Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2007, 21:39   #136
Senior - BHPian

Yes I did the samething, I sold my Swift after travelling with it for 11,000km I had MUL sevice engineers check my car many times they used to fix one or other issues but either complaint will be back or new issue.

Over all Swift is bad car for sure.

It needs 1st gear to pull steep hill roads, Santro is anyday much better car compared to Swift because I owned both the cars.

I was planning to gift MUL officials Swift's 2nd gear !

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 17th April 2007, 09:58   #137
BHPian

And I have no such problems in my Swift - neither do the people I know. I've no trouble gusting 140-150 km/h for about a couple of hours, with 3 full-sized passengers sitting with their eyes popping.

I think the incline story is just another myth. A car needs to be driven with its limitations in mind , a 1.3L car with 113Nm of torque can only do so much. It runs up inclines as well as it can.
Old 17th April 2007, 10:02   #138
Senior - BHPian

Do any of u guys have a prob or difficulty shifting into reverse?? Its very hard to slot in into R in my car. U really have to muscle it. The other gears are just fine though..

And rattles is something thats always been there in the car, esp from the boot door. Its f***ing irritating when u drive with the windows rolled up. I did take the car to them to get it corrected, but once the MUL guys work on it, it stops for a few days and come back with a bang soon after. I dnt have any rattles from the windows or any other part.
Old 17th April 2007, 10:05   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
I really have to gun the throttle hard to get the car to climb slopes in 1st from a standstill
Yes, u might have to do that cuz the peak power n torque in the Swift is produced at a relatively high rpm, so unless u rev high, u aint gettin the power
Old 17th April 2007, 10:28   #140
BHPian

I have a K&N performance filter installed in my swift cause i had a poor initial and lagging, after fitting it, the car performance have drasticaly increased and now i am very much happy with it.
Old 17th April 2007, 10:28   #141
BHPian

This is weird, I have had a swift for 2 years now, not even a single problem reported, I have taken it and tested it at all limits, 100 kmph in 2nd gear does it with aplomb, close to 145 kmph on highways (but how long can you stay there). I have driven it on rural roads forget potholes we have them aplenty on our roads and no rattle reported till now. I dont know where this OD report is coming from one off every car will have a problem. After I bought it three more of my friends bought it too and never heard anyone complaining about it.
Old 17th April 2007, 10:45   #142
Team-BHP Support

the diesel version is much better off compared to petrol in lugging department. Rattle so far so good, 300 kms and this weekend will have a good test for rattles with the long haul.

only issue faced till now is the cabin light sensor in ignition switch, which hopefully will be addressed in 1st service.
Old 17th April 2007, 10:58   #143
BHPian

Guys.. I hv done 10k kms on my swift, but apart from a tit bit here nd there(very minute thngs like power window got stuck once), I hv faced no issues whatsoever. I simply adore the car

Regarding, its push karthik is right, peak power n torque in the Swift is produced at a relatively high rpm, but if your gear shift is good, you can overcome this problem to some extent.

tabrez, from wat i know, the warranty gets void, if you get the K&N filter installed, I remember one of our fellow BHPian had this problem, but where he got saved was, the dealer himself had suggested it, so his warranty was revived.

Cheers!!
Gagan
Old 17th April 2007, 11:19   #144
Senior - BHPian

I haven't faced any problems in my swift. The only problem was with the rattling number plate at the rear when driven on rough roads. (Why cant they put 4 screws on it). After I fixed it the ride is smooth.
Old 17th April 2007, 12:10   #145
BHPian

Guys my Swift has done 32k, yeh there are niggling issues but man its dont matter much as I am satisfied to the max extent with my Swift and its fun to drive be it city or the highways.. with a K&N stock filter the low end torque is improved as well and its easier to drive bumper to bumper.
Old 17th April 2007, 12:13   #146
BHPian

i was in singapore last weekend and noticed a couple of swifts with a different quality of window rubber fittings.i guess the rubber fitting (beading) on indian swift is a shade lower quality. Its possible that Maruti could have value engineered many components to keep the costs low.
Old 17th April 2007, 12:23   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
i was in singapore last weekend and noticed a couple of swifts with a different quality of window rubber fittings.i guess the rubber fitting (beading) on indian swift is a shade lower quality. Its possible that Maruti could have value engineered many components to keep the costs low.
I guess you are referring to the weather strip on the windows. I recently replaced these in my esteem & found that the quality has gone down real bad. My OE strips which came with the car were miles ahead of the present OE that i got.

People, please dont even compare the swift to a santro. If there was any comparison, santro would still be selling.
cheers
Old 17th April 2007, 14:07   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
the diesel version is much better off compared to petrol in lugging department. Rattle so far so good, 300 kms and this weekend will have a good test for rattles with the long haul.

only issue faced till now is the cabin light sensor in ignition switch, which hopefully will be addressed in 1st service.
Cool !! guess ur off to nandi hills. but i guess the road is pretty good, so i am not aware how much of rattles at all if any could you face. but you can sure test the lugging power with more people in the car and a/c. much as i would love to go there, my weekends are very very tight. its the only time i get with my family, so i dont think i can make it.
Old 17th April 2007, 16:27   #149
BHPian

guys even though i dont own one we do have 2 swift's in the family which i get a chance to drive once in a while , ones pretty new having done 2000 kms but the others done over 15000.

I have'nt noticed any rattling noises apart from a small noise where the mp3 player was fitted . I would attribute it to the shop who fitted the system cause if you keep the player pressed the noise goes away.

The other major problamatic area is the windows rattle horribly if they are rolled down , but since the car is never driven without the a/c I have never experienced that problem either.

All in all I think its a well put together car and nicely balanced too.

Anybody facing any niggling problems just needs to get to the MUL Dealer and sit on his head and get them fixed.
Old 17th April 2007, 18:26   #150
BHPian

hey i also own a blue swift which has 4500 kms on the clock and have had no problem except for that damn rattling sound . but otherwise i love the car and believe me a performance filter makes a lot of improvement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks