white is just plain white, pearl white is metallic, right ?

Right.

Artic is almost pure white. Pearl is metallic,with a off-white texture and as the name describes the color of pearl.
Old 25th April 2008, 09:42   #12
Senior - BHPian

Rightly said, Pearl white is slightly palish in colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Right.

Artic is almost pure white. Pearl is metallic,with a off-white texture and as the name describes the color of pearl.
Old 25th April 2008, 10:13   #13
Senior - BHPian

This is certainly a news !!!

Then why dealers do not promote the same ?? Do they fear customers not paying any extra amount for getting beige interiors and tubeless tyres or something else ??
Old 25th April 2008, 10:28   #14
BHPian

Hey Vroom- i am planning on a Lx in the first week of may- the guy @ concorde banglore told me that some additional offers may be available in May, in April there are no offers whatsoever(only Rs 5000 worth accessories). What say we book two vehicles and negotiate a better deal?
Old 25th April 2008, 11:14   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Hey Bigzero. I am also in Hyderabad and I was told way back in march that tubeless tyres, beige interiors and Pearl white were available since then...whom did u talk to, for this???
Yes. I was told the tubeless has become standard in LX too by Wasan in Mumbai and Prerana in Bangalore. The pearl white increases the choices but need to see how it looks with the grey cladding.

However, I am not too keen on the beige interiors and neither of the dealers mentioned this. Nor did I specifically ask about this. I actually prefer the grey interiors for our conditions, from a pure utilitarian perspective. Moreover I generally drive in bangalore with the windows down.

Happened to see a mountain green LX (with tubeless) and it actually looks real good with the side cladding.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks