Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2008, 17:10   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
Could you make out if it was on the Fiat 1.3 MJD engine?
That engine is already confirmed. There will also be a new 1.2 litre engine from Fiat with variable valve timing etc from launch.

Last edited by Trapezio : 14th May 2008 at 17:11. Reason: Grammar... my old enemy is back!
Old 14th May 2008, 17:12   #32
Senior - BHPian

Day after tomorrow? Hope the news is true. This is the one with the MJD engine right??
Old 14th May 2008, 17:53   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Looks wise I dont see any major change from the current indica apart from the headlamps and the grille. I suppose what is meant by the facelifted indica is and enhancement to the enteriors. Any changes to the engine specs?
Dude, as it has been said many times before, including at the Auto Show and by Tata themselves, it is an ALL-NEW CAR with on a completely newly designed platform with hardly any commonality with the existing Indica, except that basic body lines are similar to maintain the continuity.

The cars will come with FIAT diesel and petrol engines, and maybe Tata DICOR engine as well. Autocar India or Overdrive (i dont remember which) had a detailed look at it at the auto show and IIRC compared the legroom and seat comfort to the Honda Civic !
Old 14th May 2008, 17:55   #34
BHPian

Do they have enough capacity to supply engines for X1?
I.e. Ranjangon facility is up and running?. We read in the print Media during the Fiat 1.3 MJD launch that bulk of engines were imported since their facility (Joint facility by Tata & Fiat) wasn't ready.

Another blow to Fiat, as their new generation 1.2 VVT petrol engine is not launched first on their car
Old 14th May 2008, 18:33   #35
Senior - BHPian

The front headlights look good. This car should look good in red !
Im tired of the same taillights design ! Tata GET OVER IT ! They didnt spare the Nano too ! Even im not too ok with the console being located in the center.
Old 14th May 2008, 18:35   #36
BHPian

From whatever little information i had, the new Indica X 1 was supposed to be launched sometime in the month of June/ July this year, and that the deliveries would start in August. But this seems to be pretty fast now, which is good. May be suhail can give the correct information.

dhaval
Old 14th May 2008, 19:28   #37
BHPian

Guys, any idea about Nano bookings opening by June first week?
Old 14th May 2008, 19:57   #38
BHPian

Any one come across their new site accidentally / intentionally? Like we have got Sumo Grande's test site. Curious about engine & power trains details.
Old 14th May 2008, 21:39   #39
Senior - BHPian

Rearlights in all Indica ( wonder how long will they continue with rearlights)
1st Gen Indica :-

The Next Indica:

2007 Indica:-

Finally The X1 :-

Old 14th May 2008, 23:10   #40
BHPian

I dont like the X1's rear end. The current Indica is better
Old 15th May 2008, 05:36   #41
SuperSyn

Tata have made significant mistakes with the new Indica which goes to show that they are still amateurs when it comes to building and selling cars.

An all new model should not resemble the discontinued model this closely. There should be significant distinctions in design, which are sadly lacking. Indica is a mass seller, and there's too much visual fatigue assosciated with its old design. The X1 will have to carry this burden for 7 more years.

This is a misguided attempt at saving costs.

Tata have also got about 30 different types / variants of Indica on their website. Now they will launch the all new product, and add to the clutter.

This is beyond pathetic. Most manufacturers are able to book profits with far fewer models, and lesser logistical overheads.
I hope they discontinue all the old-er Indicas with the launch of X1, but it is not looking good.

Last edited by SuperSyn : 15th May 2008 at 05:38.

Old 15th May 2008, 06:16   #42
Senior - BHPian

the rear kinda looks like the ford fusion.

If bajaj can do it , why not tata ? It certainly doesn't hurt to be spoilt for choice right ?
Old 15th May 2008, 09:23   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post
Tata have made significant mistakes with the new Indica which goes to show that they are still amateurs when it comes to building and selling cars.
All your other arguments might be correct in some sense, but you cannot accuse them of not understanding their market better than us If anything, they're masters of packaging - on all parameters the car is pretty close to what the market would find ok, on some great, and overall the VFM has been high. The sales speak for themselves.
Old 15th May 2008, 09:46   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_m5_titus View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but can someone please tell me what the indica x1 is? Is it the facelifted indica?
The Tata Indica [X1] is basically the next generation Tata Indica. It is not a facelift.
Old 15th May 2008, 09:52   #45
SuperSyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
The sales speak for themselves.
It hasn't been launched yet.

Interior Volume / Price ratio was never a problem for the old Indica, and will not be an issue for the all new model as well.

Most Viewed