Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2008, 17:32   #76
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Since the last one and a half weeks I have gone from bunk to bunk in chennai (on my regular route home-office-home) trying to find a fuel station that has regular unleaded fuel. Almost all bunks state that regular unleaded fuel is not in supply and only premium fuel is available. Regular unleaded fuel retails at INR 55.xx in Chennai and Premium fuel retails at almost 59.xx rupees.
Don't know how close this is for you - try the IOC bunk on Lattice Bridge Road, Adayar. I filled in normal unleaded as recently as Sunday morning.

Noticed that these guys don't sell normal diesel though.

In Bangalore, I found normal unleaded at the IOC bunk on Airport Road at Marathahalli.
Old 17th June 2008, 17:37   #77
Senior - BHPian

Agreed. Even people with 2-wheelers will be suffering due to this. but anything can happen in India. Remember, the majority of votes are in this rural regions. That is the place that decides which govt is coming next. So, i wont be surprised if this is implemented. And then they will include some heading in to their govt staff something similar to C.C.A and say they are giving some X allowance for people...
In other words, if you move to better places like cities, then pay extra for those better living. Atleast that is what govt. is trying to do right now.

I am just wondering. I keep reading in other places that there are every chances for Crude to come back to south of 100$. So, if that happens, will the govt reverse these things? I dont think so.
Old 17th June 2008, 19:49   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I am just wondering. I keep reading in other places that there are every chances for Crude to come back to south of 100$. So, if that happens, will the govt reverse these things? I dont think so.
no, not for a while at least, because the oil companies have to recoup the losses they've been making all this while holding the price line and selling below cost.
Old 17th June 2008, 19:52   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
no, not for a while at least, because the oil companies have to recoup the losses they've been making all this while holding the price line and selling below cost.
But they have been compensated with Bonds from govt right? Which means, they are like outstanding which will be cashed out at a later stage. Do I miss something?
Old 17th June 2008, 20:34   #80
rks
BANNED

Last Friday I went to Expressway BP bunk near Pune-side toll gate at 10-00 PM. Found the bunk dark, all lights switched off. I ask for Speed 97 and luckily it is available. No normal petrol (unleaded or Speed). Just as well that my Santro is a Speed 97 addict.
Old 17th June 2008, 22:32   #81
BHPian

Can anyone please shed some light on how this crude oil commodity exchanges function (nymex,etc)?
Old 18th June 2008, 09:23   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Don't know how close this is for you - try the IOC bunk on Lattice Bridge Road, Adayar. I filled in normal unleaded as recently as Sunday morning.

Noticed that these guys don't sell normal diesel though.

In Bangalore, I found normal unleaded at the IOC bunk on Airport Road at Marathahalli.
I filled in normal petrol @ ~58.xx Rs./Ltr y/day (17/Jun) in the gas pump opposite Manipal Hospital on (Old) Airport Road
Old 18th June 2008, 09:48   #83
Senior - BHPian

I guess in couple of days fuel prices mgith come down in karnataka, Lets hope for the best!

Ravi.
Old 18th June 2008, 09:51   #84
BHPian

Hyderabad Team, How is the Petrol bunk just adjacent to Pride Honda showroom near madhapur. It is a Company owned and Company operated bunk. I filled in normal petrol here last sunday(15th March). Is it a good petrol bunk as it is company owned? Any prior experiences with this bunk. Pl. share your thoughts. Thanks
Old 18th June 2008, 10:00   #85
BHPian

I tanked up today at IOC company owned pump opposite Hyatt.
Again only premium Diesel available, the attendant said that the company has stopped supplying normal diesel to company owned pumps , i have been tanking up at this pump because i somehow feel that the quantity and quality is good.
All the times i have filled up from here, I have got mileage around 21. Moreover I dont find my car emitting black smoke because of premium diesel.

Need your suggestions guys, should i continue with premium fuel or try the normal from a private pump to see how it reflects in the mileage figures?
[My car is a Swift VDi, about a month old and has 1700Kms on the odo.]

The only time i had filled up from a private pump was when i tanked the car up after taking delivery and it returned a mileage of 18.

Any inputs will be much appreciated.

Last edited by revved_up : 18th June 2008 at 10:06.
Old 18th June 2008, 10:06   #86
BHPian

There was a detailed story about this on Zee Business yesterday. The oil marketing companies are cutting supply of normal diesel to pumps in metros by 40-45% and are pushing for sales of branded fuel instead as a desperate measure to cut losses. They have a targeted sales of 45-50% for branded fuel this fiscal. Last fiscal, branded fuel accounted for 35% of total sales in metros. If a pump is refusing to provide you with ordinary fuel then I suppose they are doing it on purpose. You should ask them to give you in writing and then follow it up.
Old 18th June 2008, 10:08   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Hyderabad Team, How is the Petrol bunk just adjacent to Pride Honda showroom near madhapur. It is a Company owned and Company operated bunk. I filled in normal petrol here last sunday(15th March). Is it a good petrol bunk as it is company owned? Any prior experiences with this bunk. Pl. share your thoughts. Thanks

dont know about the petrol, but I regularly fill Diesel from this IBP bunk, and my Safari runs much better with diesel from here than the IOC bunk in Madhapur or the BP bunk in Jubilee hills.

so I am guessing if the diesel is good, the petrol may not be too bad either.
Old 18th June 2008, 10:16   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
and by the time they recoup their artificial losses, oil will rise again.
Old 18th June 2008, 10:17   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
the attendant said that the company has stopped supplying normal diesel to company owned pumps
I stopped for normal diesel at IOC pump (non-COCO but reliable) in Rohini. HE refused normal diesel saying its not available from the company. Did not believe him.

Tanked up normal IOC diesel today morning at the Dwarka COCO outlet.
Old 18th June 2008, 10:32   #90
Senior - BHPian

This malady is there in smaller towns as well.Yesterday, whilst driving from Nainital to Dehradun ,I stopped at an IBP pump at Nagina. These folks sell only premium fuel in a two horse town. There were no dispensers for normal fuel. Later I tenkesd up at a pump near dehradun with ordinary unleaded petrol.

Most Viewed