Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2008, 19:56   #76
Senior - BHPian

It's utterly disappointing :(
Both front and rear look bad.

And then no Diesel in this country of distorted gasoline pricing.

Last edited by ST7677 : 16th June 2008 at 19:57.
Old 16th June 2008, 20:31   #77
Senior - BHPian

finally toyota, shows sines of being active

any idea how much it could cost, do you guys think it will be above 11 lacs?
Old 16th June 2008, 21:38   #78
Senior - BHPian

It looks much better now. And its utterly disappointing that D4-D is not coming. If launched, they could eat anything in their way.
Old 17th June 2008, 02:55   #79
BHPian

Actually i was with the guys from Toyota's "Product Planning Division" doing a survey on the "small car".They actually said that they don't want to launch the corolla with a D4-D because it may Cannibalize the Innova Sales . Weird huh ? Doesn't make any sense to me too but They were from Toyota Right ? Maybe They Would Know Better . But I Think It's just plain DUMB.
Old 17th June 2008, 03:34   #80
BHPian

From the exterior in many angles,the new corolla is just a down sized Camry..New camry hit the roads about an year back, so the new corolla looks like an old model -
Old 17th June 2008, 03:46   #81
BHPian

The car still manages to look elegant as per the last pics posted. A little Camry-isk but not so bloated. Should be a good Executive car instead of a poser or flashy car like CIVIC. Should give good competition to the likes of Optra, Civic and take away a few of Octavia customers as well, diesel or no diesel.
Old 17th June 2008, 07:15   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Actually i was with the guys from Toyota's "Product Planning Division" doing a survey on the "small car".They actually said that they don't want to launch the corolla with a D4-D because it may Cannibalize the Innova Sales . Weird huh ? Doesn't make any sense to me too but They were from Toyota Right ? Maybe They Would Know Better . But I Think It's just plain DUMB.
Well, the other way of looking at it is that by not doing it they have allowed Honda, GM and Skoda to severely cannibalized sales of the Corolla!
Old 17th June 2008, 08:52   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They actually said that they don't want to launch the corolla with a D4-D because it may Cannibalize the Innova Sales .
IMO that is the dumbest reason I have ever heard. Innova or corolla aren't both toyota ? If the innova sales do get reduced they can manufacture the fortuner too. ( I heard both of them use the same chassis )
Old 17th June 2008, 09:39   #84
BHPian

We can say anything right now but you guys don't know our frustrations when we hear dumb stuff like that from Toyota Guys, cause the corolla used to be our bread and butter but after the civic was launched we were literally at the bottom of the Food chain. The car which once had up to three months waiting period was now readily available and nobody wanted it, then when the new low end version was launched , people started pouring in comparing it between anything from Swift to Honda City VTEC , Those Were the days I wanted to kill myself , but anyway now any Toyota Sales Person can live with a little more dignity .
Old 17th June 2008, 10:08   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
IMO that is the dumbest reason I have ever heard. Innova or corolla aren't both toyota ? If the innova sales do get reduced they can manufacture the fortuner too. ( I heard both of them use the same chassis )
The entirely baseless reason that it will eat into Innova sales. Innova targets a different segment altogether. Forget fortuner, even the new corolla wont be available with diesel, then how can you expect Fortuner.
Old 17th June 2008, 13:01   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Currently they wont give the 2.0 D4D. Probably they might give that engine one year down the line after they launch the car.

The car looks good, not flashy but surely looks good. The car in silver and pearl white will be good for me (again looks are subjective).
Old 17th June 2008, 13:19   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
The entirely baseless reason that it will eat into Innova sales. Innova targets a different segment altogether.
Thinking simply in terms of vehicle classifications, the Innova would appear in a very different segment compared to the Corolla.

However, as we had discussed in one previous thread- Why not innova? It offers many things and more than the Corolla at a good price as well. Of course its an MUV, compared to Corolla's sedan status. But leaving that apart, Innova does offer a lot! Diesel option, practicality, extra seats, Toyota badge, good quality levels (Corolla in India has been critised for being built to a price), good handling and more adds to the list.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...pe-innova.html
Old 17th June 2008, 14:05   #88
BHPian

Found more pics at jeddahboys.com/vb/JB122436.html

Ofcourse, could not understand a single word. Anyone for translation?
Old 17th June 2008, 15:51   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It confirms that toyota management is smoking something I wouldn't want to. Innova and Corolla target very different segments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
However, as we had discussed in one previous thread- Why not innova? It offers many things and more than the Corolla at a good price as well. Of course its an MUV, compared to Corolla's sedan status. But leaving that apart, Innova does offer a lot! Diesel option, practicality, extra seats, Toyota badge, good quality levels (Corolla in India has been critised for being built to a price), good handling and more adds to the list.
So, all the more reason Toyota shouldn't worry about cannibalizing Innova's sales. There is a market for a comfortable diesel sedan in that segment. Corolla has the most comfortable back seat in that segment (Civic, Corolla, Octavia, Cedia). Once it gets a diesel, it will do very well in chauffeur driven segment.

Last edited by hondadude : 17th June 2008 at 15:56.
Old 17th June 2008, 17:34   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi.Knight View Post
Found more pics at jeddahboys.com/vb/JB122436.html

Ofcourse, could not understand a single word. Anyone for translation?
google it out dude:

translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fjeddahboys.com%2Fvb%2FJB1 22436.html&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sl=ar&tl=en

interesting but will this be the corolla being launched in India.
Havent read the rest of the post at time of posting this.
So please excuse if it is

Last edited by motorheadinc : 17th June 2008 at 17:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks