Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2006, 15:21   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I am left speechless, at the kind of issues that actual owners are reporting on the Swift. First and foremost, the Swift is positioned as a PREMIUM hatch and such appaling build quality is totally not done. I dont care about the attractive price....I am sure that actual buyers would not mind paying 10,000 extra and have a premium hatch feel like a premium hatch.

If this is what owners are experiencing in the first year of ownership, whats to say after 3 years of ownership?

Shame on Maruti!

GTO
hi gto how about mailing the probs to managing director of maruti,for that matter any carmaker on behalf of team-bhp
Old 18th February 2006, 15:43   #62
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
hi gto how about mailing the probs to managing director of maruti,for that matter any carmaker on behalf of team-bhp
Done. This thread link has been sent to every MUL email address I had in my outlook.

GTO
Old 20th February 2006, 17:34   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu

Do you mind sharing the name and location of the local garage? And how did you feel safe enough to leave the car in "some" location (other than the authorised service stations?)
Hi this one was in JP Nagar 1st phase. i was scared, thot i wud never see my car again, but as they say- alls well that ends well. If ur interested i'll post some contact details of this guy (dont have em off hand)

Cheers
Ajay
Old 20th February 2006, 17:36   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumed
Sometimes you get these noises if you do not press the clutch properly. Try to press it hard and to the floor while changing gears. If you are already doing that, then the problem may be something different!
Its all the way to the floor- any more harder and it will touch the road . Someone suggested that i show it to some "other" service center rather than my dealer, to get a second opinion.

Maybe time to write directly to maruti

Ajay
Old 20th February 2006, 19:05   #65
Team-BHP Support

Boy boy! Everyday the list of complain on Swift seems to be growing. And the most worrisome is the fact that it is not some standard set of problems that could be resolved. They are of varied kinds and everyone of them seem to throw up a new angle! Basically looks like every car is a one off effort without any QC!

This makes me ponder... and this must be the real million dollar question that Maruti should dread (if they can look beyond their short term sales target)... Are they beating Tata vis-a-vis quality issues in a new launch, particularly in comparision to when Tata made their maiden foray in the passenger car mart? Remember, Tatas had precious little experience in passenger car making at that time.
Old 21st February 2006, 18:50   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks
Its all the way to the floor- any more harder and it will touch the road .

Ajay
... Good one!
I was going thru the latest issue of Overdrive and their long term reports of Swift. The overdrive poeple are also facing most of the issues mentioned in this thread! I thought Maruti will do a better job than this, specially because this car is also sold in European market, but I guess I was wrong!
Old 23rd February 2006, 07:29   #67
BHPian

my whole car rattles..

i just come to this forum after a gap..i came here to check whether anybody is having rattling problem in their swift or not..my whole car rattles like a real rattler ..i sometimes wonder whether i'm in car or not..i started this problem after one month & know the noise is unbearable & planning to visit the maruti service centre..

i donot had any other problem besides this rattling sound..everything rattles. left door , right door..fron door , back door..seats, dashboard..everthing..i have done only 2000km..
Old 23rd February 2006, 18:06   #68
Senior - BHPian

Did my third service around 10500 kms & all the rattling noises arrested. Fitted alloys wheels.

Done around 2500 kms after 3rd service & iam extremely happy with the performance. No noises nothing & no new problems. Tempted to take the car for the shop in next street
Old 23rd February 2006, 18:11   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
Did my third service around 10500 kms & all the rattling noises arrested. Fitted alloys wheels.

Done around 2500 kms after 3rd service & iam extremely happy with the performance. No noises nothing & no new problems. Tempted to take the car for the shop in next street
finally some good news after spate of complaints.... hope it doesnt re appear again.
Old 23rd February 2006, 21:00   #70
BHPian

hey is the rattling problem only with new swifts or the problem there with
only swift or anyt other maruti car also guys please enlighten me
Old 24th February 2006, 16:07   #71
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT:
come to think of it - they called it the swift. Its appeals to a niche. Coming soon
- Suzuki Silent
- Suzuki Solid
- Suzuki Sturdy
- Suzuki <take your desired pick of quality>

[ Disclaimer : this is meant to be a punny post - I've been a Zen driver in the past and am very surprised that a Maruti/Suzuki product has generated such dissatisfaction. I hope this is a one-off and am sure it'll be corrected soon. ]
Old 24th February 2006, 19:27   #72
BHPian

Hey!Ive done like 800 kms on my Zxi. It's def got lots of rattling.. Any suggestions on how to stop it?Pack the doors and the back?I've fixed a system which just has no effect coz the rattling all over annoys the hell out of people when they're sitting in the car. Rattle rattle rattle. I've sent it for its first service and mentioned the noise, the guy said that EVERY swift has the problem. Not an answer I expected to come from an after sales service dude. He said he'll look into it.And temme, when you'll put your windows down and shut the door....LOUD rattle???I told him about that and he said the cushioning is bad. He said that you cant pack it with anymore cushioning coz of how the door is or sumtin....Any solutions....seems like the Maruti service people dont have one!!
Old 27th February 2006, 10:52   #73
Senior - BHPian

All Maruti (read Japanese and Korean) cars rattle.
It's just that for an 800, alto and zen you expect it, while for a Swift you do not expect it

Note: For My first car, I was a proud Maruti owner myself
Old 27th February 2006, 11:04   #74
BHPian

forget 800kms. picked up the car from the showroom and it was rattling like a baby's toy!

hopefully it'll get sorted out after the service!
Old 27th February 2006, 12:27   #75
BHPian

I've been driving an Esteem for over 7 years now.The rattling is always there,no matter what I do.But Swift being a new design,they should have addressed this problem in the beginning itself.I have a Getz too & no rattling whatsoever...

Most Viewed