Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2008, 10:27   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I stopped for normal diesel at IOC pump (non-COCO but reliable) in Rohini. HE refused normal diesel saying its not available from the company. Did not believe him.

Tanked up normal IOC diesel today morning at the Dwarka COCO outlet.
Lucky you!

Eddy, there is another IOC COCO pump on the Bharti Colege road(the road that comes from hari nagar depot towards janakpuri).I was not aware that it was COCO, but i saw this COCO board on it this morning.

Any idea how good it is?
Otherwise the other IOC pump to get normal diesel is the one behind post office Janakpuri. But since you said to stay away from it, I have never been there.

Last edited by revved_up : 19th June 2008 at 10:29.
Old 19th June 2008, 10:54   #92
Senior - BHPian

COCO Indianoil pump at Nehru Place had regular as well as premium Petrol yesterday. Specifically checked when I topped up the Fiesta
Old 19th June 2008, 11:06   #93
BHPian

The IOC COCO pump opposite hyatt is also supplying the normal petrol.
Its just the normal diesel that they are not stocking!

Last edited by revved_up : 19th June 2008 at 11:07. Reason: Major typo!
Old 19th June 2008, 13:22   #94
Senior - BHPian

I heard In Karnataka Fuel prices will dip slightly.

Petrol: 1.35 paisa less
Deisel: 65 paisa less
LPG cylinder: 10 rs less.

State governmant wanted coordination from centre but since both are opposite parties there will be tug of war always as usual. So decrease is only 50% of whats proposed.

Its better than worst situation I hope.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 19th June 2008, 13:34   #95
BHPian

Cheating

I am also facing same situation in most delhi IOC CoCo pumps , infact i have also put in a complaint at COCO pump Punjabi Bagh but nothing happened .

Even after the fuel price has been hiked at 5 Rs and not rolled back ( at least in delhi ) why does company have to use these cheating tactics .

I am sure if some one takes this as Public Interest Litigation , they will be forced to stock regular oil. Now people will stop purchasing from COCO outlet and maybe then govt will sell these bunks out mostly to relatives of political leaders.

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 19th June 2008 at 13:48.
Old 19th June 2008, 13:38   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up
The IOC COCO pump opposite hyatt is also supplying the normal petrol.
Its just the normal diesel that they are not stocking!

Yes in fact they use to give free Nitrogen filling , but that also has stopped for last 3 months.

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 19th June 2008 at 13:44.
Old 19th June 2008, 13:50   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Lucky you!

Eddy, there is another IOC COCO pump on the Bharti Colege road(the road that comes from hari nagar depot towards janakpuri).I was not aware that it was COCO, but i saw this COCO board on it this morning.

Any idea how good it is?
Otherwise the other IOC pump to get normal diesel is the one behind post office Janakpuri. But since you said to stay away from it, I have never been there.
If you are talking about the Nirula's wala pump, then I have tried it and is good.

The one behind the post office is a sucker in both quality and quantity. Confirmed by more than 2 users.
Old 19th June 2008, 14:13   #98
Senior - BHPian

Tanked up premium petrol from COCO IOC Pump opposite Nehru Place, they had normal petrol in-stock as well.
Old 19th June 2008, 22:54   #99
BHPian

ok guys.. chill out!!

Beer is cheaper .................................!!
Attached Thumbnails
Only branded, costlier fuel in metros-beercheaperthangas.jpg  

Old 20th June 2008, 23:27   #100
BHPian

It cant get any worse ..

Went to the petrol pump today to get the diesel filled and when told to fill the normal diesel ,the guy looked at me and scratched his head in confusion and said 'sir aisa hai ki normal diesel co. se kafi kum aa raha hai ,isliye wo hamare paas bohut limited hai' . I came out of the car and showed him a fifty Rs note and thats when the work was done ...

Since Skoda auto recommends normal diesel , i had no option but to pay the price of the Premium diesel to get the normal one but i am not sure how far it will work .
Old 21st June 2008, 00:04   #101
Senior - BHPian

As soon as all the major cities move on to Euro 4, the entire India will be moving to Euro 3, then I just hope Premium fuel is not the only fuel available all over the country.

And those selected cities will now have Super premium fuel.

This is really disgusting, and fishy move.
Old 21st June 2008, 10:59   #102
BHPian

I read in the papar somewhere yesterday, bunks in Kolkata are going on a 3 day strike to oppose the move, I seriously hope this system does not come into place, don't superior fule have fule addictives, even my car manul states I should not use fule with addictives, then why should I be forced to by fule with addictives and damage my cr as well.

Mod's Note: Please read your post very carefully after typing, before you click that submit button. If required run a spellchecker through it. I think you know what I mean; if not please do read what you have typed above. I have left it all unedited. Your post qualifies for a Poor Readability tag and the resultant action.

Last edited by Zappo : 24th June 2008 at 19:01.
Old 21st June 2008, 17:15   #103
Senior - BHPian

In Bangalore also same story! HP Bunk COCO one, they have only Premium, I really doubt if its really normal. Their manager told me normal fuel stock is very less now a days and slowly they started recomanding people saying that use premium get better pickup and FE. He also told me this move is to cover the loss. He says normal fuel comes with lot of adultration. Then I said Premium fuel adultration is less ? He said try and see how best it is in comparision.

I suspect they sell normal fuel with Premium color, there is something fishy here for sure.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 21st June 2008, 23:57   #104
BHPian

I had been to the HPCL petrol station on MG road Gurgaon (near Iffco Chowk and the last 2 times I was told normal fuel is out of stock. Does any one else know of any other HPCL COCO in Gurgaon
Old 22nd June 2008, 05:40   #105
BHPian

Guys in bombay iam filling normal diesel in my verna, thou here there is no problem yet.

Most Viewed