Team-BHP - SCOOP : Unidentified sedan testing in Chennai!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   SCOOP : Unidentified sedan testing in Chennai! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/39598-scoop-unidentified-sedan-testing-chennai.html)

This was shot by my colleague somewhere on ECR. I am not able to identify the car. Looks like an Indigo from some angles. Short high boot and high ground clearance. Could also be the Linea. Please identify the car and edit title. Can it be the Ikon? I spend about 30 minutes looking at it, but no clue.

its the upcoming new Tata Indigo, for sure.

It should be a Hyundai. Just a gut feeling.

Or the new Indigo? The rims look like they came off a Indigo/Indica.

mail4ajo, do you know what the regn. no. starts with (the image is not clear here, the original image you have may be clearer)....if it is TN20-TC... it could be a Hyundai, if it TN22-TC, it could be a Ford....of course, these are just rough guesses !!!

According to me it looks like the New Indigo. But there is a small chance that it is a New Ikon since the Plant is located near Chennai. But the boot is quite high. I Strongly feel its the New Indigo.

TN 20 - HM / Mitsubishi (Tiruvallur)
TN 21 - Hyundai (Sriperumbudur) or Ford (Maraimalai Nagar). Both the factories fall under the Kanchipuram RTO jurisdiction.

mail4ajo, can you check the original image and let us know the first few characters of the temporary registration plates?

Its the Indigo, the rims look like the ones found in Tata cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak (Post 828175)
Or the new Indigo? The rims look like they came off a Indigo/Indica.

Yes, that clue made me think its the new Indigo, But kind of strange to be in chennai

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Thunder (Post 828190)
mail4ajo, do you know what the regn. no. starts with

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrag (Post 828249)
TN 20 - HM / Mitsubishi (Tiruvallur)
TN 21 - Hyundai (Sriperumbudur) or Ford (Maraimalai Nagar). Both the factories fall under the Kanchipuram RTO jurisdiction.

mail4ajo, can you check the original image and let us know the first few characters of the temporary registration plates?

Its neither of the mentioned ones. Surprisingly the registration is TN37. Thats Kovai, if I am right.

yes, the RIMS are the only give away. Sure looks like a TATA's.

---------EDIT----------

TN37 RTO,Coimbatore(south)

Source - All India Federation of Motor Vehicle Department Website

Interesting, Kovai guys, anyone hooked upto any RTO Friends there? Kovai is very very interesting news, since there are no car manufacturers there. Looks like this maker is DAMN serious about the secrecy..!!!

The bodylines & the wheels point towards a TATA vehicle, doesn't appear to be Ford or Hyundai. But good question - why a TN registration then?

Heard some news about Ford Fiesta 1.6 and Ikon with 1.4 Diesel.
Might be either New Fiesta(not heard about exterior changes though) or Ikon.

I think this car is from the Tata's stable and its not an indigo but a fresh model from Tata

Is Fiat planning to introduce Sedici in india ? that looks more like a Sx4 to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mail4ajo (Post 828259)
...Surprisingly the registration is TN37. Thats Kovai, if I am right.

if it is TN37 (Coimbatore), then we can be 99% sure it is a TATA vehicle....they are known to road-test in that area (maybe because of their tie-up with Jayem Auto of Coimbatore)

Please check the below link :

http://www.********.com/blog/index.p...9_launch_india

xyz.com/blog/index.php/2008/03/09/new_tata_indigo_sedan_2009_launch_india

(I am not able to post the link :mad: )

Though Tata has plans of launching the new Indigo sedan based on the Indica V3 only by the end of 2009, the prototype has been spotted on the Pune-Ahmednagar highway, heavily disguised so as to not give away any styling cues this early in the product development phase. However the new Indigo appears to look just like the new Indica V3 from the front and till the C pillar, after which it has high-ish boot instead of the hatch.