Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2008, 11:48   #31
BHPian

I had checked with Pratham regarding Swift VDi + ABS last week. I was told that they have stopped accepting the bookings since MSIL has stopped production of cars with ABS as there were no ABS kits in the factory. The team lead / sales personnel had no answer when I asked what happens to the ZXi version ?

Bimal Motors and RNS Motors coolly told me that they will need atleast 06-08 months before a Swift VDi is available. While Kalyani Motors simply said that they are not accepting any booking and that I can contact them after 06 months and when enquired regarding the Dzire ZDi, they told me that it has a year waiting time.

Only hope that Hyundai launches Getz CRDi with ABS and TATA launches CS with ABS and airbag option.

-Harshavardhan
Old 14th May 2008, 14:08   #32
BHPian

The only reason for delay in delivery is high demand for Dzire. It is not possible for car manufacturers to ramp up capacity in a jiffy. By no means is it an artificial demand scenario. I am sure if people are a little patient, then the scenario will ease out in a few months.
Old 14th May 2008, 16:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

I dint have even one dzire dispatched for the last month.Now things are looking good.In a couple of months time i feel the waiting period would come down to acceptable levels.
ram
Old 14th May 2008, 17:28   #34
BHPian

When contacted the team lead at Spectra motors, Mumbai, he said that MSIL does not have ABS and Airbag kits in stock. They order those from Japan , hence the delay. i said dont give me that crap.

Now C'mon MSIL, this is a ridiculous answer. Can't they hv a better planning engine which would give them the inventory levels required to meet the demand.

This is a Bull**** answer demonstrating the weak SCM.
Old 15th May 2008, 14:42   #35
ECM
BHPian

An Update- I am just told that I am going to get my new car tomorrow,if I get it will surely let others know what they should do..I am now keeping my fingures crossed and waiting.
Old 15th May 2008, 14:56   #36
BHPian

WOW!!!

Thats great news. I hope you get your car by tomorrow. Waiting for a new car is really tough.
Old 15th May 2008, 15:41   #37
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
WOW!!!

Thats great news. I hope you get your car by tomorrow. Waiting for a new car is really tough.
Thx Sumit,yes waiting stretched a little longer and beyond my imagination .
Old 15th May 2008, 15:53   #38
BHPian

I cannot imagine people who are booking their car now.
In Chandigarh, the waiting period for VDi is 7-8 months.
Old 15th May 2008, 16:21   #39
BHPian

Does Dezire have a "Exhaust System" issues? I just heard that its due to that there is a delay of 9 months for all the bookings. Can anyone confirm this ?
Old 15th May 2008, 16:32   #40
BHPian

just thinking out loud. What if these delays are on purpose from Maruti. What if this is some part of their broad level marketing plan. Just thinking out loud. I am a cynical.

May be i am way to wrong..or may be i am spot on.

Comments?
Old 15th May 2008, 16:48   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Does Dezire have a "Exhaust System" issues? I just heard that its due to that there is a delay of 9 months for all the bookings. Can anyone confirm this ?
9 Months ....u got to be kidding......

Ram Hyundai can you please enlighten us?
Old 15th May 2008, 17:01   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Yes, that true. Waiting period is around 8 months right now.

What "Exhaust System" issues?
I have driven around 1000Kms so far. How do you notice it?
Old 15th May 2008, 17:20   #43
TOR
BHPian

Dzire remains just that!!

Well let me add what i learned from my dealer, INDUS MOTORS, trivandrum. I had booked on the 18th of April and finding me to be aware of the delivery problems with the dzire, they did not give a 'fancy' date of delivery. Sometime after the 15th of May was the answer i got.
Called them today and the answer i got was that Maruthi has stopped production of the Swift and the Dzire temporarily for 'EXPANSION WORK on THE PLANT', hence the delivery date could be delayed...but the end of May did come up as a possible date.
At the time of booking i was told that if the full amount was paid upfront then there would be a 'preferance' and hence i did go about doing that.
Dont know if they are willing to pay atleast the interest on the amount if it is going to take delivery of the car.Anyone has any idea about that?

Also there seem to be an issue with colours, silver being easier to get(had booked silky silver),keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 15th May 2008, 17:21   #44
BHPian

Even when i inquired for zxi version of swift and Dzire in chennai, the sales rep clearly told a waiting period of 4-6 months .The reason he justified was Maruti provides 1-2 zxi variant per month to any dealer. Not sure whether it is true..
Definitely investing 5-7 lakh for a zxi variant and waiting for 4-6 month is complete waste and irritating esp for new car buyers (If they dont have used one to use till such time)
Old 15th May 2008, 19:34   #45
BHPian

oh man, did India have waiting periods this long even during the license Raj? What surprises me is how ill planned maruthi is. If it does not have the resources, it should not have launched the car.

For me waiting for a car for 6 months to be delivered, I would loose interest in it. Seriously it is like you should block ur car if your not planning to use it. I would rather buy a car which gives me the pleasure when I want to drive it.

Hope they resolve this issue quickly. If they want to move ahead they have to take a call on increasing or streamlining production.

-RBI

Most Viewed