Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2008, 08:20   #31
Senior - BHPian

Good find. Looks much better than what is presently sold.
I think that it is coming in August.
Old 20th May 2008, 08:47   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadinc View Post
Well Said Fred.

Who cares when you have a car which will last you a lifetime.
You aint gonna sell it soon are you ?
Egg-jhaktly !!! Aint going to sell for atleast 6-7 years.Will be happy if I get 3-4 lacs after that.
By the way when is it coming.Had recently talked to the salesperson who sold me my car, he said still no news from company.
Old 20th May 2008, 08:48   #33
Senior - BHPian

Imagine this . This is the car Toyota came out with after redesigning it again on seeing the latest gen civic . So how boring would have been the original design ?
Old 20th May 2008, 09:18   #34
Senior - BHPian

Nice Pics there. Too heavily watermarked I must say !!

Last pic looks somewhat like the Accord. Lets wait and see when it launches.
Old 20th May 2008, 09:24   #35
BHPian

Great work Aravind.The front looks good,somehow i didn't like the reflector placed on the rear bumper.Is there any chance of it launching with petrol and diesel options?
Old 20th May 2008, 10:18   #36
BHPian

Am I seeing things or am I seeing things ?? Did I notice turn indicators on the ORVMs of the new Corolla (1st pic) ??

The design from the initial looks of it, does not appeal to me at all and I am disappointed that Toyota chose to dish out this fare after making us wait for more than a year. However, having said that, the initial looks could be misleading with the covered tail lights et al.....would be worth seeing it in full public view first before passing a final judgement.
Old 20th May 2008, 10:36   #37
Senior - BHPian

Nice find Aravind.
Looks definitely better than the current gen. But, is that enough to counter the Civic? And, a diesel is required in the lineup.
Old 20th May 2008, 10:41   #38
BANNED

This is simply a superb scoop. I don't see any reason why so many people call the design BORING. Wonder how Optra, Elantra, OHC, Octavia and the likes grew up in such a market.

I agree Honda Civic is a space-age car, but even its got it own drawbacks compared to current corolla like no easy ingress-egress, low ground clearance, less mileage, design will not appeal to some and more expensive car than Corolla.

Performance wise IMO current 125BHP corolla has far better throttle response and can build up speeds real quick compared the 135BHP civic, please don't bash me for this statement because I have done experiments related to this over a stretch of 250kms!
Old 20th May 2008, 10:45   #39
BHPian

Great Scoop Buddy!
The car looks somewhat similar to the Accord from the front and Optra from the back.
If toyota gives a diesel option, it can sure give its competitors a run for their money.
Old 20th May 2008, 11:02   #40
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Fantastic scoop, Aravind. Thanks for sharing this with Team-BHP.

Somehow, the Corolla looks better on Indian roads (than in press pictures), but still does have a boring side to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
So how boring would have been the original design ?
Valid point. For those who are not aware of this bit of news....apparently Toyota was so shocked on seeing the new Civic that they ran back to the design studio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittalnrv View Post
I agree Honda Civic is a space-age car, but even its got it own drawbacks compared to current corolla like no easy ingress-egress, low ground clearance, less mileage, design will not appeal to some and more expensive car than Corolla.
Valid points there, Vittal. The Corolla will be a "practical" alternative to the Civic. It does have a higher stance, and Toyota may offer it with a diesel too.
Old 20th May 2008, 11:58   #41
BHPian

Nice scoop there. The front looks much better now, though tad plain jane. But did i see a volvo kind of design for the back side.
Old 20th May 2008, 12:02   #42
BHPian

As expected, it is a mini-Camry. Expect the price to be significantly higher than the outgoing model. I expect atleast a 60-80k price bump or even more.
Old 20th May 2008, 12:05   #43
Senior - BHPian

really good scoop ! the car look exciting but definitely not exciting enough to beat the civic
Old 20th May 2008, 12:59   #44
Senior - BHPian

That's some find Aravind.... Your scoop made my job -of shortlisting my next car- more easy; the Corolla was not included in the list before, and it is now going to remain out of the list. Cool.

So, the entire Toyota management guys are not in deep sleep as we suspected, some are still awake and in their senses.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 20th May 2008 at 13:03.
Old 20th May 2008, 13:11   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
That's some find Aravind.... Your scoop made my job -of shortlisting my next car- more easy; the Corolla was not included in the list before, and it is now going to remain out of the list. Cool.

So, the entire Toyota management guys are not in deep sleep as we suspected, some are still awake and in their senses.
Didnt get you. You like it or not ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks