Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2008, 18:50   #1
BHPian

Optra Magnum with Automatic Climate Control

I just visited Orange Auto in Hyderabad. Was pleased to know that optra has auto climate control now from this week. It will cost around 10K extra for this.

I booked a cashmere color optra .. i was shocked to see cashmere color looks grey unlike the green shown in the chevy site.
Old 20th May 2008, 01:24   #2
BHPian

Congrats on ur purchase, Students! Gem of a car, and rocket powered!

I have been to Orange on Saturday for the same car, want to replace our Getz with it, but dropped the idea as no automatic tranny! Also other main reason being, dad found its dashboard not as good as civic! ONe moment he appreciates the lovely dash of the civic, and then next, its ruled out due to being petrol!

I just hate these auto companies as to why they dont get auto trannies in todays world! Skoda should start coachings them!

Last edited by Insane Devil : 20th May 2008 at 01:26.
Old 20th May 2008, 09:20   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by students View Post
I just visited Orange Auto in Hyderabad. Was pleased to know that optra has auto climate control now from this week. It will cost around 10K extra for this.

I booked a cashmere color optra .. i was shocked to see cashmere color looks grey unlike the green shown in the chevy site.

Is climate control available for both diesel and petrol or is it only for petrol?
Old 20th May 2008, 09:24   #4
BHPian

congrats on your new car! and welcome to the Chevy family
Old 20th May 2008, 15:33   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stable rock View Post
Is climate control available for both diesel and petrol or is it only for petrol?
Available for both, but cost around 15k more just for the Automatic Climate Control!
Old 20th May 2008, 15:39   #6
BHPian

What is the OTR price of Optra Magnum? If it is in the range of 9lacs+ can they not offer automatic climate control as a standard feature and with no extra cost? Btw, does it have ABS and airbags??
Old 20th May 2008, 16:52   #7
BHPian

Congrats Student! Cashmere is an awesome color (actually it is more "golden" than gray or green). GM has a color called Mountain Mist (or something similar) that is a shade of Green - I have seen it only in UVA so far. Is the climate control available in all variants? which variant did you go for (ls/lt/base)?
Old 20th May 2008, 21:00   #8
BHPian

I dont think the climate control is available in all variants .. it is only in LT as in price sheet i could see All features of LT + ACC option.
Old 21st May 2008, 13:10   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by students View Post
I dont think the climate control is available in all variants .. it is only in LT as in price sheet i could see All features of LT + ACC option.
I just checked with both the showrooms in Bangalore regarding the climate control AC but both the showrooms said that their is no such option for magnum diesel.
My friend was going to book the magnum today in Cochin.He too told me that there is no Climate control AC available as of now for magnum diesel.
Old 21st May 2008, 15:14   #10
BHPian

Well, I am 1000% sure it is available, coz i have seen a Diesel Optra Magnum with the dealer which had Auto Climate Control in it. I saw it in his godown of brandnew cars. I went there to check out how the interiors are of the LT model, as he had an LS model on display.
Old 21st May 2008, 16:33   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Well, I am 1000% sure it is available, coz i have seen a Diesel Optra Magnum with the dealer which had Auto Climate Control in it. I saw it in his godown of brandnew cars. I went there to check out how the interiors are of the LT model, as he had an LS model on display.
Might be the dealers in Bangalore and Cochin want to clear of their old stock Magnum's without climate control AC.
Old 21st May 2008, 19:24   #12
BHPian

Have they changed the alpine HU in LT or is it retained ? In the TV ad, the HU looks different
Old 22nd May 2008, 00:47   #13
BHPian

Well i got my car delivered today and it has climate control .. I will post you the pics tommorow..
Old 22nd May 2008, 08:31   #14
BHPian

congrats on your new purchase!!enjoy the ride
Old 22nd May 2008, 11:12   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Students. Enjoy your new ride!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks