Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2009, 15:19   #31
Senior - BHPian

this is a great move by hyundai which leds to more trust on this brand and happy current owners, just one enquiry is this applicable to current future buys too for i20 crdi say and also i heard this doesnot cover getz crdi is this true?
Old 20th July 2009, 15:28   #32
BHPian

Hi I had purchased Hyundai i10 kappa magna from Advaith Hyundai Bangalore. It was part of government scheme under which I purchased the car, so they offered me 3rd year extended warranty as free but till date I have not received any certificate mentioning this. When evef I call them they say that I will get it within 3 months, but now it is more than 3 months, last week when I called them they told that I would get it in 6 months. They told me that Hyundai Motors would directly send it to my home address. I am in lot of confusion here, could somebody tell me when or how will I get the extended warranty certificate? Should I contact Advaith Hyundai for this or should I get in touch with the Hyundai customer care directly.
Old 20th July 2009, 15:29   #33
Senior - BHPian

Alright, if this is 2+3 then it doesn't really excite me as much. I thought, it was 5 years standard warranty similar to they have in US.

Most manufacturers anyway offer 2+2 warranty these days, so 2+3 is no great shake.
Old 20th July 2009, 15:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

It is pretty idiotic not to offer this warranty on the i20! Are they not sure of their own premium product?
Old 20th July 2009, 17:09   #35
BHPian

Extended warranty Certificate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Hi I had purchased Hyundai i10 kappa magna from Advaith Hyundai Bangalore. When evef I call them they say that I will get it within 3 months, but now it is more than 3 months, last week when I called them they told that I would get it in 6 months. They told me that Hyundai Motors would directly send it to my home address. I am in lot of confusion here, could somebody tell me when or how will I get the extended warranty certificate? Should I contact Advaith Hyundai for this or should I get in touch with the Hyundai customer care directly.
One month back, we purchased the same model (Hyundai i10 kappa magna ) from a Kolkata Dealer (Saini Hyundai) and opted for two years extended warranty.
The extended warranty certificate was not issued at the time of payment and we too were told that Hyundai Motors would directly send it to our residential address.
Can anybody tell us if this is "standard" and what is the standard "delay" in getting the certificate"?
Old 20th July 2009, 21:49   #36
BHPian

I have lodged a complaint with Hyundai customer care. I don't know how far they are going to help me in getting my third year free extended warranty because they seem less interested. I also spoke to Advaith Hyundai again today and they told that someone would give a call and let me know the status but no one had called till now. I think the promise of 3rd year free extended warranty made by Advaith Hyundai has gone in the thin air.
Old 21st July 2009, 13:09   #37
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
If one were a low mileage user, he can opt for the additional 3 year/60000 KM, 4 year/80000 KM or 5 year/100000 KM
20,000 kms per year is hardly low usage, the average for Indian cars (urban) is about 12,000 kms p.a. Even my diesel cars don't see 20,000 kms p.a.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Most manufacturers anyway offer 2+2 warranty these days, so 2+3 is no great shake.
I think it is a big deal, especially when you consider that the chances of part failure are much higher at 80,000 kms / 5th year than in the earlier years.

This is a step in the right direction, as it is offering us consumers an additional choice. A warranty is always indicative of the manufacturer's confidence in its own products. Those who believe in extended warranties (moi included) would jump at the opportunity. Come to think of it, an overwhelming majority of BMW owners on this forum have opted in on the 5 year maintenance + warranty packages.
Old 21st July 2009, 17:03   #38
BANNED

Hyundai Extended Warranty

With Extended Warranty , here is a brief look at what you save:
  • A/c Compressor Rs.18500/Appx
  • Engine Control Module - Rs.19200/Appx
  • Fuel Pump - Rs.4050/Appx
  • Water Pump - Rs.1150/Appx
  • Fuel Injector -Rs.16500/Appx
  • Turbo- Charger- Rs.40000/Appx
  • Sensors - Rs.3070/Appx
  • Steering Rack - Rs.19000/Appx

Compresensive extended warrenty
  • Manual & Automatic
  • All sensors
  • ECM
  • AC Compressor
  • Turbocharger
  • ABS Module
  • Seat Belts
  • Door actuators
  • Horn
  • Wiring Harness
  • Power Window
  • Steering Rack
  • Steering Column
  • Cluster Assy
  • Fuel Pump
  • Clutch Master Cylinder
  • Brake Master Cylinder
  • Wiper & Washer Motor
  • Blower Motor
  • Starter
  • Thermostat
  • Radiator Assy
  • Generator
  • Torque Converter
  • Headlamps
  • Head Lamp & Indicator switch
  • Wheel Bearings
  • Power Steering Pump and Many More

Following are Not included in the warranty
  • Tie Rod Ends
  • Steering Ball Joints
  • Front Struts
  • Rear Shockabsorbers

For Additional 1 Year Warranty Rs.3785/-
For Additional 2 Year Warranty Rs.8170/-
For Additional 3 Year Warranty Rs.14235/-
Old 21st July 2009, 17:24   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I think it is a big deal, especially when you consider that the chances of part failure are much higher at 80,000 kms / 5th year than in the earlier years.
Don't get me wrong! I am quite happy that they are offering 2+3 years.

But, I initially thought it as 5 years standard warranty, which was just WOW! They offer 10 years warranty in the US of A, so my initial thinking more along those lines. In current form, it is more of incremental delta on top of existing warranty schemes with a bit of additional price. Of course, better for we customers!
Old 21st July 2009, 22:16   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Hi I had purchased Hyundai i10 kappa magna from Advaith Hyundai Bangalore. It was part of government scheme under which I purchased the car, so they offered me 3rd year extended warranty as free but till date I have not received any certificate mentioning this. When evef I call them they say that I will get it within 3 months, but now it is more than 3 months, last week when I called them they told that I would get it in 6 months. They told me that Hyundai Motors would directly send it to my home address. I am in lot of confusion here, could somebody tell me when or how will I get the extended warranty certificate? Should I contact Advaith Hyundai for this or should I get in touch with the Hyundai customer care directly.
You should post this as a complaint and i guess you should have got this in writing from the showroom staff when taking delivery. Verbal promises get lost into thin air often.
Old 22nd July 2009, 23:17   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
You should post this as a complaint and i guess you should have got this in writing from the showroom staff when taking delivery. Verbal promises get lost into thin air often.
I got a call from my dealer asking about the complaint that I had posted with Hyundai customer support, and later in the day I received an email from them informing that they (my dealer) have sent the required documents to Hyundai motors for verification and I would receive it within 6 months. Oh boy!!! it is going to be a long wait for getting an extended warranty certificate.
Old 23rd July 2009, 23:55   #42
BHPian

That was a quick response pal. Just remember to keep records of the same just in case they change their terms later on. Always better to keep written records. Emails also will do.
Old 24th July 2009, 01:08   #43
BHPian

Recently, upon inquiring, Hyundai sales man siad that, 2+3 warrenty is not there for their CNG / LPG fitted cars. Only standard 1-2 yrs warrenty will apply. Is this true?
Old 24th July 2009, 10:03   #44
BANNED

Has anybody tried to analyze the idea a bit further -

1. The number of failures in the drive train in 100,000km are virtually NIL.
2. You now have to remain tied to their A.S.S. network for five years, take you car in twice a year even if you do 5000km per year.

Bingo, more profits with minimal liabilities!!!!

There is no free lunch!!
Old 25th July 2009, 12:22   #45
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would receive it within 6 months.
This is really shocking. Do they make any mention as to why it will take 6 months?? It should not take more than a few weeks at the longest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks