Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2013, 01:53   #76
BHPian

Re: Numerology - Vehicle registration numbers totalling to eight banned in Tamilnadu

Guys FYI superstitions prevail even at the pinnacle of motorsports....in F1 there is no car number 13.
Old 4th September 2013, 08:48   #77
BHPian

Re: Numerology - Vehicle registration numbers totalling to eight banned in Tamilnadu

In Japan / S. Korea, you cannot find a floor with number 4, 13 or 14, since 4 means Death.

I am not sure why the number 8 comes in India (yet to go over all the posts).

The reason for the fear though unfounded comes from 'Why take risk if it is true?' attitude. Many things that our Indian scriptures say did come out to be true (though once ridiculed). For e.g., the story of Abhimanyu. In Bangalore there are expensive courses, to train the baby in the womb :-)

The other reason is resale. Certain inauspicious numbers on Vehicles make them VERY hard to sell. I got this gyaan from my good friend after I bought a vehicle and told the guy to register with ANY number. You do reduce the number of guys you can sell the vehicle to. This is the case for floors having numbers 13 (or 4) in various countries. Builders need to reduce the total addressable market TO 10% or so if they need to sell apartments / office spaces in such floors, and the thought thrives.

I have no right to make any value judgements on people fearing number 4 or 13 (this is pretty harmless idea)

This will continue for a long time, and TN Govt may be has taken a right step to extract money from people to who are afraid they might get number 8.
Old 4th September 2013, 09:26   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I am not sure why the number 8 comes in India (yet to go over all the posts).
8 is related to Shani(Planet Saturn), and hence considered inauspicious.
Old 21st September 2013, 12:39   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
An interesting extension to this belief is that even the RTO district numbers that total 8 are not used. Eg. there is TN-07 and TN-09 but no TN-08, no TN-71 etc.
Good point, I've never actually noticed that, its pretty clear that people in TN don't want anything to do with the no. 8, maybe they should stop having Grade-8 at schools as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoeingDriver View Post
The Real Reason 8 is on demand in Tamil Nadu not because of numerology or luck factor but just because AMMA 's preferred vehicle number is 8. As a result many of those in her party and people looking to appease the ruling party have gone on an over drive in booking the number series such as 0008, 0088, 0888 and 8888. Almost the whole of this series has been booked out by AIADMK. Whats funny is sometimes when the mentioned series are not available people try and obtain numbers that totals upto 8.
I can't comment on the 8 series numbers being taken by the AIADMK party but when I saw the RTO's number register, almost all the 8 series numbers were available and the RTO told me it was up for grabs for free!
Old 22nd September 2013, 13:06   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithviq8 View Post
Good point, I've never actually noticed that, its pretty clear that people in TN don't want anything to do with the no. 8, maybe they should stop having Grade-8 at schools as well.

I can't comment on the 8 series numbers being taken by the AIADMK party but when I saw the RTO's number register, almost all the 8 series numbers were available and the RTO told me it was up for grabs for free!
HaHa. Guess what. Amma has decided to move to 7s last week from 8s. The Demand from the old 8s are going to be for the new 7s. I wish she realizes 6 is better
BoeingDriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 20:48   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoeingDriver View Post
HaHa. Guess what. Amma has decided to move to 7s last week from 8s. The Demand from the old 8s are going to be for the new 7s. I wish she realizes 6 is better
Guess they are the trend setters. Wonder why these so called special numbers are told be be "GOVT" numbers when the general public can acquire them. TBH 1lakh for the number 1 is just absurd. The only reason why people avoid taking the numbers totalling to 8 is not ruin the resale value of the car. It's comes down to what people personally believe and therefore there will always be a hatred towrds the number 8 when registering a vehicle.
Old 11th January 2014, 04:19   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
Guys FYI superstitions prevail even at the pinnacle of motorsports....in F1 there is no car number 13.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
8 is related to Shani(Planet Saturn), and hence considered inauspicious.
I had just read the permanent numbers allotted to drivers in F1. Lotus drivers Romain Grosjean and Pastor Maldonado has chosen 8 and 13 respectively.
I posted this on to the thread "Permanent Numbers for F1 Drivers".

Being reminded of this thread started searching for it. As spooky as it could be, I Landed upon an article explaining about the number 8 and I was

Quote:
Whenever you read this article for the first time, the date will most probably be an 8th, 17th or 26th or the weekday may be a Saturday (ruled by Saturn)
http://dhilipkumarek.wordpress.com/a...6x7q12qyypma-3

Just checked the day and it is a Saturday
Thank god he said may be though lol.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks