Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2008, 21:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

The new Optra Magnum advt on TV clearly shows climate control in the car. BUT, why did GM launch ACC so quietly?
Old 26th May 2008, 21:29   #17
BHPian

congrats students! post some pics :-)
Old 27th May 2008, 17:49   #18
BHPian

There are some talks about retractable OVRMs also. Is this also included?
Old 27th May 2008, 22:16   #19
BHPian

took a test drive of optra magnum today (from vijay motors, bangalore). Cat didn't have climate control or electrically retractable mirrors. But the sales person mentioned that a new version is coming next month, and it will have climate control and may be retractable mirrors also. He said he will confirm this in another week.

One more thing I noticed is driver seat of magnum does not have enough thigh support. overall its not comfortable for a tall person. Strangely, I had driven magnum last year and did not notice this. Is there any changes to seats done in last one year. Now this is one thing which is pulling me back from magnum. comfortable driver seat is of high priority for me as my fusion has very small seats and its really uncomfortable for long journeys.

Heard that previous versions of optra has larger seats. Any idea on this? is it possible to get those seats fixed on magnum?
Old 28th May 2008, 10:18   #20

yes auto climate control is now standard but the mirrors arent retractable, i just got myself a new one this week
Old 28th May 2008, 11:16   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wierd_san View Post
yes auto climate control is now standard but the mirrors arent retractable, i just got myself a new one this week
Does it have the same Alpine HU?
Also, did find the driver seat a bit small?
Old 28th May 2008, 17:43   #22
BHPian

Not sure if you mean retractable mirrors as electrically adjustable side mirrors ...if its so .. it does have it.
Old 28th May 2008, 19:07   #23
BHPian

u have to adjust the drivers seat its got manual adjustment for height and tilt
also any idea how much it may cost to replace the manual controls for ac with automatic cc and cost of the electric retarcting side mirrors available on the petrol model
Old 28th May 2008, 19:08   #24
BHPian

The sales person at Vijay motors said my car is expected around 7th June. He also told me he will be able to confirm Climate control by 30th of thid month. Somehow I am not very happy as they had promised delivery within 10 days (they had placed the order on 21st May.
Old 28th May 2008, 20:18   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
u have to adjust the drivers seat its got manual adjustment for height and tilt
also any idea how much it may cost to replace the manual controls for ac with automatic cc and cost of the electric retarcting side mirrors available on the petrol model
I tried all combination of height, tilt and lumbar adjustments, still couldn't find a comfortable seating position. I read somewhere that magnum seats are smaller than the old optra seats. is it true? I had driven the old optra long time back. Don't remember having any problem with the seat.
Old 29th May 2008, 00:44   #26
BHPian

Quote:
The sales person at Vijay motors said my car is expected around 7th June. He also told me he will be able to confirm Climate control by 30th of thid month. Somehow I am not very happy as they had promised delivery within 10 days (they had placed the order on 21st May
Very sad to know that ... my vehicle with ACC was delivered within 2 days .. he said i can take the delivery the same day ..but i had to pay by cheque ... so took the deliver once it was cleared.

Quote:
I tried all combination of height, tilt and lumbar adjustments, still couldn't find a comfortable seating position. I read somewhere that magnum seats are smaller than the old optra seats. is it true? I had driven the old optra long time back. Don't remember having any problem with the seat.
Magnum has the best seating comfort in its class .. whether its tall or short ... seats are huge and i dont find any problem...

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th May 2008 at 08:56. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 5th June 2008, 15:34   #27
BHPian

Still waiting for the car, the people from Vijay motors do not have any clue when it is coming. I believe there are some excise problems as the car will go above 10lac ex showroom, hence the delay in Karnataka as our system works this way The person at Vijay motors also kind of gave me a hint that there might be a sharp increase in price here, They are saying things between the excise dept & GM should get sorted out by 12th or 13 June. The cars will be sent only after that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks