Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2010, 18:02   #211
BHPian

My friend who stays in Trivandrum got a Swift VXI and he was facing the issue of rattling noises from the doors, while driving with the windows rolled down. When he went to the Service center, the guy gave him an explanation - "Sir, Swift is not designed to be driven with windows rolled down"

Has any one of you come across this kind of an explanation from the A.S.S?
Old 1st March 2010, 19:25   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
My friend who stays in Trivandrum got a Swift VXI and he was facing the issue of rattling noises from the doors, while driving with the windows rolled down. When he went to the Service center, the guy gave him an explanation - "Sir, Swift is not designed to be driven with windows rolled down"

He is just showing his helplessness. Probably this particular problem is with all Maruthi Suzuki cars. My 6 years old Wagon-R also has same problem, the guy in A.S.S washed off his hands saying that your car is old and hence the rattling noise. In fact after 6 years there are so many problems in the car that I have started to become careless about the car, I just rip on bad roads and humps.
Old 1st March 2010, 20:33   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
there's something wrong with the electrical system - perhaps some aftermarket stuff is interfering with the original

Check the main fuses - you can even remove and refit them one by one and then see.Please also check the main out from the fuse box(under the dash )
Thank you Som for the advice..
The aftermarket horns, amp and sub, reverse parking sensors are interfering
Ve given it to a good electrician(not MASS) who has sorted out the problem now.

Thankyou
Old 1st March 2010, 20:43   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Yup. Swift is prone to rattle. Its part of the "design" I guess.
The only sure fire way is to take time and put some dampening material.
Or can try the "yoga mat thingy"

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...yoga+mat+swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnk77 View Post
He is just showing his helplessness. Probably this particular problem is with all Maruthi Suzuki cars. My 6 years old Wagon-R also has same problem, the guy in A.S.S washed off his hands saying that your car is old and hence the rattling noise. In fact after 6 years there are so many problems in the car that I have started to become careless about the car, I just rip on bad roads and humps.
Correct. But after all its you car right ?
Get hold of a good chap at the service center and spend time in test driving and sorting out the rattles. Its the only sure-fire way IMO.
I usually do that end result - my Zen and dad's Swift are both "rattle-free"
Old 1st March 2010, 22:40   #215
BHPian

i have been driving the swift for 4 years now. The car has been rattling for a better part of that time on delhi roads. Used to get all the doors tightened at each visit to A** , but sounds of rattle again crop up in a few hundred kms. But the noises are basically of the doors & the trims only, no sound from dash even after 50k kms.
Another issue is clutch,, got it replaced at 35k kms, all was fine till about 5-6k kms, now the car jerks everytime at pickup. A** people have tried out all sorts of possible settings, but the issue persists. Now at 50k , they recomend to get the clutch OH again if i want a jerk free pickup, thats ridiculous.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks