Team-BHP - Coming soon: CNG PALIO !!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Coming soon: CNG PALIO !!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/39416-coming-soon-cng-palio.html)

::ITALIASPEED::

Fiat India President and CEO, Rajeev Kapoor outlined this week the timescale of new Fiat model introductions to the local market, as well as revealing that the Palio Stile model will become available in Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) format. "We will launch the CNG variant of the Palio by early next year," Kapoor told reporters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushanthr77 (Post 824154)
::ITALIASPEED::

Fiat India President and CEO, Rajeev Kapoor outlined this week the timescale of new Fiat model introductions to the local market, as well as revealing that the Palio Stile model will become available in Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) format. "We will launch the CNG variant of the Palio by early next year," Kapoor told reporters.

They are nuts . they should be concentrating on promoting their MJD and 1.2 and 1.6 , and getting their service part right than to launch a slew of models.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxbhp (Post 824258)
They are nuts . they should be concentrating on promoting their MJD and 1.2 and 1.6 , and getting their service part right than to launch a slew of models.

They are nuts for sure.They behaves in such a way that all these years of learning in indian market has not done any good to them.Instead of concentrating on mjd,for which there is a good market and improving AFTER SALES they are playing stupid games in the market.

conclusion ? one more failed product getting launched early next year by Fiat,
Fiat lacks head oh I mean brains or maybe both, they are nuts for sure they have such a good line of cars waiting but instead of concentrating on that they want CNG on palio ? I would have loved if they were trying to get Multi-Fuel option or hybrid cars in India similar to those in Brazil.

Are they planning on Petrol+CNG or plain CNG? They should be really dumb if they introduce only CNG.

Why don't they lay the Palio to rest ? Will do them a world of good, IMO.

And if they are going to put CNG kit on 1.1 stile, it would be hard for Palio to beat Tongas & Bullock carts!:deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushanthr77 (Post 824154)
"We will launch the CNG variant of the Palio by early next year," Kapoor told reporters.

God! When will they ever learn? By next year? Why bother with this at all?? :deadhorse

I'm not here! I'm not here! I'm not here! :Frustrati

Are they going to launch it in 1.1? May all gods have mercy.
I agree with N_C's view on Palio. It's high time they realise.
And next year??? I'm astonished they're not learning much from their partners either.

Will definitely fail for sure!! Can see it being a flop right from now on. The MJD is the best seller they have at the moment and they should concentrate on decreasing the waiting period and improving the A.S.S rather than come up with such crap. Also what the hell happened to GP, Linea, 500 etc.

Also whats the difference in the emissions of MJD and CNG variant. If i read it right, then the MJD engine is euro IV compliant if i am not wrong. Now what the hell else do they want and why the CNG.. GOD please help FIAT and people like us who expect FIAT will release all the awesome cars in their stable here in India!!!

1.1 already struggles on the highways, what are they trying to make the palios taxis or something ... the base version comes for 3.65 lakhs, very able candidates for intercity taxis for the price and space factor.
i think they should concentrate on the punto / linea and maybe the bravo and 500 and rebrand themselves as premium car makers like honda/ skoda.
instead of dragging with the old last generation palio.

I am reasonably sure that the CNG version will be aimed at the commercial vehicle segment, and IMHO it would be better than the Indicabs that exist today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak (Post 824981)
I agree with N_C's view on Palio. It's high time they realise.

Either lay it to rest or launch the all new Palio with a new name. I agree.

But they can't lay it to rest now. Stop making the Palio and then what? Import 500 and Bravo and sell them here till October when the Linea comes in? Lets be practical here. We forget that Fiat is coming out of near bankcruptcy and trying to slowly recover in markets like India. Their prirority was to resurrect themselves in their home market - Europe. Nothing wrong with that. Now that they have managed to do that, they are concentrating on other markets. The process is going to be slow. Tomorrow if Tata is near bankcruptcy wouldn't it make sense if they pumped money into their Indian operations and tried to launch new cars here rather then in China, South Africa, Brazil or Europe?

Forget the CNG Palio. How come no one noticed this statement from the CEO?

Quote:

The Grande Punto will come with a higher price tag that its B-segment rivals on the local market. "The Grande Punto is bigger than other cars in its segment so there will be a price differential," said Mr Kapoor.
I always knew the GP will sport a higher price tag and logically, it should. Nothing wrong with that. But thats going to disappoint members here because we took ACI's 'Rs.5 lakh price tag for GP' news too seriously and started buidling castles in the air. Lets come back to reality now. I expect the top end diesel Linea to be priced at at least Rs.10 - 10.5 lakh ex-showroom New Delhi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit (Post 825287)
I expect the top end diesel Linea to be priced at at least Rs.10 - 10.5 lakh ex-showroom New Delhi.

That'll mean about 11.25-11.5 on-road Delhi, right? That's Civic territory & IMO they're going to find it tough to sell to our "Honda-centric" consumer base.

10L on-road would be much more like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by teknophobia (Post 825183)
I am reasonably sure that the CNG version will be aimed at the commercial vehicle segment, and IMHO it would be better than the Indicabs that exist today.

For a car to be successful in the commercial segment, it should have very cheap maintenance and easy availability of spares.
I don't think Palio is in that position yet.