Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2008, 13:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

I don think its true ! Wonder how long is the waiting period for the Limited Edition . Anyways i have not received any info from dealers about this as of now. So not sure if its concrete info.
Old 18th May 2008, 22:28   #17
BHPian

"Limited Edition" Vs "Dealer Edition" DZiRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Can't be. It has to be a dealer edition. Please reconfirm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
i to think its a dealer edition as we are in a process of buying one and i wasn't told by sale person about any limited edition
Checked with my friend. He was told it is a "Limited Edition" DZiRE and that the first batch had only ten cars in all of India. When I told him the suggestions made in this forum about "Dealer Edition" he was surprised and told me that "Yes, the booking of the car was in the dealer's name!" Guess you guys are right; it does sound like a "Dealer Edition" to the two of us now! However neither have us have heard anything like this before. All the same, it looks like he has got a great VFM deal!
Old 18th May 2008, 22:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

the same was offered to me by Sai Service on a Normal LDI with the add on price of Rs 60 thousand.. its not limited edition but its all dealer isntalled.
Old 18th May 2008, 23:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
That's right. They've all been limited editions
Exactly. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Had been to the M.A.S.S today for some minor work on my car and heard from the salesman that the waiting period for the car is 6-7 months and that they are finding it difficult to manage the customers.

Last edited by rr_zen : 18th May 2008 at 23:17.
Old 19th May 2008, 07:13   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Had been to the M.A.S.S today for some minor work on my car and heard from the salesman that the waiting period for the car is 6-7 months and that they are finding it difficult to manage the customers.
Checked up at Indore. The waiting period for any Diesel Dzire is approx 5 months. As for petrol the waiting period is 2-3 months. But then again they refuse to give it in writing!!
Old 19th May 2008, 08:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

why dont the owner of thread post a picture if its his friends car, that way doubts are cleared if any.
Old 19th May 2008, 11:12   #22
BHPian

He is right in calling the vehicle as limited edition.....MSIL is suppying the vehicle at such a rate that all Dzire vehicles should be called as
LIMITED EDITION...
Old 19th May 2008, 11:15   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
A friend of mine has bought a "Limited Edition" Maruti Suzuki DZiRE diesel in Metallic Sovereign Blue color from a Chennai dealer.

Badged an Ldi, it has the following company (not dealer) fitted additions: Power windows, central locking, single DIN DVD head unit with speakers, body color bumpers, fog lamps, alloy wheels, leather seats/ seat covers in black, faux wood inserts etc.

All this for an on-road price of 6.12 Lakhs which is probably as much as a DZiRE Vdi costs. Seems like excellent VFM.
Power windows, central locking, speakers, body color bumpers, fog lamps, alloy wheels
All the above features are there is VDi except alloy wheels which are there inZDi model.

All the like all the above features are dealer fitted in LDi model.
Old 19th May 2008, 11:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

Guys there are threads for discussing the delay in Maruti's cars delivery.

Lets stick to the topic please.

coming back to topic I agree with others the features are more or less similar to the Vdi.

Akshaye: All of the Swifts\Dzires variants come with body color bumpers.
Old 21st May 2008, 22:07   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
i to think its a dealer edition as we are in a process of buying one and i wasn't told by sale person about any limited edition
Have you got the dealer edition of DZiRE diesel? Does it have the same feature set as my friend's car?

Since when have these dealer editions been available? Do all car manufacturers in India have them?
Old 21st May 2008, 22:24   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Have you got the dealer edition of DZiRE diesel? Does it have the same feature set as my friend's car?

Since when have these dealer editions been available? Do all car manufacturers in India have them?
AFAIK, dealer edition (that others have used here) is not a particular edition that a manufacturer offers. Its just that the dealer offers some freebies to push the sales of the lower end version.

My friend got himself a Swift LDi, with all the features of the VDi at much less price than the VDi. It sounded like a bargain of an offer to him. However, soon, all (ya, all of it!) the extra dealer fittings started to complain.

If the offers your friend got had nothing to do with the company as such, the dealer probably talked (fooled) him into buying an LDi (which is rather slow selling compared to the VDi), with extra accessories fitted at the dealership, at the same time paying for it too.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 21st May 2008 at 22:25.
Old 21st May 2008, 23:07   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
My friend got himself a Swift LDi, with all the features of the VDi at much less price than the VDi.
Including the tachometer ?
Old 22nd May 2008, 00:23   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Including the tachometer ?
i dont think so.
but an external fitting is possible.

BTW why is the owner of the thread not posting the pics.
Old 22nd May 2008, 01:03   #29
BHPian

Its not a limited version...It is the dealer version..No doubt if they are providing sunroof etc the buyer will get a warranty from the dealer side but not from MUL. In Bangalore Bimal Auto does the same thing. I am sure Bimal might have come with Dzire limited edition too. They have a limited edition for all cars from the MUL stable. Not sure of Dzire though.
Old 30th May 2008, 22:41   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
why dont the owner of thread post a picture if its his friends car, that way doubts are cleared if any.
Checked with my friend again since all of us have doubts as to what the dealer has told him about his car being a "Limited Edition." There is no variation in what he has already said which is what I have posted. Here is my friend's email id for any direct clarification which he is ready to offer - lakshmipathy560@yahoo.co.in

Will try to upload a photograph as early as possible. Will also try to check with the concerned sales executive directly. And yes, nowhere in the vehicle's exterior did I see the term "Limited Edition"
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks