Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2008, 13:51   #16
BHPian

Magnesium grey MJD is available in two weeks.The problem is that most people are opting for furnace red full option.Because of this 4-5 weeks waiting period is there.

And i dont think fiat is supplying engines to maruthi.Maruthi is producing it under license from fiat.please Correct me if i am wrong..
Old 7th May 2008, 13:57   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebin View Post
Magnesium grey MJD is available in two weeks.The problem is that most people are opting for furnace red full option.Because of this 4-5 weeks waiting period is there.
You are right. My brother got his Magnesium grey colour MJD. But it is a full option one.
Old 7th May 2008, 14:59   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Compare this to 11months waiting period quoted by pasco gurgaon for swift dzire.
Old 7th May 2008, 15:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

Himanshu,

My comments in bold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
IMO...Fiat has sadly never seen the opportunities it had in the Indian market. the Stile and MJD could have helped them significantly gain market share, but again they choose to have waiting periods for their cars.

I beg to differ here. They realized the opportunity and hence they are still in India. Palio was way ahead of time. It was a successful car and car of the year 2001. But we love to talk about mileage, don't we? Sadly it wasn't as fuel efficient as its then competitors viz. Santro and Zen and hence it was written off by the customers. Stile is the first step taken by Fiat to revive its fortunes in India and MJD is the second step. Soon the staircase would be ready when Linea and GP arrive. They say it once should learn from its mistakes in the past and Fiat has! Waiting period is something which I am sure that even they didn't anticipate.

Maybe they are supplying engines to TATA or maruti or dont have stock, but whatever they do, i think they have to pull up their pants and run..Cos the MJD is a sure fire winner in my opinion..

Agreed. MJD is the new"in thing"

Last checked in Mumbai - Swift VDi - White - waiting period - 45 - 60 days..

I am assuiming that you checked with Navneet Motors, Thane. Its 30 days at Laxmi cars, Mira Road

WAKE UP FIAT - This is your opportunity to rise & shine.

Yawn!!!!

Cheers!!!
Old 7th May 2008, 18:02   #20

i think fiat has already given up by distributing all its resources to competitor.
now they are in market just for few formalities.
as one of my friend is there in fiat they are not been trained about new mjd technocrafts and its importance, about its build Quality.
all the best fiat ...may god bless u with ur sales
Old 7th May 2008, 18:09   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thats some news! Nice to hear there is a waiting period for one of our favorite hatchbacks The demand has obviously exceeded Fiats expectations, unless it is an engine sourcing problem.
Old 7th May 2008, 18:48   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The demand has obviously exceeded Fiats expectations, unless it is an engine sourcing problem.
On a lighter note...

If the demand already exceeded their expectations... what probably would have been their expectations!

Cheers...
Old 7th May 2008, 18:50   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

If the demand already exceeded their expectations... what probably would have been their expectations!
LOL! Cut them some slack man....they were only selling about 200 Palios till recently.
Old 7th May 2008, 19:47   #24
Team-BHP Support

A friend of mine wants to buy a car. Since he wanted to test the MJD, I went with him to Shaman Motors yesterday. They too said he'll have to wait for 3 weeks before the car was delivered to him. According to them, a paltry number of MJDs are built each week.
We went next door and tested the Fusion TDCi. It is a more expensive car, but, it's much better and the waiting period is half that of the Palio.
That my friend didn't book the Fusion is a different story, but, Fiat better pull up their socks if they really intend to do business. Many customers will shy away if they can't deliver quickly.
Old 8th May 2008, 20:28   #25
BHPian

"Sie stinken! Geht Nehmen ein Bad."
That's the one of the worst German sentence I have ever read.
Old 8th May 2008, 20:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subscrive View Post
That's the one of the worst German sentence I have ever read.
Lol! Trying my hand at German! Changed now. Thank you for pointing out!!!!
Old 8th May 2008, 22:41   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
A friend of mine wants to buy a car. Since he wanted to test the MJD, I went with him to Shaman Motors yesterday. They too said he'll have to wait for 3 weeks before the car was delivered to him. According to them, a paltry number of MJDs are built each week.
We went next door and tested the Fusion TDCi. It is a more expensive car, but, it's much better and the waiting period is half that of the Palio.
That my friend didn't book the Fusion is a different story, but, Fiat better pull up their socks if they really intend to do business. Many customers will shy away if they can't deliver quickly.
My waiting is approaching close to a month now and the dealer says it's due to demand for colours which is causing the delay. He also mentioned that Grey is available. My patience is wearing out fast though.
Old 8th May 2008, 22:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuch View Post
I called up Sanya Motors in Defence Colony, New Delhi today to enquire about Palio 1.6 petrol and the MJD versions as I'm planning to buy a new car soon and I'm considering the palio. I was told that the dealer is offering absolutely no discount as there is a waiting period of 20-25 days for the diesel version. For the 1.6 petrol, although he was offering Rs15K in discount as of today but he said that there is again a waiting period of 15-20 days and the discount will be based on the date of delivery so you might not get any discount at all!

This is very different from December when I had called the same guy and he was offering me about 35000 in discount for the 1.6 petrol version and the car was readily available.
Zuch, I suggest you also try Vivek Automobiles on Mathura Road. They still have a reputation of being Fiat dealers rather than Tata-Fiat. Last Saturday they still had 3-4 Multijets in the showroom (all for delivery, no doubt) but maybe they are selling larger numbers than Sanya, who is still known as a Tata dealer. Regarding the 1.6, they are selling 2 units or so in a month so you will have to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuch View Post
Personally I haven't seen any palio mjds on the road in south delhi yet but could this mean that fiat is selling more cars or could it be that the dealer is not keeping any cars in stock?
Wait till I cross you one day . I have only seen one 1.6 on the road so far and no multijet except mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Fiat actually had made a mistake in launching the Palio MJD faster than even before they were ready. The 1st 100 engines were imported Fiat should have taken the oppurtunity to deliver without huge waiting period . Swift DDIS waiting period has come down so Fiat better hurries up.
First 100 imported engines are probably sold already as Vivek Auto in Delhi has already sold more than 20 out of three showrooms and Fiat did deliver my car in a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
to me this looks bad for fiat.

Wont fiat gain a USP over maruti if it can supply palio mjd immediately as compared to waiting for swift for 2-3 months?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
MAG,
I dont think its good for FIAT. Opportunity is knocking at door and they are not listening. Presently people's interest in MJD is because there is huge waiting list for MUL diesels. FIAT need to grab this oppertunity and step up production full time and flood market with MJD. But see what they are doing, -waiting list- .All new buyers will prefer wait for MUL diesel then for FIAT diesel.
General perception in our country is if a car sells in good number, its ought to be a good car. Its an Opportunity for FIAT. Grab it.
Immediately is a difficult word. Especially for a car which is not selling like the Swift or i10. You cannot manufacture X numbers of Y Variant in Z colour just on anticipation basis. Atleast one variable has to be decided at the time of booking confirmation. Atleast the colour. That can only happen with large numbers. And dealers will not book without getting booking amount.

IMO, if it takes 1 week to transport a car from Ranjangaon to Delhi then 2-3 weeks is a reasonable waiting period in such a situation.

I have done the rounds of all car dealers before buying my car (I was never a die-hard Fiat fanatic, you know). i10 and Getz had ready delivery only for the most common colours. WagonR Vxi was 1 month waiting, Vxi with ABS, 3 months. Swift Vdi with ABS 4 months and VXi with ABS 6-8 weeks. With all this, the MJD's one week waiting was manna from heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
i read somewhere that they can only produce 500 cars. Is that true?
500 cars per week, month or year, please clarify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
IMO...Fiat has sadly never seen the opportunities it had in the Indian market. the Stile and MJD could have helped them significantly gain market share, but again they choose to have waiting periods for their cars.

Maybe they are supplying engines to TATA or maruti or dont have stock, but whatever they do, i think they have to pull up their pants and run..Cos the MJD is a sure fire winner in my opinion..

Last checked in Mumbai - Swift VDi - White - waiting period - 45 - 60 days..

WAKE UP FIAT - This is your opportunity to rise & shine.

Cheers!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shebin View Post

And i dont think fiat is supplying engines to maruthi.Maruthi is producing it under license from fiat.please Correct me if i am wrong..
DDis engines are made in the new Manesar plant (30 kms from the Gurgaon plant) of MUL under license from Fiat. I don't think any Tata engines are being made in Ranjangaon except the 1.3 MJD engines for the new Indica supposedly coming in June.
Old 9th May 2008, 01:48   #29
Senior - BHPian

25 days will only be good, if there are repeated orders, have waiting for the car, not due to unavailability due to not keeping stock but due to keeping stock and not meeting the demands
Old 15th May 2008, 20:33   #30
BHPian

In the 1st sentence you are giving respect, while the other sentence uses Geht. Also gehen is now a modal verb and pushes nehmen to the end.

Sie stinken! Gehen ein Bad nehmen.
or
Sie stinken! Gehen baden!
or
Du stinkest! Geh baden (geh ein Bad nehmen)! (This is better, since you generally don't give respect as well as talk to someone like "you stink!")

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks