Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2006, 12:40   #76
BHPian

Am getting a strange feeling and dont get me wrong people..

From the posts, it looks like reading the posts are making us use some extreme words for the rattling.

Are we getting too carried away by the usual sound comin from the car and blowing the rattling thing out of proportions mistaking the usual sounds.

Are we looking at those squeaks or mistaking some sounds as rattling sounds when the vehicle moves over rough surfaces/potholes. I maybe wrong..

Last edited by muni : 27th February 2006 at 12:47.
Old 27th February 2006, 13:28   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni
Am getting a strange feeling and dont get me wrong people..

From the posts, it looks like reading the posts are making us use some extreme words for the rattling.

Are we getting too carried away by the usual sound comin from the car and blowing the rattling thing out of proportions mistaking the usual sounds.

Are we looking at those squeaks or mistaking some sounds as rattling sounds when the vehicle moves over rough surfaces/potholes. I maybe wrong..
My thoughts exactly. I own a Swift myself and apart from minor niggles I haven't observed any major issues. IMO, the car is very solidly put together. No regrets.

Cheers
Old 27th February 2006, 14:53   #78
Team-BHP Support

Hmmm... I am also a bit surprised with these problems. In fact read Ajmat's experience with his Swift which has recently covered 2000kms. He says that it does not squeak or rattle at all! And yet I know so many people can not be wrong. I have even talked to a guy in my moholla who purchased a swift some 6 months back. He also narrated a similar woe and in fact was pretty vitriolic about the whole experience.

Now could it be that Maruti has started improving upon these problems and recent Swifts that are coming out have a better build?
Old 20th March 2006, 20:01   #79
BHPian

are there any updates from the owners.... how is the car performing.. are the probelms fixed after service...
Old 20th March 2006, 22:30   #80
Senior - BHPian

Its not only OD Rtech, even Topgear said that. They said that the 400km Swift did have rattles wheras a 40,000kms Palio was rock soild. Obviously Palio built quality is light years ahead of Maruti. The Getz is priced higher then the Swift and has less features but the built is way better, thats why marutis less pricing. These problems are not knew. Maruti power windows are involuntary. When they wish they work. My Esteem LHS power window worked on will and even after repeatedly taking it to work shop nothing happened. It goes up very slowly and needs a push to get it up. Even ACIs long term MPFI Esteem faced these problems. Infact nothing new that Swift is facing these problems. Drive a 2000 Baleno and a 2006 Brand New Baleno and you will feel the reduced price difference. Infact if any one will go to notice the OHC which was priced higher then the NHC has way better quality then the NHC. Sit in both and you can tell. Though the OHC has black interiors just feel them. Reducing price does vastly affect the quality of cars. Once a manufacturer sells a car at 40k more then now. When they reduce the price they have to compensate for their survival due to competition. The Customers want cheap stuff and hence you have to make a compromise. If any one would have noticed, any new Mercedes costs more then the previous one to try to keep the quality top notch. Though thats still a question in the MERCS.

Quote:
some checkings on the manufacturer and the product quality
I doubt Maruti does that. Audi surely does that. It makes sure that the smell coming from the leather on the door doesnot coincide with the smell on the steering wheel. Even Skoda does all these checks. Every part is checked more then 100 times according to the ads in the paper.(They must be doing this since Audi and Skoda come under one parent company Volswagon)

Quote:
brand new RS squeaking...and another 1.9 tdi
Havenot experienced it with RS but yes all TDi owners do complain of problem with the RHS door. It makes some noise and Skoda isnot able to solve it.

Quote:
10 months old and 9000 kms done
Heck Swift is not even 10 months old in India and you own one 10 month old?

Quote:
The car idles at about 3000 RPM when started in the morning. Takes about 3 mins to settle down at 900 RPM.
Maruti ECU control the RPM that way to heat it up faster.

Quote:
Rear power windows work slower than they used to.
Revv the engine a bit and it will go up faster tried it loads of time with my Esteem.

Some one was selling a 86 800 for 1L only because of Suzuki parts. Thats one thing Maruti should consider. Make better quality products. We want Quality but they want only Quantity.

Quote:
hey is the rattling problem only with new swifts or the problem there with only swift or anyt other maruti car also guys please enlighten me
Esteem, Baleno all have it, check it out but i didnot expect it from a Swift.

Also another thing worth noticing on the Swifts is the wide and uneven panel gaps on the body just like the Indica.

I guess those who want good built should look at a Palio 1.6 which put does the Swift in quite a few parameters.

Can anyone write a letter to maruti and send this link so Maruti atleast realise it and do TOTAL REACALL
Old 21st March 2006, 07:00   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone write a letter to maruti and send this link so Maruti atleast realise it and do TOTAL REACALL
already sent by GTO. Btw, any respone GTO.

Quote:
Quote:
hi gto how about mailing the probs to managing director of maruti,for that matter any carmaker on behalf of team-bhp

Done. This thread link has been sent to every MUL email address I had in my outlook.

GTO
Old 21st March 2006, 08:48   #82
Team-BHP Support

No problems with my car ...so far 2500km done
Old 30th March 2006, 16:23   #83

RE: Swift owners - Is this true?

Guys,

I am gearing up to buy a Swift VXi with ABS. I have seen all of these issues in my friend's Zxi, namely, power window switch falling in, rattling in rear seat and doors jamming up. His is about 5 months old, dunno how much kms its done. So my questions are-
1) Any Swift buyers who bought in the past month or two seen these issues still?
2) All of you who saw these issues, did the next service resolve them for you?

GTO,
Any news from the Maruti guys on your fwds to them?

Thanks,
sushmair.
Old 30th March 2006, 16:55   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushmair
2) All of you who saw these issues, did the next service resolve them for you?
I had enough of rattling issues & got it fixed completely in 3rd service. No problem till date & I keep driving in all sort of roads. Driven almost 3500 kms after the 3rd service.
Old 30th March 2006, 17:44   #85
Senior - BHPian

This thread is shocking, I missed it out completely. Its surprising to see that the Swift gives such a lot of problems. Fortunately, our Swift hasn't given us power-steering, central-locking or rattling problems at all.
Old 30th March 2006, 18:52   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
Fortunately, our Swift hasn't given us power-steering, central-locking or rattling problems at all.
I dont think there is a complaint on power steering. The reponse of the steering is the most I like in this car.
Old 31st March 2006, 11:47   #87
BHPian

Maruti definitely cuts a lot of corners on all their cars and quality keeps reducing after 1 year of successful sales.

Which other company would
1) Not provide a vanity mirror in the passenger-side sunshade in their Sedan Esteem LXi (But it has power-steering and power-windows). Wow, they saved Rs.20. VXi has it and they must have added Rs.500 to its cost.
2) They have reduced the gauge of metal in the roof, forget impact caused by an accident, you could dent your roof just trying to clean your car.
3)Back in the early 90s, introduce a non-AC version of Maruti 1000 (Indias first luxury sedan in those days)and offered A/C for 25K more. Zen always had it even though it was a smaller car .
4) And I thought Swift will be an exception as it is was launched internationally at the same time and it is an award-winning car and here we go again..... Swift woes.

I think most customers will definitely be willing to pay a little more if they get a quality car. I would.
Old 31st March 2006, 12:38   #88
BHPian

its a shame if this is true. in my circle there is only one swift car which has done only 5k so far, but no issuers stated by my friend. infact it still drives like a dream but its just 5k so far
Old 31st March 2006, 14:25   #89
BHPian

There are some niggling problems with the rattling of the doors and this is largely due to the window panes which are not tightly coupled with the holder by means of which its connected to the motor. I do not the exact terms for the above pardon me for that but all of the door rattling could be attributed to this fact. Apart from that there are no issues as such with the car that would deter people from buying it . 50,000 cars sold in 10 months is a good sign of peoples trust in Maruti I'd say..
Old 31st March 2006, 15:12   #90
Team-BHP Support

It seems that majority of the problems are interior rattles and power window switches. Nothing really serious, and nothing that cannot be solved (hopefully). All in all, the Swift would still be the car I would love to buy in that class. If only the 1.6 engine was an option. **sigh**

Most Viewed