Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2008, 22:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

Whoa! Today morning i was following a civic S and just wondered why they are producing this model, for 40K more, u get a loot more features, i think the demand for the S version was almost Nil these days, and hence they dropped it.
Old 25th May 2008, 01:50   #17
BHPian

Go for Mitsubishi Cedia and come out of this dilemma. You would be glad you did not opt for Honda of any price, shape and size.

I am enjoying Cedia to the hilt and by the day I am seeing more and more of it on the road. Late starter but it is picking sales now.
Old 25th May 2008, 03:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

I bought the 1.8 M/T V, the S variant seems a rip off,and above all if your spending 13.15L why not put a little more and get the top-end unless the difference was more than 1.5L-2L then one could think about getting the S varient.The feel of the car is better than the S variant,this is what i experienced
Old 25th May 2008, 17:14   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
An update: Honda will launch a variant of civic cheaper than the S version without alloys but retaining of the other features of the S, according to a top official at prime Honda, Delhi.
The news makes sense then. Widen the price gap between the base version and the V, and makes the Civic entry point cheaper.

I think its funny to see a 10 lakh car without alloys, but I'd much prefer choose my own set rather than the drab / common OEM designs.
Old 25th May 2008, 18:21   #20
BANNED

well its still sad the S wont be in auto box. id have the base one in auto and in S variant and then get 17 inchers
Old 26th May 2008, 11:12   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
An update: Honda will launch a variant of civic cheaper than the S version without alloys but retaining of the other features of the S, according to a top official at prime Honda, Delhi.
Also, no facelift will be launched in june but Civic hybrid will be launched in June along with civic sports (type-R) in October.
I thought civic sports was due in june and new city in Oct .

So if civic sports in oct then , new city in 2009?
Old 26th May 2008, 11:45   #22
BHPian

The 1.8S is no longer available in Whitefield honda in Bangalore. i went in thinking it could be my next car.. but 14.15 L on road for Civic is nonsense..
1L extra for the leather seats, foglamps and fancy indicators...
Cedia really makes more sense.. for 10.4L on road.
Old 26th May 2008, 17:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

Well, I see the other side of the argument nowadays in favour of the V model !!! Man, when the V was launched everyone said its atrocious to spend 1L for fogs, leather and fancy indicators, all of which can be had for less than 60K from outside.
Old 26th May 2008, 18:44   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Well, I see the other side of the argument nowadays in favour of the V model !!! Man, when the V was launched everyone said its atrocious to spend 1L for fogs, leather and fancy indicators, all of which can be had for less than 60K from outside.
i do not mind outside really. but the point is and in my case i want a auto which is only in V now plus from outside fog lights meaning cutting tons of wires which might be open in future causing short cirsuits not like these indian mechs go thorough any safety measures. plus for leather u have to strip your car down. people in bombay especially dont really have the time for all this now. its strainght out of the box. plus the sexy purple color only comes in V
Old 7th June 2008, 22:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
The face lifted Civic is coming in June. So I don't think they have discontinued the Civic. Maybe just getting rid of the old stock.
Any updates NC? is it out?
Old 8th June 2008, 20:24   #26
BHPian

Only civic hybrid is coming next, well may be low end S variant.
Old 12th June 2008, 11:34   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
The face lifted Civic is coming in June. So I don't think they have discontinued the Civic. Maybe just getting rid of the old stock.
Facelifted Civic? Or is it just the sunroof / hybrid variant? Any further details are much appreciated. Would it be Civic 2009?
Old 12th June 2008, 12:07   #28
Senior - BHPian

Now , Toyota has a great oppurtunity
They can get the corolla out now with a few low end variants.
What this will do is getting a variant for almost 11 lakh would mean that people would be pulled towards buying the corolla rather than the civic for the price.
Though i agree people want more value and quality and a ready to pay a premium for it.
However now civic comes with the higher price and has bumpers which can be compared to light feathers . And Corolla is a world class model with more sales than any other car in the world. The build quality of the corolla is better than the civic.

Thus if the toyota people implement a good strategy of high competitive pricing and good build quality, then despite all the statements that the corolla is not eye catchcy as compared to civic will be nt considered by the people and Toyota will be able to sell the car in high volumes.
Old 12th June 2008, 12:35   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Now , Toyota has a great oppurtunity
They can get the corolla out now with a few low end variants.
What this will do is getting a variant for almost 11 lakh would mean that people would be pulled towards buying the corolla rather than the civic for the price.
2009 Corolla is coming up in August/September 2008. New Corolla would have smiliar pricing as the Civic.

The 2009 Corolla is still a drab design.
Toyota Corolla - 2009 Pictures & Photo Gallery

Civic should anyday take over Corolla with the Type R (drool!). Though we don't have it yet !
New Honda Civic Type R - Honda Announces New Civic Type R - Photos - AutoMotoPortal.com

Last edited by scorp 1 : 12th June 2008 at 12:39.
Old 14th June 2008, 22:03   #30

Got a call from a Honda dealer in Gurgaon. He confirmed the following:-
- A new base variant of Civic is launched called Civic 1.8E
- Price ex showroom gurgaon is 10.6 lakhs, if i remember it right
- what features are lesser as compared to 1.8V (or 1.8S) will be confirmed in a day or two, once i get the information, i will post it.
I hope they dont remove the ABS & AirBags from the list.

Most Viewed