Team-BHP - Budget and Car prices
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Budget and Car prices (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/4020-budget-car-prices.html)

Hi,

In the forthecoming Indian Budget, will Indian Car prices will increase, decrease or remain same.

What does experts over here think. Any indication ;)

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by gutsy
Hi,

In the forthecoming Indian Budget, will Indian Car prices will increase, decrease or remain same.

What does experts over here think. Any indication ;)

Cheers

heard customs will decrease. any one has idea abt thailand-india pact on import stuff?

taxes on cars in delhi will increse after april.

Although it really doesn't affect me, i am hoping that the fuel prices remain stable! i am sure that for most indians that's a big headache.

hey guys will the prices decrease because if they do the optra falls into my budget

I was reading an article in ET:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/1020043.cms

As per them, the prices may go down. But the question is will the companies pass on the benefit to customers.

Also, there are news that due to VAT, companies may hike prices to dealers to compensate them.

Its overall confusing that what will happen, i have to decide by now... whether I am buying today or next month :confused:

basicaly the prices will be the same right
lower the prices, pay the VAT
will it affect the city or the optra

Now you guys have got me in another dilemma - whether to go for the Baleno now (with 60K discount) or wait till after the budget. My gut feeling is that it is better for me get it now, since I doubt if the price cuts will exceed the discount I'm getting. Any suggestions anyone??

~sonic

Guys, budget's a fast approaching! Any feelers or insider info?? Are car prices going down or up?

~Sonic

spoke to guy from navnit motors.
he said that the prices will go down and even maruti is delaying the dispatching more of the E3 baleno till then as the dealers will then go in for a loss so i suggest you get an E3 baleno then...
he said it will be cheaper even after taking VAT into consideration and will update me when the new pricelist arrives

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini
spoke to guy from navnit motors.
he said that the prices will go down and even maruti is delaying the dispatching more of the E3 baleno till then as the dealers will then go in for a loss so i suggest you get an E3 baleno then...
he said it will be cheaper even after taking VAT into consideration and will update me when the new pricelist arrives

Hey Lambo, I AM getting a 2005 Euro III Baleno! :p The only thing I am apprehensive about is the fall in car prices post budget! I'm getting the car for 6.20l on-road after discount. So I wanted to know if there was a possibility that the prices can get way cheaper than this and if there would be discounts in April too; someone told me that the huge discounts are available only frm December to Feb. This is a really tough call to make..... HELP! please:

Hey Sonic,
what i am trying to say is that Maruti will not dispatch any more of the E3 Balenos as after the budget is announced and the pricecut is announced, the dealers will lose out on their pre-price cut balenos so i suggest you wait till after the budget and if anything happens, i have a message on my cell from Mr Amit from Navnit so if it does rise i can always get it at pre budget price

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini
Hey Sonic,
what i am trying to say is that Maruti will not dispatch any more of the E3 Balenos as after the budget is announced and the pricecut is announced, the dealers will lose out on their pre-price cut balenos so i suggest you wait till after the budget and if anything happens, i have a message on my cell from Mr Amit from Navnit so if it does rise i can always get it at pre budget price

The dealer I am buying the car from already has some 2005 model Euro III Balenos in stock. I'm planning to get these..... Do you suggest I go get it now or wait till after the budget? It's just that I don't want to lose a bird in my hand, because there might be two in the bush!! :p I.E, I have a good deal, so if there won't be drastic price cuts (which I doubt), I'm still getting a good deal now!

~Sonic

Sonic,

I doubt whether there will be a pricecut of 60,000 post budget. The company and dealers may not want to push the whole benefit to the end customer.