Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2008, 20:33   #76
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM View Post
If you have booked it drop a mail to me,this I have discussed with GTO on how to provide information and he suggested to use mail,hope you got me.
This is interesting. What kind of information is this?
Old 18th May 2008, 21:10   #77
BHPian

Reason!!!

For all here... to break the darkness over this obnoxious waiting period for DZire delivery, the production of the Swift DZire has stopped for reasons unknown and before anyone asks- my sources are confidential but 100 per cent accurate.

More details expected to be out soon.
Old 18th May 2008, 21:26   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
For all here... to break the darkness over this obnoxious waiting period for DZire delivery, the production of the Swift DZire has stopped for reasons unknown and before anyone asks- my sources are confidential but 100 per cent accurate.

This is scary. How about the guys who booked the vehicle beleiving MUL will deliver a more VFM cars?

If this is 100% accurate, I wish we get more details sooner before many other are also stuck.
Old 18th May 2008, 22:41   #79
Senior - BHPian

This is insane and crazy. With launch of Dzire, MUL has turned its showrooms into 70s state-run ration shops which people used to frequent asking " Chini kab milega?".

15 months wait? That's insane. The car will be as common as Indicas / Santros by then and you won't even give it a second look. Imagine dealer calling you up after 15 months and saying, " Sir, congratulations! Your Dzire just arrived." You will be tempetd to say," Now you calling me? You might as well keep that for yourself. I am not interested in it any more." Any new car loses in its novelty within 1 month these days. I personally won't wait a day over a week. No matter however good the car may be. Car buying should be like buying an LCD tv or a split aircon which you drop in into a shop and pick up within 30 minutes.

Imagine a guy waiting for 15 months. Looking longingly at every passing Dzire on road every day and saying to himsel, " Mera number Kab aiyega?" And he will keep saying this to himself for a year and a quarter.

Yes, those looking for a budget sedan have no other option but to wait --- 15 months or 2 years. But I don't blame people for this mad rush. Nor do I blame MUL. In my opinion blame should be sqaurely on competition who have failed to provide a credible alternative to Dzire. Indigo comes closest but yet not quite there. Even now, Dzire should give them a wake up call---that there is a huge demand for a diesel budget sedan in this country. Hitherto, all manufacturers have only been focussing on hatchbacks. They should come up with a Dzire-beater post haste. Until that happens, long queues at MUL will continue.
Old 18th May 2008, 22:45   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post

Oh! Could they have found a better time?
Its 'Down down. Maruti Down',from now on.
The filthy company!
Old 18th May 2008, 23:03   #81

waiting for my dzire

hi ECM...
booked my vxi on 29th march..
still waiting.. any information to assist would be appreciated !!

ref : I am going to have it by tomorrow morning.Now those who have booked this car in March-April can send me email and I shall be glad to help them by providing some useful information,do include your TBHP Id in your mail and date of booking.Good luck.
Old 18th May 2008, 23:57   #82
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishpodar View Post
hi ECM...
booked my vxi on 29th march..
still waiting.. any information to assist would be appreciated !!

ref : I am going to have it by tomorrow morning.Now those who have booked this car in March-April can send me email and I shall be glad to help them by providing some useful information,do include your TBHP Id in your mail and date of booking.Good luck.
I think you are the right candidate and should get your car soon because I booked around the same date as yours.More check your P.M.
Old 19th May 2008, 11:22   #83
BHPian

Guess what....I am getting out of this Bloody MSIL hype and looking for other vehicle..

Yesterday went to Spectra Motors and simply handed over them the cancellation request. I did not give any reason, neither they asked any reason....all of us know the reason...

Then went to GM showroom...test drove UVA...now will book UVA LT with ABS and Airbag (driver side)....Delivery promised...if in stock then 7 days....if not in stock 15 days....

No more concerned with Dzire delays and price increase and MSIL promises....looks like I will live happily now...
Old 19th May 2008, 11:26   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Guess what....I am getting out of this Bloody MSIL hype and looking for other vehicle..

Yesterday went to Spectra Motors and simply handed over them the cancellation request. I did not give any reason, neither they asked any reason....all of us know the reason...

Then went to GM showroom...test drove UVA...now will book UVA LT with ABS and Airbag (driver side)....Delivery promised...if in stock then 7 days....if not in stock 15 days....

No more concerned with Dzire delays and price increase and MSIL promises....looks like I will live happily now...
Congrats.
Have you tried Fusion+
Its a great looking car. The only problem being A.*.*
If the dealer located in your city gives you good after sales, do conider the car.
It gives you a SUV feel.
Old 19th May 2008, 12:57   #85
Senior - BHPian

^^^

Right decision.. Maruti needs to know they can't take customers for granted. Did not take much for PAL to get lost in history for doing just that.
Old 19th May 2008, 13:06   #86
BHPian

Another one..

Dzire was the first car that I test drove.. If it was available within a month or so, I would have bought it.. But 4 months initially, 6 months later is too much time for anyone to wait for a car. Now come on, 4 months?! It is 2008 and not 1988.

I am getting delivery of my Indica V2 Turbo with ABS and Airbags in a few days.
Old 19th May 2008, 13:44   #87
BHPian

Dzire prices have increased by INR 18,000..
Old 19th May 2008, 13:55   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Congrats.
Have you tried Fusion+
Its a great looking car. The only problem being A.*.*
If the dealer located in your city gives you good after sales, do conider the car.
It gives you a SUV feel.
Yes I did try the Fusion+....infact that was the one which I tried first...the delaer network in Mumbai may be good....no discounts nothing offered...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
^^^

Right decision.. Maruti needs to know they can't take customers for granted. Did not take much for PAL to get lost in history for doing just that.
Thanks mate....I know you guys would surely understand why I decided to cancel...

Exactly, that's what came to my mind when I got to know that there will not be any more delays....so looks like MSIL was waiting for the price to increase.....I feel this is not ethical practice...if this has happened...

I am not worried about GM service as it is 2 mins aways from my home.....there was big time difference in attitude compared to Ford and Maruti....not a single time they pushed me to consider a vehicle.....I wanted to go for Aveo 1.6 with option pack....they said if you parking can manage then buy...else UVA suites best....I liked this approach...even they allowed me to see the service bay....this is what I liked....also invited me to test drive again if I am confused....said give a call we will get the vehicle to your residence to try out the parking....

The colour options, they said you select, if we dont have in stock we will order for you....now that's what I call customer centric delearship
Old 19th May 2008, 15:14   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
there was big time difference in attitude compared to Ford and Maruti....not a single time they pushed me to consider a vehicle.
In general I found the Chevy and Ford sales people much more interested in selling than the Hyundai and Maruti folks! After my round of TDs only Chevy and Ford bothered to follow up.

For you, with Ford it is probably the dealership's attitude - some are good and some not.

Advanced congratulations on your new ride!
Old 19th May 2008, 15:20   #90
ECM
BHPian

Got the toy finally!Lovely pickup,absolutely NO NOISE of engine,looks I am driving a petrol car,many reviews members have already posted so shall refrain posting the same,one request do NOT flood my inbox,use email please,thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks