Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2008, 10:45   #46
BHPian

Ha.. what confusion.

I'm about to buy Indica V2 DLX. Now this puts me in a quandary. Does anybody have any idea if the new car will have a variant that has ABS-Airbags like DLX?

I can't wait till August for the new car. Should I go ahead with V2 DLX? What about resale value.. will this new launch hit the resale of V2 DLX is a big way?

And what about waiting period like for Swift.. if its a new model, will there be substantial waiting period (4 months etc)?
Old 15th May 2008, 10:58   #47
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Dude, as it has been said many times before, including at the Auto Show and by Tata themselves, it is an ALL-NEW CAR with on a completely newly designed platform with hardly any commonality with the existing Indica, except that basic body lines are similar to maintain the continuity.
Makes you think, doesn't it? Was it really a good idea to make the entirely new gen so similar looking to the old? The casual observer is never going to notice the chances...and if they do, it will be passed off as a face lift. If the awareness level is low on a petrolhead community, what can be expect from the junta?

Tata should have seriously made the X1 look a lot different than the decade old first-gen design.

@ GenuineOptimist : This would probably be the worst time to buy the current Indica. Wait and watch for reviews on the new one.
Old 15th May 2008, 11:20   #48
BHPian

the front of the car seems a little too droopy-faced. the horizontal end section of the hood doesn't go very well with the swooping lines of the headlight.

and i absolutely despise any car which comes with a centre console!! its the most ridiculous thing ever!!! its so inconvenient and unnecessary.
Old 15th May 2008, 11:28   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Makes you think, doesn't it? Was it really a good idea to make the entirely new gen so similar looking to the old? The casual observer is never going to notice the chances...and if they do, it will be passed off as a face lift. If the awareness level is low on a petrolhead community, what can be expect from the junta?

Tata should have seriously made the X1 look a lot different than the decade old first-gen design.
I agree.

I also feel they should have made the interiors more classy - may be a two tone combination (black and beige, like i10 or the Aveo). Shouldn't cost all that more, should it?

Nonetheless, I am eagerly awaiting this car. Having recently sold my 6 year old Indica, I am scouting for a new car and X1 is most likely to fit the bill, that is if Tatas deviate from their normal practice of launching a new car with built-in niggles!

Last edited by CaAT : 15th May 2008 at 11:32.
Old 15th May 2008, 11:51   #50
BHPian

Quote:
@ GenuineOptimist : This would probably be the worst time to buy the current Indica. Wait and watch for reviews on the new one.
Yes, the blanket statement such as this sure helps.

Can you tell me why its the worst time? If the answer for any of the following questions is a 'No' then I don't have any other choice to buy v2 turbo now.

Does the new X1 has a diesel variant with ABS-Airbags?
Will it be available for purchase immediately (June maximum) without any waiting period?
Is it assured of 'no problem' running as of the tried and tested V2 turbo?

kindly help!! As an aside, do we have a contact in Tata Motors Indica products department who I can talk to, and get more information. I'm going to mail them anyway.
Old 15th May 2008, 13:00   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineOptimist View Post
Does the new X1 has a diesel variant with ABS-Airbags?
Will it be available for purchase immediately (June maximum) without any waiting period?
Is it assured of 'no problem' running as of the tried and tested V2 turbo?
Primarily, the main factor is that the moment the X1 gets launched your 'new' car's resale value will drop by 15-20%. Also, there will always be the feeling that if you'd waited a little longer you'd been able to get a newer car with the improvements that come associated with one.

Reliability/absence of niggles though is going to be a million dollar question of course.
Old 15th May 2008, 13:05   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Primarily, the main factor is that the moment the X1 gets launched your 'new' car's resale value will drop by 15-20%. Also, there will always be the feeling that if you'd waited a little longer you'd been able to get a newer car with the improvements that come associated with one.

,it is best to wait for the new model.may be you will regret later for not waiting and purchasing the car in a hurry
Old 15th May 2008, 13:18   #53
BANNED

This launch is good news for me. I'm waiting for the right car to change from my current car. I should be touching the 100K km mark in a few months and hopefully, by that time, the Indica X1 will have stabilized / the Indigo CS DiCOR will get all the goodies / the new Indigo will be launched.
Old 15th May 2008, 14:03   #54
BHPian

<<Tata should have seriously made the X1 look a lot different than the decade old first-gen design.

Yes, Though it is all new platform, longer wheelbase, wider, multijet, new 1.2 engine. it looks lot similar. The Indica brand is so popular and success, so they don't want to take risk i believe.
if we check with i10, it looks like a different car, but it is same wide and same wheel base as Santro and even sharing the same engine, but for the customer it is totally different car and not the Santro version 3:-)

Quote:
I'm about to buy Indica V2 DLX. Now this puts me in a quandary. Does anybody have any idea if the new car will have a variant that has ABS-Airbags like DLX?
New Indica will be priced in par with Swift. Topend model with Airbag + ABS should be little costlier than VDi.

There will be a waiting period for this car.

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th May 2008 at 14:46.
Old 15th May 2008, 14:09   #55
BHPian

Quote:

The pics posted on the thread of beaten up test vehicles with cladding and body covers dont flatter the X1, but the pictures from the Auto Show didnt look too bad actually. The car has a similar grille and overall stance but looks distinctly different from the V2. It is also looks larger.

Ideally I would have liked them to come up with something like the Mazda 2, but hey, its not too bad. And Tata knows their market, the car is for people who are not hobbits (or Japanese/Korean ), want to sit comfortably, get good VFM, great mileage, and who want a car that can withstand the torture of Indian conditions and come back for more.

Even if they did come up with something very stylish, the Maruti snobs that currently cram themselves into outdated, overpriced sardine cans with low mileage would still turn up their noses at the car quoting something else like ***, or 'all the taxi drivers drive Indicas'.
Old 15th May 2008, 14:12   #56
BHPian

new indica..

I could get the following information (or the lack of it) from AM-Sales Cars Tata Motors here..

The new Indica is expected to be launched on June-end.
No information on what features available. He says he himself is unaware or atleast that is what he says.
No information on when dealers are expected to stock it.
No information on pricing, but he says it definitely will be higher than current Dicor/Turbo.

Maybe what is about to be launched tomorrow is not Indica X1 afterall..
Old 15th May 2008, 14:33   #57
tez
BHPian

Let wait for 16th to see which versions of X1 are released. Hope they give dual airbags and ABS in the topend X1.
Old 15th May 2008, 14:41   #58

as x1 looks very much similar to the indica v2 average user will consider it as an upgrade instead of a totally new car. tata could not take a huge premium for this car above v2. if current xeta starts with 2.50 then they can add maximum premium of Rs50000 to it for the petrol model. I think it will start with 3.00 lacs for base petrol model
Old 15th May 2008, 14:49   #59
BHPian

makes sense..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
New Indica will be priced in par with Swift. Topend model with Airbag + ABS should be little costlier than VDi.

There will be a waiting period for this car.
This is an interesting point. Here are the costs of swift diesel variants in Bangalore, on-road.

SWIFT DIESEL LDI (DIESEL) 532560
SWIFT DIESEL VDI (DIESEL) 573159
SWIFT DIESEL VDI (DIESEL) WITH ABS 600080

For cars with exactly similar features, which one is likely to command a higher price - Swift or Indica X1? I would bet on Swift eventhough its an year older launch..

But Tata Motors might offer a bunch of goodies extra with the comparable model of Swift and still price it nearly the same as swift or maybe slightly lesser!
Old 15th May 2008, 15:11   #60
SUV
BHPian

Quote:

I can't wait till August for the new car. Should I go ahead with V2 DLX? What about resale value.. will this new launch hit the resale of V2 DLX is a big way?

And what about waiting period like for Swift.. if its a new model, will there be substantial waiting period (4 months etc)?
If you are looking at a discount now is the time to Buy a Indica, They are reportedly offering 50 - 75K Off on the current lot... But if you want a Multijet Powered Tata then wait for a couple of day's ....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks