Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2006, 14:21   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Goldie, rattling in first 5K-10K is more noticed than in later stages. We tend to be paranoid about all those little real/imaginary noises coming from the car in first few months. I do not know if Swift has build quality issues in particular, but it is my general observation. Are you getting any from your VTec?
True - I do tend to be paranoid about any minor problem from a brand new car. Even an imaginary problem about smell from engine inruding in the cabin, which mysteriously disappeared after first service.

Luckily, havent faced any rattling issues from my VTEC, even after a highway drive on some bumpy roads - touchwood.

Back to the topic, I dont think the kind of problems being mentioned over here about the swift are from any misuse or bad road conditions - but perhaps inherent. I maybe wrong - but its best that we take inputs from Swift owners.
Old 10th February 2006, 14:27   #17
Team-BHP Support

Nobody's complaining RX, just making a note of what are the recuring problems in the car. This would also serve as a guide to existing owners or prospective buyers.

And I do not accept that a new car should have rattles from windows, dashboard and trim. That just means there is a lack of stringent quality control and/or compromise on suppliers to meet a low price.
Old 10th February 2006, 14:43   #18
BHPian

My swift zxi has done 5500+ kms with no issues. Rattling noise is present from day one in my left door, but only when run through bad patches. I had highlighted this during service, afterwhich it was ok for a few days and later resurfaced. Other than this i don't have any complaints.
Old 10th February 2006, 14:45   #19
BHPian

I got delivery of my Swift VXI in July'05 have done approx 8000 kms on it and have faced some of the issues mentioned below.

Central locking - Rear door got jammed ( could not open from inside or outside) and had to be opened at the work shop.

Power windows - Were a little temperamental this has now been sorted the RHS mirror would not go up occasionally and required some work to get it back up.

Rattling- Loose rear seat does not lock into position
Old 10th February 2006, 14:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Don't have the magazine in front of me, but from memory:-
- Power windows
- Central locking
- interior rattles

Nothing major, just niggling problems which point to quality control issues.

Will fill in the rest once I get the magazine in front of me again, unless someone else has access to it now.
Faced any problems with

Power windows - Yes
Central Locking - Yes
Rattles - Yes.

But now everything got fixed.

Now there is a rattling noise on the dashboard (somewhere near odometer) & the horn button is very shaky with lots of movement on either side. Even a mild attempt would give up those horn buttons.

- Why is the steering in Ford cars is so tight. I found it little bit difficult to handle the steering in corners single handed with Fiesta. In swift it was wonderful & effortless movement of hands is enough even for short corners (is this due to weight). Same the case with Fusion
Old 10th February 2006, 16:16   #21
BHPian

My Swift Vxi has done 2000 Kms without any rattles. After the first service the power window switch on the front passenger door fell in. Other than that I haven't faced any problems. Hope they don't set in as I accumulate more mileage.
Old 10th February 2006, 16:30   #22
BHPian

Even my Swift VXI (ABS) is having rattling noise on the front doors. When I close the door with full windows down, the noise is heard. Though I got this fixed in my first service. Again the noise has surfaced back. Also addition to that there are scratches found on the front windows. Also front power window key is fallen down.

I had a fight with the RNS B'lore for not giving me the reason for scratches. The manager looks to be dumb, even he doesn't the issue. He said that he will write back to Maruti & get the feedback. Again this week going back to RNS motors to get this fixed.
Old 10th February 2006, 16:32   #23
Team-BHP Support

My 60000kms done indica has just a rattling rear seat. Doors, dashboard etc., are free of rattles. Till the first 30000kms there were hardly any rattles. So a new car rattling is not excusable.
But it depends on piece to piece. My friends brand new indigo petrol had a noticable rattle which was traced to rear windscreen not fitted properly.
Old 10th February 2006, 16:38   #24
BHPian

not much

power windows -no
central locking -no
ratlling -yes from dashboard, potholes really spoil the ride.
seats -not comfortable -zen was better with seats planinn to get them changed soon.

but problems apart its FUN TO DRIVE.............160 is an ease to reach......
u can see awestruck Santro drivers in backmirror..... .......i do every day
Old 10th February 2006, 16:39   #25
Team-BHP Support

1000 odd came - no rattle so far except for a groaning rear seat which was fixed at the first service
Old 10th February 2006, 17:31   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofreak
power windows -no
central locking -no
ratlling -yes from dashboard, potholes really spoil the ride.
seats -not comfortable -zen was better with seats planinn to get them changed soon.

but problems apart its FUN TO DRIVE.............160 is an ease to reach......
u can see awestruck Santro drivers in backmirror..... .......i do every day
Have seen that on Hosur road at 10 in the nite when I was going back home from work, when I pulled away from 2 Santro's from the block at the signal lost them even before I shifted to 3rd gear (did 100 on the 2nd). They came close in traffic again open stretch lost them again

Sorry
Old 10th February 2006, 17:44   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Nobody's complaining RX, just making a note of what are the recuring problems in the car. This would also serve as a guide to existing owners or prospective buyers.

And I do not accept that a new car should have rattles from windows, dashboard and trim. That just means there is a lack of stringent quality control and/or compromise on suppliers to meet a low price.
Hey, My new Swift has headed up to the mountains, and is gonna be used there till 3rd March and thats when I get it back to Delhi and trust me I will get the right idea about the rattles and stuff as you know how the roads are ... !!

Though I'm hoping it doesn't happen to my car ... I want it back without any rattles, etc or else Maruti service station is gonna have me on their heads ( can get very irritated ) !! Lets see how it passes my Quality Control test .. though the lil feed back from dad so far claims its still silent and no problemo's !!!

Cheers
Old 10th February 2006, 18:04   #28

Hi guys,

The rattling is definitely there in the rear seats/boot. Very irritating. The swift needs velvety soft roads for a mooth noiseless ride. Very disappointing
Old 10th February 2006, 18:25   #29
BHPian

The door panels and the boot inner panels are actually the problem areas. The shocks are too noisy and hard, u get a distinct thump even when you hit a small pothole. geesh and they claim these are rally shocks, I can bet my soul, the Swift shocks wont last one kilometer in rally conditions.
Old 10th February 2006, 19:18   #30
BHPian

rattling, central locking are synoymous with Maruti..

even my esteem 2004 lxi had the same issues...
these problems cropped up just as soon as the mileage clocked 5000

Most Viewed