Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2008, 15:14   #1
BHPian

Maruti increases car prices

maruti has increased car prices by 1000-18000,just saw the news on cnbc.

dzire-18000
swift(P)-9000,(D)-15000
sx4-9000

Last edited by ankit.jhamb : 17th May 2008 at 15:17.
Old 17th May 2008, 15:41   #2
BHPian

They increased the swift prices in Jan as well. Seems they're trying to make hay while the sun shines.
Old 17th May 2008, 15:42   #3

Higher than expected

the hikes seem to be higher than expected.. hope this would result in stocks being released for models like dzire... (not sure if this was the reason for delay).

anyways.. expected..but is on the higher side me thinks.
Old 17th May 2008, 15:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

This had to happen.

All the input costs are going up, Inflation is also on its highest at this point.
Old 17th May 2008, 20:35   #5
Senior - BHPian

That's the cherry on the cake !! First they announce that they will take 15 months to deliver a DeZire and now they Increase 18000 Rs.

Cannot believe this !!

I am never going to buy a Maruti for sure. I had almost finalised Swift Diesel for my Mom & Sister. Not now definitely.
Old 17th May 2008, 20:37   #6

so would these prices be applicable to people who had booked their cars prior to the hike?
i booked my dzire on 7th April (vxi white) was promised delivery in 2-3 weeks but there are no signs of delivery yet!
Old 17th May 2008, 21:18   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
This had to happen.

All the input costs are going up, Inflation is also on its highest at this point.
Well the kind of quality maruti uses I guess it is not much affected by inflation. And inflation has affected other Car manufacturers too Maruti is not alone then why only they increase Prices. They should work on Hiking quality of theri product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
That's the cherry on the cake !! First they announce that they will take 15 months to deliver a DeZire and now they Increase 18000 Rs.
Cannot believe this !!
I am never going to buy a Maruti for sure. I had almost finalised Swift Diesel for my Mom & Sister. Not now definitely.
Same here. Though I need a car like hell still I'll wait for new models of hatch to launch. Maruti has completely Lost it!!
Old 17th May 2008, 21:42   #8
Senior - BHPian

Its bad practise to see car manufacturers saying waiting period of over 2 months. They simply create HYPE day by day. Maruti still is not working towards giving quality products. Pathetic quality made public upset on Swift, SX4, Dezire too many cheap things inside. MUL will loose VFM brand name very soon if they keep increasing the cost too much.

MUL's profit has come down very much now a days thats why they are increasing price I feel and also due to high inflation. Their main mantra is keeping price tag very less with competition.

I still appreciate M800, Alto, Omni, WagonR, old ZEN very good products for city/village/semi urban use.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 18th May 2008, 09:49   #9
Senior - BHPian

Well, It is not something unexpected as the company had stated as much last month. I however, feel for the folks who have booked their Swifts and Dzires months ago, and will now have to shell out extra money in addition to the long wait for their wheels.

Rather than criticise MSIL one would do well to look at other manufacturers who overprice their products at the time of the lauunch and then start discounting them. GM, Ford, Mahindra Renault and to a leeser extent Hyundai have all done this much to the consteration of the people who had trusted these companies and bought their vehicles only to realise that the same car is available 3 months later at a much lesser price.
Old 18th May 2008, 10:59   #10
BHPian

If this were an inflation driven hike, it would hit other MSIL cars as well. Pretty much all cars use metals and plastic - not just the ones with waiting lists. It might be that they are trying to recover the higher costs on other models from the swift/dzire price hikes as well.
Old 18th May 2008, 11:54   #11
Senior - BHPian

Its unfortunate !!!

This was bound to happen. But the steel products prices have come down due to inflation especially for flat products. These are the same products that will be used in manufacture of automobiles. It's really unfortunate that they have increased at this juncture and the hikes are too steep. IMO, they should first concentrate in delivery woos of the customers who have booked the vehicle.
Old 18th May 2008, 18:12   #12
Senior - BHPian

This is just great. We are getting ready to book a Swift D and they told us prices is up by 20K and delivery in 3 months.
Old 18th May 2008, 18:36   #13
BHPian

Maruti Website doesnt mention anything about the price hike

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
This was bound to happen. But the steel products prices have come down due to inflation especially for flat products. These are the same products that will be used in manufacture of automobiles. It's really unfortunate that they have increased at this juncture and the hikes are too steep. IMO, they should first concentrate in delivery woos of the customers who have booked the vehicle.
The website is not yet updated with the new prices. Also, their website does not mention anything in the News Releases link. Can anyone check with the dealers and confirm this?

Edit: The website has been updated indeed! Somehow my browser was loading the data from the cache it appears!

Last edited by mtnrajdeep : 18th May 2008 at 18:51. Reason: Websites are updated!!
Old 18th May 2008, 20:00   #14
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
I still appreciate M800, Alto, Omni, WagonR, old ZEN very good products for city/village/semi urban use.
How can you forget the best ever car produced by MUL-Baleno in your list?
Old 18th May 2008, 20:17   #15
Senior - BHPian

OMG! The long waiting period and now the price hike. Maruti are sure to lose customers. Wake up Maruti before its too late!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks