Team-BHP - Gear lock saves my car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Gear lock saves my car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/4021-gear-lock-saves-my-car.html)

This happened yesterday night. Somebody with the intentions of stealing my wagonR broke the window glass of the third window (i dont know what it is called, it is of triangular shape generally and is the last one if you see the car from sideways and is adjacend to the rear seat side window).
My car is equipped with Maruti Nippon central lock and a mechanical gear lock. But i had the shock sensor disabled :mad:
Inside the car, everything was in chaos, from car papers to mats. And surprisingly, the Stereo Mouth was lying on the backseat. And even more surprisingly, the thief did not take a single item from the car!...
Maybe his intentions were to Steal the car... and i think my gear lock saved me... in the end he got nothing...
It took me 2000 bucks to reinstall the window glass....

Just cant understand how the thief managed to get inside the car after breaking that tiny window.
lesson learnt: mechanical locks are the best. so i installed a steering lock also.

Hey deceite, How can a thief get inside the car thru that small space???? Even if he did what was he doin with the scattered papers and screwdup mats....doesnt really make sense!!!I have a feeling that the thief didnot get inside the car at all, could it be a cat or something?? or ghost??hehe..

Dude, did the central locking buzzer go on???

Well wolf, he may have managed to pull down the rear window glass as its reacheable from that side. But to my surprise, only the front side window was half down and its impossible for somebody to get inside or outside from that space. Which means that he may have opened the door lock but how the damn central locking buzzer did not go on I dont have a clue.
All fuses of central locking are intact an its working perfectly fine....
The maruti central locking guys at DD motors (wazirpur New delhi) were totally confused.... they had no clue what could have been the sequence of events...

Really strange man...Unable to reason the event atall!!! It is possible that the mats were messed as the thief tried to tamper with the wiring on the flooring but if your central locking is working fine after the advent, I dont think what im thinking is right...Anything unique that u noticed??? like screws or metal objects or stripped wires on the floor??? R u sure someone hasnt playd a prank on u?????I do....

Aaahh,,,,someone few days bk told me that there is this elecronic gadget available in the market which is called Central Lock Demobiliser...This instrument can deactivate central locks temporarily by interfering with the sensors!!!!!

No it cant be prank... mine is a high theft probability zone, so much so that people fasten their cars with iron chains to a grill or tree or something...
some strange things i noticed:
1. glove compartment was empty and all its contents were on front seats. And it looked like he searched a lot for a particular thing somewhere.... (maybe he thought i am stupid enough to keep keys of gear lock etc. inside car.. lol..)
2. Lots of dust and mud on the seats.
3. Stereo mouth, Ash tray taken out.

But i must admit... he was one professional thief... no sound, no alarms.. and he managed to get inside and outside the car using only that tiny window.....
Don't know what trick that maniac played....
Did not lodge a complaint with Police.. as nothing was missing... except for the broken window glass :(

No matter what it is dude I think its wise tolodge a complaint...The vigilance in your area might just increase,,,u never know.Also next time something goes wrong you despite your complaing, you will have a upper hand over the pandus to spit it them coz im sure they will nastily ask you- Pichle baar kyon complaint nahee likhaya???

if you open the rear quarter glass (isn't that what its called), using a wire noose, you may be able to reach the rear door lock. and i think if you open it from the inside, then the buzzer doesn't go off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite
No it cant be prank... mine is a high theft probability zone, so much so that people fasten their cars with iron chains to a grill or tree or something...:(

the top stolen cars in delhi are the marutis , 800s are the most favourable ..mine was stolen from outside my dads office ..next week my buddies was stolen from his college ..
lesson once learnt ...gearlocks are the best .. my dad spent more money on the alto than he did for the corsa when is came to security.. hehe ..alto pakcage has a shock sensor ,engine immobilizer and something anti hijacking ..where u enter a code in the system which seizes the engine after 10 minutes i think ,(dont exactly know what my dad meant by that since ihavent seen my alto yet ) and ofocurse the Traditional Gear Lock ..

worst thing is you can forget about ever getting to see your car once its stolen ,by the time you file a report at the police station your car is probably out of town and disposed of ...

cheers

hey guys
i feel really stupid right now but whats a gear lock ??
any pics and prices
all my cars have someone near them and on my new car i want to put an autocop system with immobilizer and all
but i know one thing for sure i will always carry a manual security system with me when i go out alone (once i get a liense though)

hy dciete man
be a bit more careful next time. maybe he screwed up (switched off the alarm - filmi style) your system using a stick then entered ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini
hey guys
i feel really stupid right now but whats a gear lock ??
any pics and prices..

Gear locks restrict the movement of floor-mounted gear levers...gearlock is mounted alongside the gear lever, and suits manual , using a padlock style shackle which locks the lever holding the vehicle in gear.... if this device is fitted, it would be impossible to move the vehicle..

cheers

Great info turbolover!!...
BTW just noticed today that Maruti Alto doesnt have that rear quarter window..!.. and have seen some 800s with grills on it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite
Great info turbolover!!...
BTW just noticed today that Maruti Alto doesnt have that rear quarter window..!.. and have seen some 800s with grills on it...

hah ! yeahh now whn i come to think of it ,i dont remmber seeing a rear quarter glass in an alto ! ..
800's bro ,havent u seen em with grills on their side indicator lights? coz all one has to do is pull it out and it comes out in one piece ..

cheers

thanx guys for the information
hey turbo lover man all my 800s had a grill after thedeck on my 800 was stolen outside my sisters school ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini
thanx guys for the information
hey turbo lover man all my 800s had a grill after thedeck on my 800 was stolen outside my sisters school ...

lol ..how many 800s do u have ??? ..
i could open my 800 with a friggin scissor tip ! rl: rl:

so far i have had 4 800s
i remember the good times..
was a 3 years old no troubles enjoying playing in the car.
i had bought 2 800s - one red one silver then sold them off and got a 1000 and the then new 800 in green which came as a surprise. i was in the 1st standard when that happened and i was looking fo my red 800 when i saw this beauty green 800 deluxe model with wheelcaps (which in those times were a fashion acc.) and leather steering. it looked so good and i was wishing it was mine and i was like so surprised when my driver walked up to the car...
the car was later used for dog duties and i got my last 800 which was a maroon coloured current shape 800 which was sold off in 1 year, replaced by an indica petrol...
nyway now i really miss them but i guess i should end my boring story here ..
one funny incident is when i got angry and broke my 800s mirror.. hell i was in the 1st standard and i could remove an 800s mirror as well as a thief... same with the side lights.
very easy to remove