Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2008, 02:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
These things will only be a concept cars or designs.
True, but the motors or technology they use can be implemented in some other applications also. Chances are less but surely not impossible. And its always fun doing such things even when you know that it cannot be mass produced and it is impractical. Its not an easy job afterall. A lot of work must have gone into it. Lets not forget they are in college and still learning and have achieved something which most of us haven't even attempted in our graduations (irrespective of our finance/engineering/medical domains) years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
My cousin did his MS in Mechanical Design Systems at INSA Lyon (France) and he was part of a team that designed a car (they participated in this competition) that did more than 3000 KMPL! It was just a single seater car (not even seater as driver had to lie instead of sitting while driving to minimize drag) but was a motor vehicle and used Petrol as fuel. They werent winners though as the winners logged more than 10000 KMPL (Yes ten thousand kilometers per litre!)
But these are highly impractical really for daily use so more like concept vehicles only.
any links ?
Old 23rd May 2008, 09:21   #17
BHPian

This link has the results for the Supermileage competation over the years. Winners of 2006 were University Of British Columbia and the winning mileage was - 3145MPG(Mile per gallon) or 5032 Kmpl!

SAE Collegiate Design Series: Supermileage®: Results
Old 23rd May 2008, 09:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
True, but the motors or technology they use can be implemented in some other applications also. Chances are less but surely not impossible. And its always fun doing such things even when you know that it cannot be mass produced and it is impractical. Its not an easy job afterall. A lot of work must have gone into it. Lets not forget they are in college and still learning and have achieved something which most of us haven't even attempted in our graduations (irrespective of our finance/engineering/medical domains) years.

any links ?
Heres one link
Super mileage competition nets 7,148 MPG | Hypermiling, Fuel Economy, and EcoModding News - EcoModder.com

Sorry its 10k KM per Gallon (and not liter). Silly me I forgot in US they measure in Gallons. 7148mpg ~ 10k KMPG
Old 23rd May 2008, 11:04   #19
BHPian

nevermind its still an achievement for us. We should be proud of that.
Old 23rd May 2008, 22:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

250, 2500, 10,000 kmpl; whatever those figures for competition be, build a safe one which gives 30 kmpl in the city, i dont mind if they make it a two seater and sell it here in india for under 3 lakhs. I will be in the second booking list.

good effort by the students, considering the kind of low(no) budget most the institutes have for such kind of innovations.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks