Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Does your SX4 rattle ?
Absolutely no rattles at all. 42 31.34%
Just one or two rattles - nothing serious. 49 36.57%
Quite some rattles - irritating and cannot be ignored. 25 18.66%
The whole damn car rattles. 18 13.43%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2008, 12:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Does your SX4 rattle ?

Given that the SX4 is MUL's premium offering in the Indian market, it is only natural to expect that the fit and finish be of good quality. And rattles are not only irritating, but the last thing one would expect on a car costing 7-8 lakhs.

We already have a thread for Swift rattling and given the tremendous reaction to GTO's thread about Swift and SX4 rattling, it seems logical to have a thread to determine how bad an issue rattling is with the SX4.

For data correctness sake, it would be better if the poll is taken only by those that own the SX4. And if it does rattle, it would be useful to give a brief summary of where exactly the ratling comes from.

P.S. : I know that the GV is the costliest offering from MUL in the Indian market, but then how many people even know about its existence.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 23rd May 2008 at 12:25.
Old 23rd May 2008, 13:43   #2
BHPian

Nope, not mine. Not a single rattle at all in 5k kms till date. cheers: Drove a friend's Silky Slver SX4 Zxi last week which is almost a year old now and which has done approx 23k kms, and no rattling problems there as well. Infact that (relatively high mileage) car also felt identical to my 5k kms old car wrt. NVH as well.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 23rd May 2008 at 13:50.
Old 23rd May 2008, 13:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

Our test drive car has one or two rattling issues but that might be due to the torture its facing on every test drives.Other wise no issues at all reported from any one till date.
ram
Old 23rd May 2008, 13:57   #4
BHPian

No rattles till now.
Sept 07 purchase.
Old 23rd May 2008, 17:15   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
We already have a thread for Swift rattling and given the tremendous reaction to GTO's thread about Swift and SX4 rattling, it seems logical to have a thread to determine how bad an issue rattling is with the SX4.
Just a simple clarification since my thread is the focal point of this poll. My thread was NOT restricted to rattles only. I also expressed concern over:

- Inconsistent quality (overall)
- Coarse engine at high rpms (very korean trait. Dont see that in too many Jap engines)
- Uneven panel gaps
- Low refinement and vibrations (including NVH)

Maybe we ought to start a poll that covers these areas too?
Old 23rd May 2008, 20:59   #6

5k kms.. no rattling yet
yup. a little quality issues here and there.. but not that major.
coarse and quite powerful engine.
Old 24th May 2008, 11:25   #7
BHPian

No Rattles till date, Sep 07 purchase, 10 K done
Old 24th May 2008, 11:48   #8
Senior - BHPian

No rattles in my car and the overall quality is pretty good too. The car is new ( 7 weeks ) and has just 1650 Km on the odo.
Old 24th May 2008, 12:04   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
For data correctness sake, it would be better if the poll is taken only by those that own the SX4.
Nice that you have started a public poll. It would be good that only owners vote in the thread, which i am not sure happened with the Swift thread.

Just because, out of the 4 votes against the SX4 now, profile says none owns SX4 . And no posts as to where the rattles are either (except ram). People seem to vote with a perception that its the same as Swift

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 24th May 2008 at 12:11.
Old 24th May 2008, 12:12   #10
BHPian

I am done about 5000 Kms and no rattles till now.

Ah, there was one rattle!.. Turned out to be CD plastic cases in the Glovebox.

But I concur with GTO, about

1. Inconsistent quality - A few lemon traits creeped out of Maruti's QA, in some people's cars.
2. Coarse Engine - Yes, It is coarse at high rpms. No doubts about that.

I do not agree with Uneven Panel Gaps. No gaps are an eyesore, not to me atleast.

Overall, I believe Maruti "could have" done a Honda, if they (not limited to);

1. Refined engine across RPM range
2. Beige and faux wood interiors (I hate them,especially faux wood, but a majority of us think otherwise)
3. Better quality plastics

If they do these, probably at a higher cost of vehicle production, then their margins might reduce AND they would have to place the SX4 bang in the NHC price band. At which, lots of us Indians would just choose Honda for the brand name.

As far as I am concerned, I am happy with the Car which provided so much at little less then others.
And as it goes with every car in this world - there is a scope of improvement.
Old 24th May 2008, 22:24   #11
BHPian

My personal opinion on sx4 as a car apart from the VFM (we know that):

1. I am happy that suzuki is keeping people safe on roads.

2. My car has done 8500 kms without any rattles and i live in Delhi where the odd scratch/bump is quite common

3. I feel the interiors especially the front console is very good, neatly designed with that steely finish (this kind of interior is easily maintainable).

4. The wheels are well suited for India large and absorbing.

5. Engine noise levels are quite okay. I never expect suzuki to deliver on engines anyways.

Cons:
1. Interiors are cheap on some aspects, the leather covers are really laughable, but then something is better than nothing.

2. In places you feel Suzuki have just given a feature for the sake of giving it, one funny thing is the Horn i somehow think its a funny, noisy horn

This car is a packed hot seller tailored for the Indian C segment and no doubt its doing just that (selling like hot cakes here in Delhi).

The best compliment for Suzuki and the sx4 is that they have treaded along a path to at least wake up the other car manufacturers from their slumber or ignorance.
Make them think, make them respond, and their response can be the icing on the cake for the car buyers.
Old 24th May 2008, 22:38   #12
Senior - BHPian

As per the profiles niether Khanak nor Prasanth own a SX4. I believe the whole purpose of this poll was to get the opinion of SX4 owners about their experience with the car.
Old 24th May 2008, 23:05   #13
BHPian

I got rattle from the seat belt connector, which has been corrected by the dealer. Now evertime I pass the speed breaker I get only the THUD sound, nothing else
Old 25th May 2008, 01:10   #14
BHPian

no rattles in my sx4. done 3k kms . only loose items placed in car door pockets or glove box makes noise . have driven my sx4 in my native place where only trucks and tractors go. still no rattles.
Old 25th May 2008, 12:40   #15
BHPian

No rattle at 12K km.

One crack-crack noise which finally fixed at roof mounted Map reading lamp wiring touching to metal.

Door plastic could have been better if made 5mm thickness, its very delicate, <2.5mm thick.

One more thing, when car moves at >100km, along with tyre noise I can hear wind noise cutting side mirrors (while window glass rolled up).

Last edited by omishra : 25th May 2008 at 12:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks