Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2008, 12:37   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaval View Post
Well in that case i suggest you wait. I presume that since you are replacing your Accent with a new one, in all probability you will opt for the top of the line Fiesta 1.6 SXi. I also have a feeling that if atall the new Fiesta is launched, Ford may offer certain goodies (read that as certain features as standard) only in the 1.6 petrol version and may be the same features as option in the base 1.4 petrol version, inorder to keep the price under check. If atall you opting for the 1.4 then may aswell go ahead and buy the car rather then wait for long. And to spoil it further, why not think about diesel as a option and wait for the 1.6 TDCi.. just kidding dude!!

dhaval
Yes I am planning to go for the 1.6SXi. Diesel would not suit me as I only drive 10-15Kms on a normal day since my office is really close to my place(Sometimes I walk or cycle too if the weather permits it . I will mainly be taking the car out on weekends and on long road trips a couple of times a year. So it doesn't justify me spending the extra money on diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Zuch,

You can easily get your booking back as long as no vehicle is registered in your name at the RTO. If you are purchasing it on a loan ask the bank not to provide the dealer with a release letter or order. If you are no where close to these steps there is absolutely no reason that the dealer cannot refund your deposit on producing the receipt and a cancellation letter (in which its not a must that you have to give a reason). In most cases if you have changed your mind and purchasing from a rival dealer, they will stake the claim on your behalf if you provide them with the documentation.

9 times out of 10, dealers without a legitimate second hand car division will rely on third parties eg. Local brokers and agencies. The column mentioning the name of the buyer of your old car is left empty as they will be selling on the car and not buying it for themselves. In this case get a statement signed by both parties that such an exchange has happened and chase the third party for legitimate documentation when he does sell your old car.

The purchase price of your old car is mostly as per Market standards. The reason the Ford Dealership is able to give a good price is mostly due to the fact that the discounts of the new car is used to hike up the price of your old one. A good way to find out is to send a friend to the same or rival Ford dealer and to haggle for a similar model without having to exchange a car. This will give you a true picture of the cars discount and what he is holding back from you.
Thanks shortbread. This is really useful information. So far I have just given a token amount and it seems that it's not very difficult for me to back out if I want to.

I spoke to the salesman yesterday about cancellation. He took it nicely and had promised to refund me the money today. But after giving it a lot of thought I am going to keep the booking and ask the dealer to postpone delivery of my vehicle to next month since a new model is coming out and I am convinced that this is the car that I want to buy unless they make some ugly changes to the shape.

The information about second hand car division is very usefull. I called them to find out about the procedure and they are giving me a letter on the dealerships letterhead stating that they are buying the car from me. Internally they may be selling it to a dealer but they have assured me that the papers will get transferred to the new owner and it's cumpolsory for them to do that and only then will they get a comission from ford india for the exchange and the payment will be made via a demand draft.

Is that enough or do I need to ask them for some other papers?
Old 16th May 2008, 01:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

The statement on a letterhead holds good as a temporary document, make sure you have an attested copy (preferably by your local RTO)of the Old cars RC book with the new owners details as a back up document once the car is purchased by someone.
Best of Luck
Old 3rd February 2010, 11:33   #18
BHPian

Booking Cancellation

Helllo

Members My cousin has booked a Punto from Concorde Bangalore and he now feels that he should have gone for the K series Swift, but he has already paid about 30K for the Punto. Now if he needs to cancel his Booking what is the procedure to be followed and will there be any Deductions on the 30K that he paid as Booking Amount? Please advise

regards

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd February 2010 at 11:37. Reason: Please use Search before opening new thread, please do a spell check also. Thanks
Old 3rd February 2010, 18:56   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopanna19 View Post
Helllo

Members My cousin has booked a Punto from Concorde Bangalore and he now feels that he should have gone for the K series Swift, but he has already paid about 30K for the Punto. Now if he needs to cancel his Booking what is the procedure to be followed and will there be any Deductions on the 30K that he paid as Booking Amount? Please advise

regards
Unless the dealer has made him sign an agreement that Rs. xxxxx will be deducted, he will get a 100% refund. In 99% of the cases, a full refund is the norm out there.
Old 3rd February 2010, 19:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

I had booked my Punto from Concorde Bangalore(dairy circle) in Oct 2009. I had asked on the cancellation terms & conditions - and I was told 1K would be deducted then.
Old 3rd February 2010, 19:26   #21
BHPian

Ok i have a question here. Lets say Mr.X has booked a car. He has made an initial payment as well. The due to unforseen circumstances, Mr.X passes away. He has no beneficiaries. What does the car dealer do with the initial amount then? Are they entitled to keep it or do they have to refund the amount to the next of kin? I am just curious that's all!
Old 3rd February 2010, 20:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Ok i have a question here. Lets say Mr.X has booked a car. He has made an initial payment as well. The due to unforseen circumstances, Mr.X passes away. He has no beneficiaries. What does the car dealer do with the initial amount then? Are they entitled to keep it or do they have to refund the amount to the next of kin? I am just curious that's all!
Well this is a legal quagmire if the deceased person doesn't have a direct descendant or if there are more than one direct descendant. So I guess the lawyer handling the estate of teh deceased person can take money and divide the money as per will or in the absence of a will divide it equally amongst all who get the person's money.
Old 3rd February 2010, 20:30   #23
BHPian

Now its all speculation. There are no confirmed news from Ford; except Figo for 2010.
- If you are not in a hurry to replace your car hold your decision & as all have vouched you can take your booking amount back.
-If you are in hurry, back Check with other dealers in the city on the delivery period for Silver.
- And if Ford is going to launch their global upgrade - be sure whether you are going to drive around a super hatch
Old 4th February 2010, 18:24   #24
BANNED

But I've also heard that some dealers will deduct about Rs.1000-2000 if the booking amount is above 10K.
Old 4th February 2010, 19:25   #25
Senior - BHPian

Yes highly possible

My frined booked a Ford Ikon and after one month he decided to cancel the booking. He had paid a booking amount of 10,000 Rs and the entire 10,000 was refunded even after the car arrived at the dealer. I hear in Maruti , if a cancellation is made , the booking amount is returned with interest. Don't really know how far this is true though.
Old 4th February 2010, 19:30   #26
BHPian

I booked Hyundai Verna, initial amount being 50k, got entire money after a cancelation (1 day later).

Last edited by raghu230506 : 4th February 2010 at 19:32. Reason: typo
Old 4th February 2010, 19:35   #27
Senior - BHPian

The norm here in Northern India is cancellation fees of 1500 rupees applies.

If a dealer gets smart - then you can escalate the matter to the Head Office and they will be more than glad to help you out.

It's a different story if you go and book a car like maybe a Sonata - the dealer is not going to be too happy in refunding the money
Old 7th September 2014, 21:41   #28
BHPian

When we cancel booking of a car... Getting the booking amount refunded

We are all very excited when we are searching the market for a new car. At every dealership nearly you are met with a smile and maybe lots more. But....what happens when you cancel the booking with a dealer.

I have personally gone,or maybe still am going through it as I type this. I hail from Calcutta, am a doctor by profession and am posted outside Calcutta as I am in government service. Some time in May I marched into one of the premier Maruti dealership in Calcutta viz. Bhandari at Gariahat. I booked a Swift vxi paying 10,000 rupees upfront in cash. But due to some unforseen circumstances I had to cancel my booking two days later. Thereafter I left for my place of posting with confirmation from the SA, Mr. Mukherjee that I will be refunded the amount after necessary cancellation charges are deducted. I was given a time limit of 10 days. As I stay out of town the SA promised that the refund through cheque would be personally delivered at my residence by him. Till date I have called him on numerous occasions but have only received excuses as answer.

I will be visiting Calcutta just for one day on the 18th of this month and have informed him accordingly. I will be visiting the dealership myself to collect the cheque. What appals me is that if the SA wasn't able to deliver the cheque himself then he should have informed me. I would have sent someone down to collect it on my behalf. Moreover, when I called Mr. Mukherjee the last time he very casually told me that the cheque was with him. He was not in the remotest way sorry for the inconvenience he caused me. My question is that when you can call us umpteen times to make us book a car then why not extend the same courtesy when one cancels a booking. Just to tell Maruti that I had wanted for swift to be my car but after this incident I will have to be changing my decision of the same.

I would urge other forum members to kindly post experiences if they have any. Such activities should not be let off so easily and such forums are the best places to bring such experiences up so that people don't have to go through such ordeals in future

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th September 2014 at 14:15. Reason: Added paragraph spacing to improve readability.
drritwik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 22:21   #29
Senior - BHPian

re: When we cancel booking of a car... Getting the booking amount refunded

First off there is nothing like a cancellation charge at least not legally. You can take up the matter with Maruti directly via contact details etc given here in the forum(on various threads) or their website.

Secondly, what does Maruti have to lose if you change your decision. It is the dealer who has wronged you. This is like blaming a pharma company whose medicines did not work 'cause the treatment was based on faulty blood test results by the Pathology lab. I am not a Maruti fan or anything but you do have to look at it in the right perspective

There are scores of such experiences all over this forum, you just have to look a little deeper. Anyhow, best of luck in your efforts hope you get the money back ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drritwik View Post
Thereafter I left for my place of posting with confirmation from the SA, Mr. Malay Mukherjee I that I will be refunded the amount after necessary cancellation charges are deducted.

...... Just to tell Maruti that I had wanted for swift to be my car but after this incident I will have to be changing my decision of the same.

I would urge other forum members to kindly post experiences if they have any.
Old 8th September 2014, 23:12   #30
BHPian

re: When we cancel booking of a car... Getting the booking amount refunded

I agree with you on the point that what does maruti have to loose. Maybe even I could not put my point properly. I completely understand that maruti is not to be blamed for what has happened. It is completely the fault of the dealer. But again, it's just that all this leaves a bad taste per se.....But thanks for bringing up the point anyways.
As for the cancellation charges issue it clearly states that a cancellation charge of rupees 500 will be deducted on cancelling booking. But as you have stated I would surely dig deeper into the matter.

Most Viewed