Team-BHP - Hyundai to hike prices (2%) 1000-18000 from 1st week of June
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai to hike prices (2%) 1000-18000 from 1st week of June (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/39956-hyundai-hike-prices-2-1000-18000-1st-week-june.html)

Hyundai will hike prices of cars including hatchback models Santro, i10, Getz along with sedans Accent, Verna, Sonata Embera in the country.

Price hike would be 2% which would be between 1000-18000.

So, all you people, considering to buy i10 or Verna or the newly facelifted Sonata Embara, HURRY UP. Prices would be increased form 1st week of June, 2008. :)

I am in the process of buying an i10 Magna - Is this news confirmed ? Would be a difference of 8000 then on my car. I just hate this - Maruti first and now Hyundai !!

Yes its confirmed if we go by the reports on Business Channels (CNBC, Zee Business & NDTV Profit).

That means all car companies will follow now. Inflation is really hitting us hard now.

Will speak to Hyundai and see what they say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 837768)
That means all car companies will follow now. Inflation is really hitting us hard now.

Will speak to Hyundai and see what they say.

they will deliver your car after the price hike like maruti is doinglol:.

but since there is waiting period i think you should hurry up,whats the point of losing rs 8000 on same car within few days.

Here it is:

financialexpress

The 1k to 18k figure is for MUL & not Hyundai

Spoke to Hyundai an hour back - he says the price hike is not confirmed, BUT he thinks it will happen soon as MUL has also done.

He says give a deposit of 5k or so and no price hike will be there for you.

Hmm, wonder when they will start to slash prices. Fuel prices are high enough as it is...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 837896)
Spoke to Hyundai an hour back - he says the price hike is not confirmed, BUT he thinks it will happen soon as MUL has also done.

He says give a deposit of 5k or so and no price hike will be there for you.

Usually the price on date of registration is considered as the price of the car. If they are taking booking of 5k means they already have stock of the car and they will sell you the same old model in stock which they got from hyundai in old price stock. If you cancel the booking then they will charge ~5k as cancellation money.

Here we go again. Now this would make overpriced cars like i10 even more overpriced:Frustrati.

@vkochar:
just confirm what will happen to 5k incase of cancellation.if you will get full refund back then there is no harm in giving 5k.
but if it is non-refundable then i think you should make your decision fast.

All companies will follow suit now. As the i/p costs have gone up drastically. The plastic parts, the fabric parts, the steel parts every thing have gone up. The crude is at $130/barrel today. Very difficult to maintain at the same cost. Even I saw the news of price increase in news CNBC today.

OT: Even the idli/dosas we eat at hotel are costing more nowadays leave alone automobiles. ;-(

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 837956)

OT: Even the idli/dosas we eat at hotel are costing more nowadays leave alone automobiles. ;-(

:uncontrol.
OT:if the cost doesnt go up,the quantity will go down .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat (Post 837860)
Here it is:

financialexpress

The 1k to 18k figure is for MUL & not Hyundai

Yes, you are right. I mis-read it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rediff
The company's move to hike prices follows rival Maruti [Get Quote] Suzuki India, which hiked prices last week across various models between Rs 1,000 and Rs 18,000.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 837743)
I am in the process of buying an i10 Magna - Is this news confirmed ? Would be a difference of 8000 then on my car. I just hate this - Maruti first and now Hyundai !!

Yes it is confirmed.
Here is the source: Hyundai to hike car prices by up to 2% in June

Yes, the money is refundable since I know the owner of the dealership personally. But why would I cancel once I pay ?

I feel i10 is the best small petrol car one can buy at its price. i10 Magna is costing me less than 4 Lacs OTR after discounts ( 3.96 L to be precise ). What more do I need ?

I have to sell my Santro tommorrow, lets see. Will keep you guys updated.