Team-BHP - Skoda's MUV Roomster in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Skoda's MUV Roomster in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/39909-skodas-muv-roomster-india.html)

"The Roomster will be produced in India in the C segment and attract a price tag of Rs 8-10 lakh. This would pitch it against existing segment leader Toyota Innova, Chevrolet Tavera and Tata Grande Sumo." - Hindustan Times.

Its a good move for Skoda, as they are planning for a small car, MUV and an SUV. But I do not think Skoda will do for a low price. This MUV will be certainly priced above 11L+, I agree Fabia is a good product, But I wonder how people spend 8+L for a small car.

Skoda is also planning for Fabia Combi (is it a trend to extend the boots of every car?) will be priced for 9+ lakh, for the money you will get Bigger sedans like Corolla etc.

BTW, Roomster looks like an Ambulance to me.

Its looks like Fabia with a big tummy.

Nice pricing.

Knowing Skoda's way of pricing, I would not be surprised to see the Roomster with a Tag of 13 Lacs + !!

Who will buy it ? No I think I maybe wrong, they are still plenty who will probably wait & queue up for it as it's a SKODA :D

Skoda Roomster 2 1.9 TDI | Road Tests, Auto Features

Quote:

There is a lot of room for four adults, plus one much smaller person in the small central rear seat.

As for luggage, Skoda is - I think, but I'm sure I would have remembered anyone else doing this - the only company to claim that one of its products can carry a small flock of sheep.

The load area isn't particularly long, and I found that a keyboard which can normally be placed front-to-back even in hatchbacks one size up had to be placed diagonally in the Roomster. This is a car which is better suited to carrying tall objects than long ones.

I am ROFL...buying an MUV costing 10L+ and you can seat only 5 and cant even carry a keyboard?

I guess Skoda India folks were drinking bootlegged Czech whisky when they decided on the price. What bothers me even more is that they do find Indian buyers for these overpriced white elephants!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by agbenny (Post 836296)
"The Roomster will be produced in India in the C segment and attract a price tag of Rs 8-10 lakh"

Fabia has hardly around 20 % localisation and its priced so high. Wouldnt expect the Roomster to be priced bet. 8-10 lacs bracket. Lets see if Skoda
really sticks up to what it says.

What about the price of the car. The first entry of Skoda was with Octavia ( A4 ), and then they lost their pricing sense. Laura was too much for basically a new Octavia (A5).
Then came Fabia and with supernatural price tag, I really wonder how can they bring the mighty Innova down. I am exprecting 13.5-14 lakh for Roomster.

Whenever I look at a Fabia, I am curious to see the person driving who didn't even know or care about what he paid for what. In fact, I laugh in my mind.
People has different nature, Skoda has a product for people with a nature who don't know the value for money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agbenny (Post 836588)
Whenever I look at a Fabia, I am curious to see the person driving who didn't even know or care about what he paid for what. In fact, I laugh in my mind.
People has different nature, Skoda has a product for people with a nature who don't know the value for money.

Fabia is very highly overpriced. But it does target a specific market ( consisiting of the people you have listed in that above post ) where they dont want a 3 box car as they wont be using Fabia as a family car but only in the city. This is just what I guess.

Going by the fabia standards, there cannot be any doubts about the overpricing of Roomster. If priced sensibly with diesel from Octavia ( A4 ) it can really crack a segment that is ruled by Tavera and Innova. But if the overprice, they might/surely end up the Fabia way. Laura could make it because it was not looking like MPV, but like a proper sedan.
Roomster wont be that lucky.

That looks ugly :eek:

As if started making from a Fabia and ended up in a Sumo at the rear. Me totally no no for this. Anyways, 10 lakhs for a 5 people carrier is not worth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorsaLove (Post 836601)
That looks ugly :eek:

As if started making from a Fabia and ended up in a Sumo at the rear. Me totally no no for this. Anyways, 10 lakhs for a 5 people carrier is not worth.

I think that you meant to say, 10lakhs for a 5 seater MPV. We are paying more for sedans, but this is MPV so it has to be more utility oriented. Wheather in 5 or 8 people format, it has to be priced sensibly. I think that Skoda wont risk their Premium image and launch this car. Or may be now they are trying to lower themselves lower to make way for VW.

They could have just lowered their prices of the cars and service parts :p

Ok been viewing this forum since last year(this is my 1st post), have done test drives of safari and the sumo grande on my last visit to bombay in april (safari is sweet, grande is nice until you realise how bad the plastics are inside) anyway I live in UK at this time, I drive a 2002 ford focus estate(damn fine car) and my mother drives one of these ugly skoda roomsters(2007 model), this car is in no way an muv or mpv type vehicle, it's just a small van with seats, it's a nice drive, just what you would expect from a volksagan, but it is just plain ugly, the space inside doesn't justify being priced more than 7-8lac, it's just a weird looking car, what the point? there is many nicer cars in the price range which look so much better and have more space.

apologies for being over the top, just can't stand this car, it's too ugly and I feel strongly about it, it's embarrasing seeing my mother in this car!

anyway enough of my rant.

peace to all

Note from Support - Since this is the your 1st post, this is a friendly warning. We urge you to read the rules. Abusive language and dotty posting are a strict no in here.

Roomster is quite surprisingly quite thoughtfully priced but in the end it is a ugly muv.

don't get me wrong it's a decent ride when you're behind the wheel, my mama has the diesel version which gives 65 mpg which is around 24l/km my focus gives slightly less(also diesel) but is much roomier and is really the perfect car, I believe they are in the same class/size/price range also.

Regards,

Stefan