Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2008, 23:23   #76
Senior - BHPian

Alto Duo

I happen to see in ad during the India Vs Bangladesh Asia cup match for Alto Duo. Has anyone else noticed that??
A very sensible move by Suzuki.
People might argue that LPG is as costly as Diesel, but we dont have much options in diesel at the price of alto and none at the price of M800.

Ram, any info on this one. Does the Lxi also comes with the Duo.

raj.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
indeed it is a good move by maruti,but i am not sure whether 800 will be able cope up W.R.T sales.
yes there will be increase but still ni feel that 800 is an outdated model,maybe LPG version of alto would have been more succesful.
Old 29th June 2008, 00:42   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
I happen to see in ad during the India Vs Bangladesh Asia cup match for Alto Duo. Has anyone else noticed that??
A very sensible move by Suzuki.
People might argue that LPG is as costly as Diesel, but we dont have much options in diesel at the price of alto and none at the price of M800.

Ram, any info on this one. Does the Lxi also comes with the Duo.

raj.

That ad did not say Alto Duo, it was for 800 Duo and Alto in the same ad.

Maruti could well be planning on an Alto Duo though.
Old 29th June 2008, 10:22   #78
Senior - BHPian

I dunno why is MSIL spending money to launch the LPG variants of its cars. These variants cost you 20- 25 k more than the normal petrol variants, have limited range, take away the limited boot space and do not really same you much in terms of running costs. With the current AUto LPG costs there is hardly any money to be saved by using these cars. Add to that, the limited availabilty of Auto LPG in most cities an LPG vehicle whether an Omni M 800 or the Indica Xeta LPG make these impractical vehicles.
Old 29th June 2008, 10:48   #79
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
I dunno why is MSIL spending money to launch the LPG variants of its cars. These variants cost you 20- 25 k more than the normal petrol variants, have limited range, take away the limited boot space and do not really same you much in terms of running costs. With the current AUto LPG costs there is hardly any money to be saved by using these cars. Add to that, the limited availabilty of Auto LPG in most cities an LPG vehicle whether an Omni M 800 or the Indica Xeta LPG make these impractical vehicles.
no one runs the cars on auto LPG.
plenty of illegal pumps that let people fill cooking gas for a small fee. dont know if thats possible for the factory fitted gas kits though

Old 2nd July 2008, 11:16   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
That ad did not say Alto Duo, it was for 800 Duo and Alto in the same ad.

Maruti could well be planning on an Alto Duo though.
that was really confusing giving an impression that it was an alto duo, not just me my cousin decided to buy this one!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
no one runs the cars on auto LPG.
plenty of illegal pumps that let people fill cooking gas for a small fee. dont know if thats possible for the factory fitted gas kits though
Factory fitted or authorized dealer fitments, I guess the inlet would be similar.

My neighbor claims he has a 'kit' to fill the gas into his matiz safely. (recently there was a fire accident in a parking cellar when one man tried to fill his car from a domestic LPG cylinder, the newspapers claim that he was using some 'kit')

raj.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 2nd July 2008 at 11:18.
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:39   #81
BHPian

Yes such type of kit is available I also have one but used it very sparingly as domestic gas is not available easily.
Old 2nd July 2008, 21:23   #82
BHPian

Using domestic gas cylinders on a car is not only illegal, it is highly usafe and not RTO approved. Best not to risk our lives and that of those around us for a few bucks, especially when factory fitted and approved kit is available.
Old 3rd July 2008, 06:56   #83
rippergeo

I'm not saying I approve of domestic gas usage in vehicles, I'm saying, thats the reality. How naive can the govt be about this hazard? they should start letting the cops catch these people and make some pocket money for themselves. it will take away the economic incentive for breaking the law.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks