Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2006, 11:25   #121
BHPian

ok

Even I am braving thrugh watery graves from 3 - 4 days, Haven't found any problems as of now for my swift. Also my 2nd service is due. 2 days back I was caught in a worse rains at the ring road. My baby was brave enough to fight it out.

Pls let me know the exact problems that caused the cluth failure?
Old 18th May 2006, 11:44   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
big problem today - clutch fails @ 3800 km. Car towed to dealer - more on my specific review thread as things go along - before you say driver error - Vtec 42 k original clutch , previous 800 ditto

Old man was a big help - came all the way in thick traffic to rescue me from the rain
Is it a problem with the quality of OE spares?
Old 18th May 2006, 12:04   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well, shall we say, I got him wet least I could do after him braving the traffic to rescue me and relax on a drive home with awesome sound
yeah i heard from the horse himself :-)

He promptly went home and "wet" himself again!
Old 18th May 2006, 12:19   #124
Senior - BHPian

This is really worrying.

I have just sold off my Indica turbo due to major quality issues and was seriously contemplating a swift- but if these are the kinds of issues with a swift I think I better look elsewhere.

it seems Maruti has really taken the Indian public for granted this time. Pathetic.
Old 18th May 2006, 13:26   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
yeah i heard from the horse himself :-)

He promptly went home and "wet" himself again!

Thank god he has an dedicated nanny!
Old 18th May 2006, 16:31   #126
BANNED

Quote:
big problem today - clutch fails @ 3800 km. Car towed to dealer - more on my specific review thread as things go along - before you say driver error - Vtec 42 k original clutch , previous 800 ditto
Hey, This is a SHOCKER -- even for driver error 3800 kms wud be just too lil !!! My swift's done about 3900 kms but so far nothing except a lil rattling in the front passenger window when the glass is rolled down ...

Pls keep us updated as to why this happened and what did Maruti do to rectify it ...

Cheers
Old 18th May 2006, 19:25   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Hey, This is a SHOCKER -- even for driver error 3800 kms wud be just too lil !!! My swift's done about 3900 kms but so far nothing except a lil rattling in the front passenger window when the glass is rolled down ...

Pls keep us updated as to why this happened and what did Maruti do to rectify it ...

Cheers
Last week, I saw a fairly new Skoda being towed for mechanical failure in camp area in Pune
Old 20th May 2006, 17:37   #128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Will know more about the car in the afternoon
continued here on my long term review
Old 16th June 2006, 18:21   #129
BHPian

Swift VXi/ABS:

Delivery Date: May 12, 2006
ODO Reading: 1710 km

Problems:
~800 km ODO: Left front power window switch falls into door panel. Rectified at 100 km service.

~1200 km ODO: Right rear power window switch falls into door panel. Notified Indus (Dealer) Service. Car picked up and problem rectified free of cost.

Minor rattles from interior panelling noticed, but not really loud or persistent enough to be a problem. There was a major rattle in the front doors, but this was taken care of by Indus at the 1000 km service, and has not recurred.

I think panel rattle is more an issue with the bad roads we have than with actual lack of build quality, because the car is silent as the grave (except for minor tyre hum at low speed) when I travel on the newer rubberised or plain tarmac roads that are being laid in the city, and on the newer highway surfaces.

The engine feels sluggish, but there is a general opinion that it will improve.

Regarding the gear shift, I have not noticed any unusual stickiness, except for an unwillingness to engage reverse when the car is at a standstill. But then this same problem is a regular on the Santro. I simply shift to first, roll a few inches and then change to reverse.

The car is generally a joy to drive, especially over longer distances. There is a lot of leg space for the driver, so my game left knee no longer hurts. What can I say, the Santro feels cramped by comparison, even with the driver's seat as far back as it will go.

Last edited by pillainp : 16th June 2006 at 18:40.
Old 16th June 2006, 19:26   #130

I feel there is lot less power using the 2nd gear. It lacks the power to pull over the basement ramps while other small cars like Santros can do it easily. But overtaking on level roads is lot so easy. Thanks! to the great power steering.
I heard from other Swift owners the problem with power window keys going down.
Old 16th June 2006, 20:01   #131
BHPian

I really have to gun the throttle hard to get the car to climb slopes in 1st from a standstill.

My workaround to that is to rev to beyond 2500 rpm with handbrake on, engage first and disengage handbrake and clutch (slowly) with increasing throttle.

NPP
Old 17th June 2006, 12:12   #132
BHPian

swifter: i think the swift pulls MUCH better than santro any day, over any surface/angle!
Old 17th June 2006, 12:29   #133
BHPian

alloys

though i dont own a swift myself, i found this problem by chance.

the zxi version of swift is with alloys, but when in the stores of a well know dealer , where PDI is done before actual delivery, i noticed that the nuts in the centre of the alloys were all rusted and even the disc was all rusty. when enquired i was told that nothing is done abt it and just caps with suzuki logos are fitted in there.

how long will the alloys last if they are in this precarious situation even before the car is delivered to the owner.

so much for best selling car. even if i m buying a swift in future, i will ensure that i sell the stock alloys and fit the new ones in there.

shubbhi
Old 19th June 2006, 09:56   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I really have to gun the throttle hard to get the car to climb slopes in 1st from a standstill.
Wow are you serious!? I'd say get your car checked out because no other Swift owner so far has made the same complaint here.
Old 19th June 2006, 10:10   #135
BHPian

Hi Guys,
My friend in Bangalore who is a well experienced driver was also complaining abt how he had a tough time doing Masinagudi-ooty with four adults on board,after this trip he has decided to sell it off!
True guys?
Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks