Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2014, 20:18   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Booked a car - Can I cancel the booking?

And I rest my case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drritwik View Post
This clearly brought to light that Maruti does listen to their customers.

And about the point regarding cancellationcharges. Thanks to the mail I have been informed that no cancellation charges will be deducted.
Doctor good to know that the matter was resolved to your satisfaction. If I may ask would MUL be on your radar the next time around ?
Old 11th September 2014, 20:33   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
And I rest my case.

Doctor good to know that the matter was resolved to your satisfaction. If I may ask would MUL be on your radar the next time around ?
Yes Khoj.....I would dare say that MSIL will surely be on my radar again.

I personally do not believe in the saying that one rotten apple makes the whole basket rotten.

Also being an avid car enthusiast I know what swift stands for.

I am eagerly waiting for swift petrol to be my next car.

My initial preference was and is the Volkswagen polo 1.5 but unfortunately it's way out of my budget.

The funniest part might be that I may end up booking the car from the same dealer and SA who have caused me such trouble.

It's just that to give them a second chance and I believe we live in a world of gentlemen and hopefully they will live up to my expectations the second time round
Old 11th September 2014, 20:53   #48
Senior - BHPian

I believe that being kind to some of the dealers will only make dealers take you for granted.

I have stopped being kind unless i have something to get it done from them.

Its a fine line between you taking them for granted or you being taken for granted and its upto us to define that boundary and stick to our demands.
Old 13th March 2018, 13:51   #49
BHPian

Hi Fellow Members,

I booked Audi A3 on 5 March 2018 and paid an amount of 7 lacs to dealer through cheque. Now due to some personal reasons I will not be able to complete this transaction. When I requested for refund the dealership said that they will deduct around 50% of the booking amount. They are saying that the car has arrived at dealership and hence this amount would be deducted. Can I write to Audi India regarding this and will they be able to help me. Also if some one has relevant contact details for Audi India where I can escalate this issue.
Please guide how to go about it.
Old 13th March 2018, 14:32   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack_himanshu View Post
Hi Fellow Members,

I booked Audi A3 on 5 March 2018 and paid an amount of 7 lacs to dealer through cheque. Now due to some personal reasons I will not be able to complete this transaction. When I requested for refund the dealership said that they will deduct around 50% of the booking amount. They are saying that the car has arrived at dealership and hence this amount would be deducted. Can I write to Audi India regarding this and will they be able to help me. Also if some one has relevant contact details for Audi India where I can escalate this issue.
There is NO way that they can deduct the amount. These are just pressure tactics. You will have to play it smart and try and get your money back ASAP. It will need a lot of good natured pleading first and then a tough stance, will be helpful if you have some clout or contacts.

Since the car is not registered, you have no liability and the vehicle can be allocated to another buyer.

Also, you should never pay such a high booking amount ever. We used to book Q3s and Q5s for as low as Rs. 50k in Mumbai a couple of years back. Anything above a lac is blasphemy!

Unfortunately, no contacts in Audi India since I quit the industry.
Old 13th March 2018, 14:41   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Fellow Members,

Look at the booking form for the terms & conditions. Generally they refund the full amount back, or worst case deduct Rs. 5,000.
Ask the dealership to give this in writing and escalate it to Audi India. If they want to play smart, make sure all communication is written.
Old 14th March 2018, 12:56   #52
Senior - BHPian

This booking receipt says Rs.1500/- will be charged as cancellation charges in case of cancellation. I sent a mail to MSIL inquiring about cancellation charges. My local dealer called me within two hours and clarified that there is no cancellation charge. I asked them to give it in writing which they obliged happily.

Booked a car - Can I cancel the booking?-booking.jpg

However, all the dealers always try to charge something as the cancellation charge. In my case, the dealer gave the excuse of old stationary which has a pre-printed term of cancellation charges.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 17:26   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Look at the booking form for the terms & conditions. Generally they refund the full amount back, or worst case deduct Rs. 5,000.
Ask the dealership to give this in writing and escalate it to Audi India. If they want to play smart, make sure all communication is written.
I have written to Audi India customer service and when I went to dealer today they were like why did you write to Audi India and then said we dealers have different rules as we are a different entity.

After long discussion they said let's us check with our seniors and see what could be done.

Hoping for them to return the full amount
Old 14th March 2018, 17:45   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have written to Audi India customer service and when I went to dealer today they were like why did you write to Audi India and then said we dealers have different rules as we are a different entity.

After long discussion they said let's us check with our seniors and see what could be done.

Hoping for them to return the full amount
That's all humbug. They are representatives of Audi India and have to abide by the rules and guidelines set out by Audi India.
At the end of the day, you're buying an Audi, not the dealerships local product.

Have you looked at the booking form and seen what the cancellation policy is for the dealership?
Old 15th March 2018, 18:50   #55
BHPian

Quote:
That's all humbug. They are representatives of Audi India and have to abide by the rules and guidelines set out by Audi India.
At the end of the day, you're buying an Audi, not the dealerships local product.

Have you looked at the booking form and seen what the cancellation policy is for the dealership?
Yes, 2 lacs within 7 days.
Old 15th March 2018, 18:59   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, 2 lacs within 7 days.
That's exceedingly high! What dealer is this, so other members are aware of their policies.

Would be best to get a written answer from them and loop Audi into the picture. Failing which a legal opinion / media would be the way to go!
Old 16th March 2018, 07:41   #57
BHPian

Quote:
That's exceedingly high! What dealer is this, so other members are aware of their policies.

Would be best to get a written answer from them and loop Audi into the picture. Failing which a legal opinion / media would be the way to go!
This is Audi Gurgaon and the amount is 50% or 3 lacs if intimation is after 7 days.

So if u guys are planning to book from there please be sure not to give any high booking amounts to them. Somehow if you want to cancel either you will loose a lot of money or would take the delivery. I have looped in Audi India but since the sales contract states the charges , I don't know what can be done to get the amount back.
Old 16th March 2018, 08:19   #58
BHPian

Quote:
This is Audi Gurgaon and the amount is 50% or 3 lacs if intimation is after 7 days.
It is rather brutal of Audi Gurgaon to expect you to take such a hit for a vehicle that has not yet been registered on your name.

In your interactions with them, did they give you a feeling that maybe they would be willing to give you a "goodwill" offer for some chai - paani. Of course the Chai Paani they expect will be a bit expensive.
(Chai Paani refers to under the table deals for those unfamiliar with the term)

Last edited by Ithaca : 16th March 2018 at 08:20. Reason: Language & Editing
Old 16th March 2018, 08:35   #59
BANNED

Quote:

So if u guys are planning to book from there please be sure not to give any high booking amounts to them. Somehow if you want to cancel either you will loose a lot of money or would take the delivery. I have looped in Audi India but since the sales contract states the charges , I don't know what can be done to get the amount back.
Firstly, just because it states it on a piece of paper does not mean your bound by it. Did your friend in anyway or manner expressly agree to these terms or did he get to know after paying the amount and getting a receipt for it. Think of your "Sales Contract" like a Builder Buyer Agreement between Developers and Buyers, the Buyers have no say in it and the Contract is usually one-sided, that does not mean that the Buyer is bound by all terms, irrespective of the fact that he signed it, Equity needs to be maintained.

Irrespective of whether he was informed or not and his consent was express or implied, a Legal Notice along with knocking the doors of the Consumer Forum (Unfair Trade Practice) along with a Criminal Complaint should do the trick. You might end up spending some money to recover it.
sarthakmehrotra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 08:38   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
It is rather brutal of Audi Gurgaon to expect you to take such a hit for a vehicle that has not yet been registered on your name.

In your interactions with them, did they give you a feeling that maybe they would be willing to give you a "goodwill" offer for some chai - paani. Of course the Chai Paani they expect will be a bit expensive.
(Chai Paani refers to under the table deals for those unfamiliar with the term)
Nothing of that sort. But I seriously regret my buying decision with Audi Gurgaon. During the time of sale they did say we are making a relationship. This is what I get out of there so called relationship.
smack_himanshu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks