Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2008, 22:19   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I've had an 800 for 7 years, and have loads of nice memories of it. My parents still say they want one for their use (As they are not too comfortable with driving the WagonR around town). But thinking practically, i think Alto is more than worth the stretch in budget.

Between- the 800 would be much better if they put power assisted brakes in it. (Rather than adding LPG!). Braking is one of the weakest points i have felt in the 800.
I own a 10 year old 800 still and yeah i would agree an alto makes more sense now.Brakes booster,powerful ac alto has it all.
Power assisted brakes,yes definately.With load in the car the 800s brakes are just okaish.
I had seen 3/4th of india in my 800 and just dont feel like letting it go.Whenever i drive,i always get that 'never say die' kinda feeling from this car of mine.
Old 23rd May 2008, 22:44   #32
BHPian

guys getting LPG on 800 seems no sense alto is a much better choice .........perhaps how the MUL guys price it .....i mean is this competition to nano??
Old 23rd May 2008, 22:46   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
I own a 10 year old 800 still and yeah i would agree an alto makes more sense now.Brakes booster,powerful ac alto has it all.
Power assisted brakes,yes definately.With load in the car the 800s brakes are just okaish.
I had seen 3/4th of india in my 800 and just dont feel like letting it go.Whenever i drive,i always get that 'never say die' kinda feeling from this car of mine.
We have 1992 M800 ( non ac ) with more than 80K and when we started considering selling the car, no support was there for this decesion.

800 with LPG will make for a great combination for a lot of people. If purely using for city use for mostly 2 persons, I believe that 800 AC is qutie good and a lot of people have experience driving the 800.
LPG specs are now eagerly awaited. I hope the power loss is not too much.
Old 24th May 2008, 00:09   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Whenever i drive,i always get that 'never say die' kinda feeling from this car of mine.
Better not sell it. I still miss my old car. You are right about the never say die feeling. It just goes on and on!
Old 24th May 2008, 12:39   #35
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I remember some recent comments from BHPians who stated that LPG has suffered price increases, and is increasingly becoming a less viable option. Is this true? If so, how much sense does it make for Maruti to launch an M800 LPG now?
Old 24th May 2008, 12:51   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I remember some recent comments from BHPians who stated that LPG has suffered price increases, and is increasingly becoming a less viable option.
I think members were pointing out that LPG has become a less viable option compared to diesel. In segments where diesel options are there, they make more sense.
For eg: A swift with lpg doesnt stand a chance against a swift diesel, be it price, running costs, maintainence, resale value, driving experience etc.

However, LPG still is less expensive to run compared to petrol over long usage.
Quote:
Is this true? If so, how much sense does it make for Maruti to launch an M800 LPG now?
There is not much of a choice. The lowest priced diesel, the indica diesel is nowhere close. So, only the LPG versions can lower the running costs. Why is also why TATA has come with Xeta LPG. However, i still feel Maruti should have responded with Alto LPG rather than 800 LPG.
Old 24th May 2008, 14:04   #37
BHPian

I had a talk with two dealers in Delhi regarding M 800 LPG. Both denied knowledge of any such development.

Ram, when is the launch? Any news?
Old 24th May 2008, 15:12   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I remember some recent comments from BHPians who stated that LPG has suffered price increases, and is increasingly becoming a less viable option. Is this true? If so, how much sense does it make for Maruti to launch an M800 LPG now?
Basically, LPG will still be cheaper to run than petrol. And the petrol prices are now again going to go up, LPG will be a good option open to buyers.
Old 24th May 2008, 16:13   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes GTO,our manufacturer brothers are better informed than us buddie.The launch of LPG version of any car wouldn't have been better timed than this in the wake of the 10 rs hike in the petrol prices.
ram
Old 25th May 2008, 05:07   #40
BHPian

Aren't LPG prices hiked whenever there is a hike in Petrol prices? Are they not directly dependent.

Last edited by simonkayar : 25th May 2008 at 05:09.
Old 25th May 2008, 06:18   #41
rippergeo

Quote:
true the price of auto LPG is going up. but the heavily subsidised cooking LPG is being illegally used everywhere in the country.that makes it as cheap to run as diesel,Still!

and about M800 recieving a "sports" treatment- why the hell not?
the unrestricted 45bhp MPFI version(which was discontinued) was still faster than most of the other hatchbacks around today.all it needs are the brake boosters.

6years down the line, and after driving a multitude of expensive cars, I still miss my M800.

also, rest assured, MSIL will bring out an LPG alto. its only a matter of time.

Old 25th May 2008, 08:02   #42
Senior - BHPian

Even I think that Alto LPG would have been a better option. Or is Maruti thinking that 800-Duo will be much cheaper than Xeta LPG?

800-Sports!!! Cool! My guess is that they might re-introduce the 45bhp engine with 5-Speed gearbox. Or can it take the old Zen engine??
Old 25th May 2008, 17:17   #43
BHPian

Okay. Why LPG and not the cheaper CNG?
Old 25th May 2008, 17:22   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
I believe the LPG cylinder is smaller compared to the CNG one. I guess there isnt enough space for a reasonably sized CNG cylinder in the M800.
Old 26th May 2008, 03:25   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Hey GTO-T,
Offtopic, may I ask the reason for the similar username and same avatar as the superadmin??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks