Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2008, 12:00   #1
ECM
BHPian

MUL's Dzire,what is exactly wrong? Why So much Delay in delivery?

I know there are several threads of Dzire but I want to know the exact cause of MUL not giving the delivery of this car hence started this thread-better post all troubles you are facing with possible reasons of delay,I have booked it since last 40 days and there is no hint when I shall get the delivery of it.
Being a wide and vast platform we have here with many members like me are in Q for Dzire,let's do some concrete research and find the reason for the delay of this car,any inputs with email/tel nos.of MUL officials are welcome,let's do some real efforts and force MUL to reply to those who are just waiting for the delivery of this car,Thank you.
Old 13th May 2008, 12:09   #2
BHPian

Is it the Diesel one? In all probabilities they can't meet the engine demands!
Old 13th May 2008, 12:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

I waited over 5 months for my VDi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I've heard from an industry insider that the Maruti plant has now become old and obsolete.
"Its been valued down to zero",he added.
Their production capacity is very very low and they have NO intention of increasing it to keep operating costs low.
There's your reason for 3 months waiting on the Swift D and DZire! And now you know how they are "VFM"!
Old 13th May 2008, 13:42   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM View Post
I have booked it since last 40 days and there is no hint when I shall get the delivery of it.
40 days.. bad. If MUL is going by quotas for states/cities/dealers, then maybe its available in other cities in Gujarat?

I was told of 3-4 months of waiting for Swit VDI-ABS and in excess of 6 months for both petrol and diesel versions of Dzire in Bangalore..

Typical of our country, there is always a short-cut to procure goods and services bypassing the queue and the waiting public. I am rather sure desperate buyers are using connections, power, money etc. Isn't the way most of the things work in India?
Old 13th May 2008, 13:43   #5
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan View Post
Have booked ZDI version with abs,air bags,last I am told that I may get the petrol version and If I can't wait for long time(which I can't)they will give me petrol version,few mins back got a call from dealer and now they say they may give me VDI silver color after 1 week.I sent mails to few maruti officials but no reply from them.I am fully fed up.
Old 13th May 2008, 13:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

So i think the MUL/dealer decides upon what model they will provide the customer,and not the customer decide what they want from the dealer hehehehehe thats funny man.
Old 13th May 2008, 13:54   #7
F50
Senior - BHPian

...the same reason I canceled my booking for Dzire Vdi. They said minimum waiting period would be 4 months and could even increase as the month passes by. Dzire is not that extra ordinary car that I will be rewarded waiting for close to 6 months.

OT: I visited one of the Maruti's yard in outskirts of Mumbai. There were 400 cars but only 7 White Swifts (5P & 2D) and only 2 Dzires.
Old 13th May 2008, 13:58   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan View Post
The diesel is in part responsible. However, it doesnt explain the full story. For e.g., for the Swift, the waiting for the LDI was less than the VDI. And if you want ABS, some dealers would go so far as to say book and home you get one in six months. I think Maruti hasnt been able to handle the production of the more modern Swift/Dzire and SX4 efficiently.

Also, they do seem to have separate waiting periods in each state. Unfortunately, the archaic state registration laws make it quite a headache to get an out of state vehicle and register it locally in some states.

Last edited by jaibir : 13th May 2008 at 14:00.
Old 13th May 2008, 14:06   #9

Dzire - Vxi delivery delays

hi.. booked a dzire Vxi from Sai Service - Parel Mumbai on 29th March and was told that they would be able to deliver in 2 to 4 weeks.
Was verbally assured that it would happen much earlier than the 4 weeks and was also encouraged to not go for Zxi for the same reasons as the delivery may be longer.

Its now about 7 weeks and I still do not have any indication as to when they would deliver the car. Although they have kept me informed that they do not have deliveries and that Maruti has not supplied them the cars... its still little comfort and I have not heard anything from the Maruti Marketing team .. for whom I have left umpteen messages and also written to them.

It does appear that the dealers are genuinely not getting the desired vehicles.. and since Maruti does not have a transparent booking list or a mechanism for the end user to track the deliveries, it cannot be ruled out that the maruti regional teams and the dealers could give the odd preferential deliveries.. but again.. there is no way of knowing this.

I really do think more than the dealers, its maruti which needs to get its act together. If maruti wants, they can completely control any situation of this kind by cracking on any known cases of preferential deliveries.

Regardless... there is still no answer as to why there are delays in the deliveries.. and as it appears, its not the case for only diesel.. but petrol as well... as is in my case.

Whats no very exciting is that no one in the system is bothered to talk to you and infact are okay to even tell you to cancel the bookings.
It really does appear that there is no competetion to the dzire.. cause.. really while i am tempted to cancel.. am not sure of which car is a replacement for the price of the dzire...

Wake up competition... if you cant take advantage of this situation and have a comparable product.. dont think we ever will have one in the future...
Old 13th May 2008, 14:22   #10
Senior - BHPian

Its better if MSIL could have settled the Production and then launched the Dzire. Swift s waiting period has reduced. Dzire Zdi waiting period is 6 months ( I inquired with local dealer). Its quite ridiculous to wait for so long. Im somehow not to happy with MSIL's allocation of cars per dealer. In Feb MSIL was allocating only 5 Swifts per month to 3 dealers in Coimbatore. Thats horrible compared to the demand. Dzire waiting period woes will continue .
Old 13th May 2008, 14:27   #11
Senior - BHPian

the delivery period is all up with the dealers.. i had gone to book the dzirre LDI with my friend .. about 10 days ago

and this is what the time period i got..

Sai Service-- ANdheri-- 4 months ( 2 weeks if i buy a black LDI with 60K accessories)
Ratan Motors- CHembur-- 2 months
Shah and Sanghvi-- 1 month
Vitesse Worli- 6-8 months
Old 13th May 2008, 14:49   #12
BHPian

I booked ZDI on 29th march. still no concrete delivery date. gets pushed every time I talk to the dealer. Frustrating.
Old 13th May 2008, 16:02   #13
BHPian

there is a 6 to 8 month waiting period in Hyderabad
Old 13th May 2008, 16:31   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM View Post
I know there are several threads of Dzire but I want to know the exact cause of MUL not giving the delivery of this car hence started this thread-better post all troubles you are facing with possible reasons of delay,I have booked it since last 40 days and there is no hint when I shall get the delivery of it.
One of the reasons why people aren't getting their car after a definite waiting period is that the car is being delivered to someone else out of turn. This happens in Bangalore and I'm sure it happens in other cities too where the demand is way more than the supply. Two ways of making this happen - pay the dealer more or pull the required strings.

The dealers really don't care as long as the demand is greater than supply and most people wait for their car rather than go for another brand.
Old 13th May 2008, 16:44   #15
BHPian

I had booked ZDi on 6th April 08 at Spectra Motors Goregaon.

This is how the DAY was told.....
On Test Drive Day - 4 to 6 weeks ....looks cool
On the day of booking - 6 to 8 weeks .....still I am ok
15 days after booking - 8 to 10 weeks......I am not ok
after month - 10 to 12 weeks....may be July.....noway

So had a good discussion with sales person. He was not able to give any date. Finally said (may be to keep me happy) that MUL would clear all bookings made before 10th April (may mine was 6th thats why) till June end....

During discussion he also mentioned that the cancellation is open for me....

Now the frastrating part is where would I find a fully security feature packed Diesel sedan below 8 laks.....

I am totally frastarted....I sometimes fill Fiat is good...

Following is the reply I got from MSIL

__________________________________________________ __________

Thank you for your interest shown in Maruti Suzuki product.
We regret the inconvenience caused to you.
We wish to inform you that the response to the SWIFT DZIRE has been quite overwhelming. Unfortunately, some deliveries are talking longer than you may have expected.
We thank you for making the SWIFT DZIRE such a resounding success. Let us assure you that we are doing all that is needed to shorten the waiting period. Though production has been increased significantly, the demand for both our Diesel and Petrol versions still exceeds our supply. We’re working on it to match it.
We again sincerely apologize for the same and appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.
Kindly confirm us the Name, location or the Dealer code of the Maruti Authorised Dealer through whom you booked the car.
This will help us to resolve the issue at the earliest.

Please feel free to revert in case of any query or clarification.
Regards,
ANY TIME MARUTI
(Call- 9910202020 or Toll Free-1800 1800 180)
International Toll Free Numbers:
1866 527 5698 (From USA and Canada)
0800 0852247 (From UK)
Please Visit us at <Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. | Maruti udyog ltd | best selling car | Maruti true value | Maruti udyog
========================
-----Original Message-----
Sent: May 12, 2008 3:47:28 PM IST
To: <contact@maruti.co.in

Model Maruti Swift Dzire
Enquiry About Problem during purchase
Enquiry
Hi, I booked swift Dzire ZDi on 6th April 2008. The delivery time
assured was tentative 6 weeks. Now the dealer claims that to be 10 to 12
weeks. He says that this is due to manufacturing constraints at the
plant and is not able to provide the clear picture. I would appreciate
if you would let me know the realistic delivery or dispatch from plan
date. Thanks Milind Kamat

Thanks & Regards,

Now I feel I should go ahead and cancel the booking and forget saving anything and buy Verna VGT SX ABS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks