Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2009, 12:23   #31
BHPian

The last time I inquired at Concorde - Bangalore about Bravo, the sales chap told it is going to be assembled here to keep the costs down and will be launched some time early 2010. But his apparent naiveness and lack of knowledge about Linea itself made me not to take his words seriously. :(
Any updates, otherwise?
Old 22nd December 2009, 14:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Test mules arent like this, generally. But the car is certainly very aerodynamic. The rear lights though look somewhat sombre and dull. Tires are good in size and width. Hope it makes it here in production form. Would give the i20 a run for its money.
True, very aerodynamic. Quite bigger than i20 though, almost ANHC size if not more/same. The front though similar to Linea/Punto somehow looked sleeker / better.
Old 22nd December 2009, 14:08   #33
Senior - BHPian

It is a Fiat bravo. It could be a CBU, Indian production might have started as well. I wrote about it some months back.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...started-4.html

I'd love to own this car. I also love the music in the Italian Bravo ad

Last edited by clevermax : 22nd December 2009 at 14:11.
Old 22nd December 2009, 15:44   #34
BHPian

AFAIK, Fiat did sell few Bravos as CBU (i don't think many sold) before abandoning the project in favour of CKD units assembled at their Ranjangaon Plant to bring down costs considerably (CBU costed close to 25L!). There has also been news that the assembly has already started (as also mentioned in some posts here) and launch is in early 2010 and costs will be kept sub 20L range.

Anyways, a lot of FIAT chaps (at higher management levels) have these as company run-arounds and hence the private numbers.
Old 22nd December 2009, 16:35   #35
Senior - BHPian

The Fiat Bravo should hot heat up the market but anything over the 8 Lakh mark is going to be really hard to sell.
Old 22nd December 2009, 17:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

have spotted the maroon Bravo at Kurla mumbai many times with a red colored test plate MH 12 TC if i m not wrong have clicked many pics, once the driver fumed at me for clicking the pix too.
Old 22nd December 2009, 17:23   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
It is a Fiat bravo. It could be a CBU, Indian production might have started as well. I wrote about it some months back.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...started-4.html

I'd love to own this car. I also love the music in the Italian Bravo ad
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
AFAIK, Fiat did sell few Bravos as CBU (i don't think many sold) before abandoning the project in favour of CKD units assembled at their Ranjangaon Plant to bring down costs considerably (CBU costed close to 25L!). There has also been news that the assembly has already started (as also mentioned in some posts here) and launch is in early 2010 and costs will be kept sub 20L range.

Anyways, a lot of FIAT chaps (at higher management levels) have these as company run-arounds and hence the private numbers.

IIRC it is sold as CBU for 20lac or so in India. It part of brand image building excercise.
Old 22nd December 2009, 17:37   #38
Senior - BHPian

Bravia....Just happens tht we have crossed Fiat with SONY
Old 22nd December 2009, 17:39   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The rear lights though look somewhat sombre and dull.
Maybe its the day time thats making those tail lamps look dull. Check out the fantastic detailing in pictures attached in this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthym View Post
I had heard Fiat India's CEO Rajeev Kapoor drives around in one. And since Fiat's plant is based in Ranjangaon, there is a possibility the car belongs to him.
Had seen snaps of Mr. Kapoor with a Maroon Bravo on T-Bhp during the launch of Punto.
Yup, that would be me. Was there for the launch of GP in Mumbai and had the privilege of having a chat with Mr. Rajeev Kapoor and take a couple of snaps of his maroon Bravo. Posting the pics of Bravo again.
Attached Thumbnails
Has Fiat started selling the Bravo in India?-1.jpg  

Has Fiat started selling the Bravo in India?-p1000689.jpg  

Old 22nd December 2009, 18:42   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam Misra View Post
The FIAT website says that the 500 has only been launched in a few cities. The Bravo is "coming soon". Click here for the web link:
Fiat India

However one can see the Bravo in the Fiat TV commercial for the 500.

As far as the term "Bravia" is concerned its a TV from SONY.

The sedan from the Fiat stable is known as "Linea" and it is also slated to come sometime next year / Dec 2008 along with the Grande Punto.
WHICH YEAR WE ARE LIVING IN RIGHT NOW? seems to be its 2007, i guess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Great find indeed. Now lets all pray that Fiat launches the Brava soon and at an affordable price. Really would like to rip a Fiat rather than just lusting for an unaffordable one.
another new name BRAVA , ? i think its a male counterpart of bravia .
@ FIAT if at all you fail with the name BRAVO do consider the above names !
Old 22nd December 2009, 20:41   #41
BHPian

1.9 MJD on Bravo

Seems like FIAT India is looking to push Bravo with 1.9 MJD at least thats what the site states, so I think we should expect some special edition Lineas also with the 1.9 MJD . Here's the link to Bravo stating 1.9 MJD at FIAT India website
Fiat India
Old 22nd December 2009, 22:00   #42
BHPian

I believe bravo might be brought through CKD route. European parts, Indian assembly to keep costs low?
Old 22nd December 2009, 22:07   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
Seems like FIAT India is looking to push Bravo with 1.9 MJD at least thats what the site states, so I think we should expect some special edition Lineas also with the 1.9 MJD . Here's the link to Bravo stating 1.9 MJD at FIAT India website
Fiat India

"The price for the two-door Italian designed Fiat 500 Cinquecento will come at a price tag of Rs 12 lakh, while Fiat Bravo, a sporty five-door hatchback, will cost close to Rs 16 lakh."

http://www.******************/fiat-i...-lakh-16-lakh/

http://www.******************/wp-con...avo_int_01.jpg
Old 22nd December 2009, 22:19   #44
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

It's an ex-showroom price. The on-road price of the Bravo will surely touch 20-odd lacs. But it does look striking and hot from every angle and has massive presence for sure, not more than the 500 though.
Old 22nd December 2009, 23:00   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkplug View Post
Fiat CEO owns a Bravo. You can see one doing rounds in Pune... Maroon Color. There are couple of others used by Fiat Management.. lucky chaps!
I've seen a Fiat Bravo parked outside Bombay House (Tata HQ) a few times. Any guesses who owns it ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks