Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2008, 08:57   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineOptimist View Post
Such a frenzy demand for products exists for new ipods, new playstations and new gaming softwares..big queues in front of shops on the day such products are launched.. But waiting period of 6 months or more? Thats a uniquely Indian concept?
Yes, there is a craze and these products are not available BUT only the first one or two weeks of Launch. After that it's off the shelf.

Waiting Period is Unique with only MUL
Old 17th May 2008, 11:19   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
the first thing that arises is that WHY SO MANY PEOPLE ARE crazy about that ugly vehicle?
more for less?
there are so many options are available in the market.
what is so special that people dzire to buy only this car and nothing else?
This is the only option which has all the rop of the line features with a good diesel mill and sub 8 laks....now If i have to look for other option, then i would end up shortlisting a car which would be equally good but would have some or the other thing missing.

Verna is a beast, but no airbags, Fiesta - good alrounder but A** is a something to think about, Optra magnum - LT is 12 laks with all safety features....

Now tell me where the hell would I find a Car with all the desired features? That's what making people wait for so long. I would say those who are strictly in budget are waiting.

Looks like soon I would be on another hunt or the only option would be Fusion+ diesel, where I started first.
Old 17th May 2008, 13:24   #63
BHPian

Last week my friend went to book the dezire vxi in bombay and was told by the dealer that the wait time would be more than 12 months. He's now going ahead and buying a non-Maruti car.
Maruti's management doesnt seem to have any clue of demand and supply. They are going to suffer pretty hard once all the Nissans, Toyotas and Hondas of the world get their small cars in India at the right price points.
I am sure waiting for that to happen.
Where else in the world would there be a waiting period for 12 months for such an ugly vehicle? Man, we Indians sure are an unique lot :-)
Old 17th May 2008, 15:26   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
the first thing that arises is that WHY SO MANY PEOPLE ARE crazy about that ugly vehicle?
more for less?
there are so many options are available in the market.
what is so special that people dzire to buy only this car and nothing else?

If you want a sedan for sub 6 lakhs, Dzire is pretty much the only option. Accent and Ikon are very very old, and Indigo doesnt match up to Dzire in features nor ***.

Besides beauty lies in the eyes of beholder, it may look ugly to you, but fact is people are lining up to buy the vehicle !
Old 17th May 2008, 22:05   #65
Senior - BHPian

What I can see is by offerring products with lot of features for less money MUL created big name since 2005, but now people started realizing supply for the demand is not planned.

Thats why its clear MUL is such a company who make very bad plans. It cant handle big numbers thats the main issue.

This company's product positioning has killed many other cars. Very unfortunate. Forget about ugly factor its personal feeling of every person about looks. Waiting for months after months won't make any sense. There should be rule like company should deliver the product within 2 weeks of booking in that way all bad tactics will wash away and honest/prompt business will win big in India because its other way around at present.

Its time car companies should come up with premium and economy versions of every car so people will have more choices to decide based on their need and budget.

Example: If NHC had come up with economy interiors + ABS/AIR BAG with same engine saying economy/safety it could have found better selling numbers. If SX4 had come up with better quality interiors, better design inside, ABS/AIR BAG and increased the price of that particular variant saying luxury/safety one it could have sold in better numbers.

I feel its time to come up with different variants of same car rather than keep launching new cars.

Once Toyota, Honda, Ford and others come up with more models many car companies will learn a lesson.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 17th May 2008, 22:30   #66
BHPian

guys i seriously feel that MARUTI was actually waiting for a price increase and had held stock of swift dzire,swift.

if they wanted to sell the cars,they could have easily taken steps in the first week(when the bookings were highest),and plan their production accordingly.
now i think that deliveries will be made faster than the last month
also SOME PEOPLE MIGHT cancel their bookings and shift to other brands
Old 18th May 2008, 10:02   #67
Senior - BHPian

Well this seems to have turned into a Maruti bashing forum. Maruti's fault has been that it has been able to identify a nice that is not served by any manufacturer and offer a good product that is aggressively priced.

Well on the whole there are more people who are happy with MSIL and are lining up to buy their cars. The quality needs to be improved but it is not as bad as it is made out to be. Moreover a manufacturer plans capacity keeping in mind the average sales per moth over an extended period rather than the initial rush which peters out a few months later. Even the Honda Civic had long waiting period initially and the same settled down with the initial rush subsiding and the production being ramped up.
Old 18th May 2008, 10:31   #68
BHPian

no reasons to bash maruti..

For one reason we should be happy with the response for Dzire.. It is the first (& the only so far) entry level sedan that comes with ABS, Airbags, EBD etc. This has proved that Indians do value safety if it comes a reasonable price.

Dzire will herald a trend wherein Tata, Hyundai, Ford and others are kinda forced to offer sedans in 6-8L bracket with safety features.
Old 18th May 2008, 10:48   #69
Senior - BHPian

I do not think that this has turned into a Maruti bashing forum. A waiting period of more than a year is simply not acceptable by any standards. Swift Dzires aren't rockets to justify such a high waiting time. I would prefer a Logan over a Dzire diesel only because of the high waitlist of the Dzire.

Regarding quality, yes rattles indeed are irritating on new cars. No wrong has been said in that respect either.
Old 18th May 2008, 12:47   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
I do not think that this has turned into a Maruti bashing forum. A waiting period of more than a year is simply not acceptable by any standards. Swift Dzires aren't rockets to justify such a high waiting time. I would prefer a Logan over a Dzire diesel only because of the high waitlist of the Dzire.
THe company is not dumb - maybe some of the waiting period is artificial, but ramping up production to meet the immediate(very high) demand for dZires would jeopardize other models in its portfolio as well - and this sudden surge of demand, once met, will fall to more realistic levels, wherein they may have excess inventory. Or maybe there are genuine production constraints - we may never know.

Agreed that Swifts aren't rockets - but why do people still wait in queue to get one? Must be that all these people are nitwits. Why does the Getz not sell as much?(though it is a quite competent car)? As to Honda, Toyota, Nissan etc coming with a car that will beat a Maruti in price and features, all I can say is , dream on.
Old 18th May 2008, 13:26   #71
ECM
BHPian

I am still waiting having engine and chasis no.details with me given by dealer,may be tomorrow I shall have it.
Old 18th May 2008, 13:52   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrosanct View Post
Nice thought man :-) but the problem is that fabia also has waiting period of 3 months, supposedly because of high demand.

Thanks for making my day,man!
Old 18th May 2008, 19:56   #73
ECM
BHPian

I am going to have it by tomorrow morning.Now those who have booked this car in March-April can send me email and I shall be glad to help them by providing some useful information,do include your TBHP Id in your mail and date of booking.Good luck.
Old 18th May 2008, 20:25   #74
Senior - BHPian

^^ And you wont give that useful information to us? :(
Old 18th May 2008, 20:28   #75
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
^^ And you wont give that useful information to us? :(
If you have booked it drop a mail to me,this I have discussed with GTO on how to provide information and he suggested to use mail,hope you got me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks