Team-BHP - Maruti DZiRE "Limited Edition" Diesel
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti DZiRE "Limited Edition" Diesel (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/39795-maruti-dzire-limited-edition-diesel.html)

A friend of mine has bought a "Limited Edition" Maruti Suzuki DZiRE diesel in Metallic Sovereign Blue color from a Chennai dealer.

Badged an Ldi, it has the following company (not dealer) fitted additions: Power windows, central locking, single DIN DVD head unit with speakers, body color bumpers, fog lamps, alloy wheels, leather seats/ seat covers in black, faux wood inserts etc.

All this for an on-road price of 6.12 Lakhs which is probably as much as a DZiRE Vdi costs. Seems like excellent VFM. :thumbs up

the ldi dosent normally have body coloured bumpers?

Can't be. It has to be a dealer edition. Please reconfirm.

MUL is totally unable to meet the demand how can they bring limited edition?

Nope boss. Nothing like that in Delhi.

Some thing's fishy here! Its been just 2 months max that its launched and a limited edition already? Is "limited" sticker put anywhere on the car? Maurti does normally put it (remember Esteem). I feel this was either a demo car with all color changed or a something else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 833527)

+1 to that this must be those lame dealer cars. they had convertible swift for 8 laks and sunroof swift for 7 laks and what not nonsense.

Why would Maruti come out with a limited edition which boasts of things like power widows and all :eek:
They already have it on the VDi, this is surely the dealer souped up version, or should i say "A desperate attempt to convert a LDi into a VDi".

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 833527)

That's right. They've all been limited editions :uncontrol

Looks like a Bimal Edition to me, they have done that to the regular swift too. LDi must not be having demand.

MUL can't make normal DeZires and are taking 15 months :D

And then they come out with a Limited Edition - Wah Wah !! I think its a Dealer Edition.

i to think its a dealer edition as we are in a process of buying one and i wasn't told by sale person about any limited edition

funny bit is if you buy petrol vxi waiting is 6 to 9 months and lxi you can get in 1 month. how they are doing it im not sure. i know one delivery happening next week of a lxi booking done a month back

MSIL is not able to meet the growing demand of the normal Diesel Dzires itself. How come they are launching the Ltd Edn and that too so early? This car is just launched around a couple of months ago. Can you post the linky if MSIL has really done so.

Was curious on this news so called up the local dealer and he said he has not heard of any limited editions.

Also I asked him if the 15 month waiting period was true - he said NO !! Here it is around 3-4 weeks.

He says MUL is having some sort of internal problems at their plant so production is delayed of these newer cars like Swift & DeZire. Other cars are available with huge discounts like 40k on a WagonR and off the shelf. He says he has 6 SX4's standing there, ready to be picked if I want with a 25 + 15k discount !!!